It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Government protests in Croatia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Anti-Government protests in Croatia

english.ruvr.ru

Some 10,000 demonstrators hit the streets of Zagreb, capital of Croatia, on Sunday to protest the government’s economic policy. The protesting demand that Prime Minister Jadranka Kosor and her Cabinet step down. The government is accused of corruption that has led to economic instability in the country.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
www.bernama.com.my
www.youtube.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
More riots in Europe!
edit on 8-3-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The world wide protests and political awakening isn't exclusive to the middle east. Croatia, as well as the whole Balkan region, has been riffled with corruption ever since the break up of Yugoslavia, the death of Tito and the immediate introduction of capitalism. I am in contact with individuals who reside in Croatia, Serbia and Bosnia. They say the media there is reporting the protestors as soccer hooligans. I personaly wouldn't be suprised if this is partialy true, as the balkans are ripe with intense and often stupid nationalism, but from the footage and audio I have heard, I have came to the conclusion that this is not the case. The protests are being carried out mainly by the youth and as usual students appear to make the majority of the croud.
Video of Anti-Government protests.

It's funny to see the cynical attitude of the region in this protest. At 41 secounds the protest sign says, there is more of us but we won't do anything to you.

english.ruvr.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Wow, I wonder what Mirko Cro Cop has to say about this?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This has been going on in Croatia for quit some time hasn't it?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Wow, I wonder what Mirko Cro Cop has to say about this?

right kick hospital, left kick cemetary

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
This has been going on in Croatia for quit some time hasn't it?

Yes it has been going on for a prolonged period, but they seem to be intesifying and gaining international coverage as of today.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I just posted this in older thread i started some time ago (More riots in Europe!) but since that thread died i think i should share it here too. Hope its not a problem...

Short summary:
22.02.2011. -Zagreb, 300-500 protesters - peaceful
24.02.2011. -Zagreb, 2000-3000 protesters - peaceful
    -Zagreb, 15000 - 20000 protesters - riots
    -Osijek 1500-2000 protesters - smaller incidents
    -Šibenik 200-300 protesters - peaceful

27.02.2011. -Split 500-1000 protesters - peaceful
28.02.2011. -Zagreb, 1000-1500 protesters - peaceful
    - Zagreb, 7000-9000 protesters - peaceful
    - Split 500-1000 protesters - peaceful

04.03.2011. -Zagreb, 9000-10500 protesters - peaceful
    -Varaždin, 2000 protesters - peaceful
    -Rijeka, 500-1000 protesters - peaceful
    -Koprivnica, 500-1000 protesters - peaceful
    -Split, 1000 protesters - peaceful
    -Osijek, 1000-1500 protesters - peaceful
    +some protesters in Pula, Zadar, Virovitica, Slavonski brod

06.03.2011. -Zagreb, 8000-10000 protesters - peaceful
07.03.2011. -Čakovec, 500-800 protesters - peaceful
08.03.2011. -Zagreb, 7000-8000 protesters - peaceful

Few facts:
-more than 70% of people living in Croatia supports protests
-ONLY 13% of people supports government
-more than 82% of people thinks that government is responsible for riots and protests

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
this Soros - Croatia connection article from last year:

daily.tportal.hr...

Croatian President Ivo Josipovic met in New York on Thursday the billionaire George Soros to discuss the situation in Croatia and in Southeast Europe and plans to renew activities of Soros's Open Society foundation in Croatia.

After the meeting, Josipovic told Croatian reporters that Soros was familiar with the situation in Croatia and the rest of the region and that he was interested in some information regarding the activities and financing of his projects in the region.

and it goes all the way back to 1997!

The US State Department has criticised Croatia for intimidating non-governmental organisations. A State Department spokesman said that it was "unacceptable" for the Croatian government to engage in the public defamation of a pro-democracy foundation headed by the American billionaire, George Soros.

Spokesman James Foley said on Tuesday night that the United States believes that the Soros Foundation is making a "valuable contribution throughout Central and Eastern Europe, including in Croatia, to free speech and democratisation".

www.independent.co.uk...

is this theory accurate?

www.hiddenmysteries.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dario86

And alot of these Croatian rioters are Neo Nazis, believe me i know i have been to Croatia i have heard on the radio or Marko Perković aka Thompson Neo Nazi was at the one of these protest sites, where he not wanted the current government to be removed but used anti Serbian slurs statements.

60% Croatia is full of Pro Nazi supporters

edit on 8-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by dario86

And alot of these Croatian rioters are Neo Nazis, believe me i know i have been to Croatia i have heard on the radio or Marko Perković aka Thompson Neo Nazi was at the one of these protest sites, where he not wanted the current government to be removed but used anti Serbian slurs statements.

could it be that the pro nazis

are being "incited" by George Soros agendas?

maybe the internet is being used too?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

reply to post by dario86

I don't know if that's true, but I've read a couple of articles pointing the blame of Anti-Serbian rhetoric on Soros and that he has NGOs all working on destroying Serbian culture and traditions. I'll find the articles and post them.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

reply to post by dario86

@ Agent_USA_SupporterI am unfortunately able to confirm that there is an intense national pride, and rampant racism through out Croatia. They are one of the few nations who have a large population that still promote Nazism. Although I would argue that 60% is an overstatement.

Would anyone be able to elaborate on George Soros motives, behind sponsoring such protests. It wouldn't be difficult to be able to obtain control of the Neo Nazi FC Dynamo soccer holigans with minimal rescources allocated to the cause. But what would his goals be if this is the case?

I'd like to add that from the minimal foorage I have seen on these protests and riots, soccer hooligans and neo nazi's appear to be the minority amongst the protestors. The protestors have legitamate grievances with their political system, as it is deeply corrupt.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Soros and Serbia.

I'm a bit doubtful of the legitimacy of the source but here goes:

In Serbia, [Soros] is preparing the ground for Nathaniel Rothschild and is an important creator of the political, legal, economic, cultural and media image of Serbian society. On his way to the achievement of his goals he is seeking to drive out the Serbian Orthodox church, the Serbian language, the Cyrillic alphabet, Serbian history, nationalism...

Today, all the leading NGOs are branch offices of the Rothschilds and are entrusted with not only attaining the greatest political influence possible, but also with the psychological shaping of the nation. By constantly pinning on the Serbian people accusations for genocide, criminal mentality and collective guilt, these phantom organizations aim at creating the feelings of fear and guilt in people. These feelings are supposed to materialize as indifference to a piece of land, to driving Serbs out of their land or, in other words, to colonization. This is also done in the form of liberalism which is supposed to reach metastasis in state institutions, in the family, the nation, tradition, culture, and thus ensure a clear passage for Rothschild empire.

Soros also pushes anti-Semitism, which is then ascribed to the “xenophobic Serbian society”. Those in charge of this are Filip David, Jovan Byford, Laszlo Sekel... Various “incidents”, threatening letters, desecrating of monuments, graffiti are all parts of this plan. We should not disregard the fact that the Open Society Fund supports (both financially and ideologically) the organizations advocating gay rights (Labris, Queeria, Gay Serbia...).

The most active of Soros’s exponents in the political life in Serbia (of course, apart from the “non-governmental” system and G17+) is the coalition gathered around LDP and Cedomir Jovanovic, which was the most expensive of Rothshild’s investments in the latest parliament elections. Together with the guests of the radio show Pescanik (B92 Radio), this anti-Serb group articulates the ideas of Nathaniel Rothshild most brutally and loudly. The Spiritus agens of this virulent group is Latinka Perovic, the founder of modern liberalism in Serbia. Oliver Dulic We should say that Soros spreads his influence through the Democratic Party as well. The best example of this is the election of Oliver Dulic, one of Sonja Liht’s personnel, as president of Serbian Parliament.

So what do you guys think? Legitimate?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Another case of the minority, the young people who take to the streets, trying to effect change with no plan.
Soros and his like are sittin back on the safety of their yachts waiting to rape these countries of anything they got left.
There is no way anyone can argue that 10,000 people make up a majority. There is no proof that a majority supports them, or they would be out in the streets with them from day one, not weeks later and still no sign of them.
When I see someone citing data that eighty something percent supports this or that I just gotta laugh at how bold these high society philanthropists who are really behind all this unrest are, and at how dumb all these people are for following along like rodents being led by the pied piper.
edit on 8-3-2011 by TinfoilTP because: grammar

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

I would pin it as a legitamate theory. What you describe is evident through out Serbia and its populace. It has been contrinualy pinned up as the "bad guy", the traditional Cyrilic alphabet now shares space with the contempary Latin or Latinica alphabet amongst road signs through out the country. But the question is, why Serbia? Is this simply a matter of control? As Serbs are commonly stubborn and relentless. What is the significance that Serbia plays in the George Soros agenda?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
also see these topics on ATS

some good Soros info connecting Google with protests

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the patterns are similar and all money driven.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

I would pin it as a legitamate theory. What you describe is evident through out Serbia and its populace. It has been contrinualy pinned up as the "bad guy", the traditional Cyrilic alphabet now shares space with the contempary Latin or Latinica alphabet amongst road signs through out the country. But the question is, why Serbia? Is this simply a matter of control? As Serbs are commonly stubborn and relentless. What is the significance that Serbia plays in the George Soros agenda?

as Soros and His bosses are wealth driven, its all about natural resource exploits as well as the central bank/currency agendas.

in short: control all the financial resources.

heres a couple of Rothschild links that mention Serbia
(ignore the "Jewish" bashing)

www.dejanlucic.net...

www.realjewnews.com...

edit on 8-3-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thanks for the informative links Buddie my god these elites are the Worst F**Bastards heck they aren't human

What do they mean serbia a colony are they trying exterminate the entire Serbian people?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

as Soros and His bosses are wealth driven, its all about natural resource exploits as well as the central bank/currency agendas.

in short: control all the financial resources.

heres a couple of Rothschild links that mention Serbia
(ignore the "Jewish" bashing)

www.dejanlucic.net...

www.realjewnews.com...

edit on 8-3-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

Serbia already has a privately owned controled central bank and currency, much like the U.S to my knowledge. Haven't their goals already been achieved? There is nothing much left to steal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join