It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Wagers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Reading through some other threads I realized that some of us here are enormously invested in the 2012 myth. I'm interested in making a wager and exchanging information in order to bet whether or not anything will actually take place. Let's say we even wait till Jan 1st 2013 to settle it. Now maybe this comes off as unfair because if there is some sort of cataclysmic event and we both die, there's no exchange. Also if we come in to some kind of harmonic convergence and all ascend to a consciousness in which money as we know it is completely irrelevant it's pretty much void again. OR if the global economy eats it big time and neither of us have the cash to pay the other, it'll suck then too...

But I'm saying let's bet $1000 that December 22nd 2012 is pretty much exactly like December 20th. Any takers?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
HOW MUCH BLOOD CURRENCY ARE YOU WILLING TO PUT UP....

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I'd bet my Fender Strat that 2012 passes just like every other crappy year, we'll get to watch Ryan Seacrest attempt to host a new years eve party, people will make resolutions they don't keep, and I'll wake up, like always, on the floor in some no descript room wondering where the hell I am.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I WILL GIVE YOU PLASMA

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

Not you friend lol

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Hawking

I'd bet my Fender Strat that 2012 passes just like every other crappy year, we'll get to watch Ryan Seacrest attempt to host a new years eve party, people will make resolutions they don't keep, and I'll wake up, like always, on the floor in some no descript room wondering where the hell I am.

Haha...well is it a MIA? I'm an SG kinda guy nowadays

And to the blood guys, maybe I should have wagered a few gallons of water or something depending on the nature of the apocalypse
edit on 9-3-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The date is just a focal point. To help our little minds focus on a much larger picture. We are already IN the 2012 event. Things are changing everyday almost. It is symbolic. Sure we will be here in 13 but just how?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

This is a great idea. Here, I'll bet you 50 spirituality points, 50 mana points against all the Gil you have, that we reach spiritual enlightenment.

(I still think it might be viral marketing for the next FF game)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
The date is just a focal point. To help our little minds focus on a much larger picture. We are already IN the 2012 event. Things are changing everyday almost. It is symbolic. Sure we will be here in 13 but just how?

You can apply "symbolic" to everything.

So tell me, was finding treatment to diabetes symbolic? Polio vaccines? WWII and WWI? Was Vietnam and Iraq symbolic? Were the Dark Ages symbolic? Was flight of Man symbolic? Was everything else relevant to our modern world symbolic?

I love how symbolism turns up when it can be used to further a bunk idea... But if it has no application to said bunk idea has no purpose.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
And to the blood guys, maybe I should have wagered a few gallons of water or something depending on the nature of the apocalypse
edit on 9-3-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

I hear ya
Checking how strong your senses were in relation to near date or date.

Be well

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If I had the money, I'd bet any amount! After all, even if I lose and the world ends, I wouldnt be alive to pay it off anyways

but really, how many times has the world have supposed to ended so far? I will go on like my normal day.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isildur1
but really, how many times has the world have supposed to ended so far? I will go on like my normal day.

5X

Be well

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Reading through some other threads I realized that some of us here are enormously invested in the 2012 myth. I'm interested in making a wager and exchanging information in order to bet whether or not anything will actually take place. Let's say we even wait till Jan 1st 2013 to settle it. Now maybe this comes off as unfair because if there is some sort of cataclysmic event and we both die, there's no exchange. Also if we come in to some kind of harmonic convergence and all ascend to a consciousness in which money as we know it is completely irrelevant it's pretty much void again. OR if the global economy eats it big time and neither of us have the cash to pay the other, it'll suck then too...

But I'm saying let's bet $1000 that December 22nd 2012 is pretty much exactly like December 20th. Any takers?

Your 1000$ won't be worth much then...

And Boncho,WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan...All the war are symbolic. When you know why they happen, you get it. Flight of man was highly symbolic. They were weak examples...Not everything is symbolic, but everything that is related to politics is, because politics is run by the very same people that loves putting their All-Seeing Eye symbols everywhere...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I would bet that it will be the same as the 20th December but the 20th December will be devastation, I am making a topic about this in a minute.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159

Your 1000$ won't be worth much then...

And Boncho,WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan...All the war are symbolic. When you know why they happen, you get it. Flight of man was highly symbolic. They were weak examples...Not everything is symbolic, but everything that is related to politics is, because politics is run by the very same people that loves putting their All-Seeing Eye symbols everywhere...

Yes, please explain all the symbolism of every event dating back through all recorded history and how it relates to 2012....

I can't wait to be enlightened...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I believe in "2012" but would also take your bet (if I had any care for money). Go figure that one out hawking.

I don't think anything will suddenly change one day to the next. I also think certain "2012 events" will happen but just not in that year, probably closer to 2015-17.

2012 has become almost like a figure of speech for "nearby end times/catastrophes/enlightenments/re-birth etc.", you might be hard up finding "2012ers" who actually believe in a sudden one day change on the date 21/12/12.

I would not bet you $1000 that the next decade goes as smoothly as the last few have.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

This has gotten so far off whatever the thread was that I can no longer make any sense of what you might be trying to make sense of here. That's all for me on this one.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't think it's worth wasting time and energies. You don't seem open to the idea.

Personally I don't see why some people are having troubles getting this...??

Symbolic means that it represents a symbol. A "symbol" is very large. Every major social, political, economical situation is symbolic, as it represents the consciousness of the civilization. You have to see history as a whole, not as a series of isolated events. Everything that happens is related to the specific time or era the civilization is in.

As for WWI, WWII, it clearly represent globalization for me. Symbolism is a universal thing, as well as a personal thing. The modern wars represent greed, control, money, power. These are the big trends of our time. I've never seen a war of a major happening not related to the trend of the society.

And by the way, I won't enlighten you. Only you can!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

No wait, I've got it now. You apparently took issue with the term symbolic and then listed a number of events which were to your mind NOT symbolic. I however did not use symbolic in reference to anything but 2012 if I remember correctly. You apparently see no symbolism about it is what I am guessing. Fine. My contention here is that man DOES use symbolism. And constantly. Certainly not all men. Or at all times. But in this case the concept of 2012 is real to many and symbolic to many and meaningless to many others. We can head off careening into each other if you like. Or not. Because if we really want to get down to it from my understanding, all this that so many consider real may or may not be real. What we know of anything is the representations conjured up in our minds. Symbolic representations of reality.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
If nothing happens on Dec 21st 2012, I will personally get the ATS logo tattooed on my left butt cheek. That's how confident I am. Ill even contact the Overlord and make it official.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join