It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Really Oil They Want From Lybia...or Water?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This something I remember from awhile back and its relevance cannot be ignored. After all...Water WILL be more valuable than water when the SHTF.

Virtually unknown in the West:

Libya's water resources. We still wonder how on earth did Gaddafi manage to stay in power for forty years? Did no one notice that he built a HUGE FRESH WATER PIPELINE to the Benghazi region?

In Libya there are four major underground basins, these being the Kufra basin, the Sirt basin, the Morzuk basin and the Hamada basin, the first three of which contain combined reserves of 35,000 cubic kilometres of water. These vast reserves offer almost unlimited amounts of water for the Libyan people.

The West refuses to recognize that a small country, with a population no more than four million, can construct anything so large without borrowing a single cent from the international banks.

Were they waiting for him to finish?

More:

twelfthbough.blogspot.com...

Map 1:

lh4.googleusercontent.com...

Map 2:

lh5.googleusercontent.com...

Thank you:

twelfthbough.blogspot.com...

edit on 9-3-2011 by jude11 because: Added Quote

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure there are countries with a lot more water than Libya. Theres got to be hundreds of better locations in the world for fresh water. Libya is an oil field covered with sand, my overwhelming hunch would be the oil.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
River.
Along the River
Banks.
What flows between the Banks?
Currency.

2 for 1 deal.
Offer too hard to pass up.
Impeccable timing.
edit on 9-3-2011 by A por uvas because: 2 for 1 deal.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
I'm pretty sure there are countries with a lot more water than Libya. Theres got to be hundreds of better locations in the world for fresh water. Libya is an oil field covered with sand, my overwhelming hunch would be the oil.

Actually, it would make Libya independent. This is the quote that makes me go hmmmm?

"Over 95% of Libya is desert, and the new water sources can open up thousands of hectares of irrigated farmland. At present over 80% of the country's agriculture production comes from the coastal regions, where local aquifers have been overpumped, and salt water intrusion is taking place. The Great Man-Made River will relieve this. The water now flowing will immediately supplement supplies for domestic and industrial needs in Benghazi and Sirte. But Libyan officials plan for 80% of the overall project's flow to eventually be used for irrigating old farms, and reclaiming some desert lands. Since 20% of Libya's imports are foodstuffs, expanded water supplies are a means to greater self-sufficiency. The Great Man-Made River project and its objectives fly in the face of the water-control schemes sanctioned by the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund."

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The water just adds to the value of the oil. I wouldn't say it was one or the other but both. Doesn't Libya have one of the highest GDP per capita for African countries? Just imagine what the bankers could do with that.... The people would earn less but they sure as hell can streamline better than Ghaddafi did...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Just in...

Coincidence?

America's breadbasket aquifer running dry; massive agriculture collapse inevitable.

"It's the largest underground freshwater supply in the world, stretching from South Dakota all the way to Texas. It's underneath most of Nebraska's farmlands, and it provides crucial water resources for farming in Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma and even New Mexico. It's called the Ogallala Aquifer, and it is being pumped dry."

More...

www.naturalnews.com...

Thank you NaturalNews.com

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I just want to note that this is the first topic on Libya i have been able to find after sifting thru posts and forums. Not any headlines have been about libya, and nothing on the front page mentions it. This is really frustrating to me, i feel like this community is ignoring this serious news and just focusing on hocus pocus. theres a revolution going on out there, there are people fighting and fleeing, dying, i think that this should be a highlight of this website. Its increcibly relevant, yet i dont see many topics on it.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4th horseman
I just want to note that this is the first topic on Libya i have been able to find after sifting thru posts and forums. Not any headlines have been about libya, and nothing on the front page mentions it. This is really frustrating to me, i feel like this community is ignoring this serious news and just focusing on hocus pocus. theres a revolution going on out there, there are people fighting and fleeing, dying, i think that this should be a highlight of this website. Its increcibly relevant, yet i dont see many topics on it.

I agree.

Had to sift thru numerous forums to find Libya but found it very scarce. Decided to post anyway. I know my topic is very controversial to many but any opinion is better than none.

And until we know the truth, any opinion is legitimate IMHO.

top topics

join