It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has gold hit its peak?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
could gold have hit its peak an dis now on the down side? if so what does this mean to all the gold holders, could you be losing money? www.kitco.com... just a thought of what might be.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i think what your seeing is a big dip before a big raise

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

with all that printing money i don't think so !!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

It is possible to lose value. If you bought within the past few years you could lose some of your dollar investment. Gold is considered safe because it will not go to zero and you completely lose your investment, but it absolutely rises and falls and with anything else.

I remember hearing a few months ago that gold was due for an adjustment (possibly 30%). I do not think that gold is a bad investment as I said it will never be worthless, even if everything goes to crap and we are trading seeds and beans gold will still have value it is too useful solid, melted, whatever there is a purpose for it. Plus humans love shiny rocks

I also think that whether it is a global adjustment or natural fall it will come down. I'm still trying to see what happens with all these cash for gold stores, and the pushing of buying gold coins and such. It's been interesting to follow.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

What makes you believe it is hitting a peak? Your link only shows kitco's 24 hour spot chart, no information about a possible peak. IMO there is no way gold can peak at $1400, not if you understand market principles and currency devaluation.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

for me to start losing value of my investment $... my gold holdings would need to drop from it's
current ~$23. share to only ~ $9.50 share.
I just don't see that happening any time soon.

in fact i'm still looking for that anticipted buy signal when gold retreats to $1260.
it was going in that direction a few-8 or 10 days back when it hit $1320... but recovered

i know for sure the QE2 cessation or a reduced or rejected QE3 will cause gold to go manic

so this next buying opportunity will likely be the lowest price for the next 30 years...buy-buy-buy X7

look for Silver to get back to the low $20's before going to the $50's

guess i'm the lone vanguard of the PMs here on ATS
edit on 10-3-2011 by St Udio because: ~Whoa 5 replies while i typed !

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think Gold will flutter around a little, rising and dropping before steadily making it's way higher.. and maybve even over US$2,000 per ounce over the next two years.

Gerald Celente was very correct when he said a couple of years ago now that it would reach and pass US$1,200 per ounce.. wish I had listened and bought some
And I note here that the Naysayers from then are very quiet.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by bekod

edit on 10-3-2011 by St Udio because: ~Whoa 5 replies while i typed !

This is exactly what I am waiting for. If it does make a pull back to $20 I am going to throw a lot of my savings at silver for the long term. Everything else is going up except my bank account. Time to make my money work a little harder for me.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

today, friday the 11th might be just the day that gold & silver break down big time...

factors: triple witching- aftermath of Japan Tsunami - possible ATM/Banking offline following
earthquake/tsunami and solar 'X' flare which was preceeded by 10 ea class M flares this week....
its all causing people to act hastily and irrationally...its not just because of the physical events
but the fear and trepridation the series of calamities cause to the emotional quotent of the masses

clear thinking should produce good results... i have a Grand at hand, if the www. keeps functioning

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
ADDITIONALLY

i just posted this link on the ever expanding 'current market thread in the global meltdown forum..

some where around page 755

www.gracelandupdates.com...

june 13-14 is the
Strange Attractor/i] day for gold...if its at a 'low' then a 4.3 year bull market in gold will
come about...
however if gold hits a new high on that date---then expect a 8+year bear market for gold

read the PDF by Mr Armstrong, its only 5 pages of large type

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

reply to post by bekod

Don't think so friend!

Silver is not going down.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by derickonfire

reply to post by bekod

Don't think so friend!

Silver is not going down.

Heck, even if it does drop back into the 20s, good luck finding any physical silver anywhere at that price. As it is, you can't find physical silver (even 90% junk coins) at a price close to spot. Most sellers are either pushing premiums way up, or dropping their inventory back into their safes and making it not available for sale.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips
Heck, even if it does drop back into the 20s, good luck finding any physical silver anywhere at that price. As it is, you can't find physical silver (even 90% junk coins) at a price close to spot. Most sellers are either pushing premiums way up, or dropping their inventory back into their safes and making it not available for sale.

Crazy, isn't it?

Fortunately, I have been lucky on eBay. Though it seems that most physical is going for at least spot+, and ASEs are going for over $40.

While searching and bidding on hundreds of bids, I've managed to acquire the following deals (at % of spot during bid): 77%, 84%, and a bunch in the 90-95% range. I did score a sweet deal on a silver utensil for 65% and am stoked because I bid mainly to win the bag the utensil came in =)

I do agree that if paper silver drops to the $20's (which I don't think it will) - then physical will STILL sell for $35+ which would prove that paper is manipulated and unreliable.
edit on 16-3-2011 by derickonfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think some of you may be missing something here. It is not the gold that is going up or down in value. It's intrisic value remains the same as with silver (however silver is much more widely used in industry so it's value fluctuates with demand.)

But the point is: It is the dollar that is on the decline in value, making the gold only seem to be worth more. It is in fact worth the same. It's purchasing power is higher right now because the markets are manipulated. But once/if TPTB allow the markets to determine there own real values, you will see that gold will most likely have the same buying power as it did in the 4th century.

As far as it hitting it's peak compared to the dollar.....not even close. The dollar will continue to slide as the Fed pumps more money into the system. There's no getting around the inflation crisis that has been forced on the US economy. Whether it takes 6 months or 5 years, the dollar will deflate dramatically. You can't triple(as far as we know triple....not taking into account multi leveraging of loans) a currencies number of monies out of thin air and expect the original to be worth the same.

As I tell people when advising on gold or silver: Your not buying it to make money, but to stop the bleeding.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
told you so time to sell , if your are greedy then stay with it till it hits $250 an oz.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
told you so time to sell , if your are greedy then stay with it till it hits $250 an oz.

Ha! No luck there. As has been explained by the previous poster, the value is based on the buying power of an incredibly weak, and over-inflated dollar. Sure, there is a little speculation built into the price of gold and silver, but that bubble is small and built on a very solid foundation of a collapsing dollar which shows no sign of righting itself any time soon. In fact, as the Fed continues to pump more and more money into the system, the dollar becomes worth less and less. The metals are a hedge against inflation, and you won't see $250/oz gold in your lifetime.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

ya and i was told i would never see the $1400 an oz , but then i said it would be $1500, oz back in 1986, so what if i am $100 off , could go as low as $150 then.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by larphillips

ya and i was told i would never see the $1400 an oz , but then i said it would be $1500, oz back in 1986, so what if i am $100 off , could go as low as $150 then.

OK... keep telling yourself that. Seriously, knock yourself out.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
well i just might see the 1500$ an Oz after all 1498$ that is is close to what i said it would be back in 1986 but still needs the 1500$ mark.www.kitco.com...
edit on 19-4-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

No; any drop in the near future of the price of gold or silver
will merely be a temporary correction imo. After that look
out for a considerable rise in both metal's prices. Hang on....
there's is no telling what might happen.

edit on 4/19/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join