It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Had A Partial Solar Eclipse On March 4th???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hey everybody.

We had a partial solar eclipse on March 4th, did anyone noticed it? A guy on Youtube claims this, and the SOHO images proves he's right!

There was absolutely no solar eclipse planned for March 4th (eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...), the next one being in June.

So I ask you, WHAT THE HELL IS IT?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
for one I am in no way any kinda debunker, and I love the nibiru stuff... that said this guy is waaaaay off his rocker for sure. he used to actually have good videos, but lately is a flipping joke. for one he talks about this eclipse, then immediately segways into something different. two, that thing he's showing around soho, has rediculous polygonal qualities to it (fake). and last but not least, he reminds me ALOT of the fat plutonion from aqua teens.

edit on 6-3-2011 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

That SOHO image does seem sketchy. I think the guy in the video started talking about the 'cell phone towers' and how it was linked to the weather because he believes TPTB were utilizing them to create overcast conditions that would impede the public from seeing the 'unscheduled partial solar eclipse'.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
SDO (not SOHO...) did see a partial eclipse.
sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

But what you have to you have remember is that SDO is in orbit around the Earth.

I'm sure you are all aware how if you see a partial eclipse in Northern Europe, a person in Africa might not see anything. That's because the shadow cast by the moon is relatively small and can only cover a small part of the earth at one time. Northern Europe might be in the shadow of the moon, but Africa might not be.

With SDO, a similiar thing happened. SDO was in the shadow of the moon, but Earth was not.

That's why SDO saw a partial eclipse, but no-one on Earth saw one.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Yes, the cell phone tower comment was a little out there but... If he was serious about not getting cell phone reception near these towers there is something a little strange going on. As for weather modification towers... Its snowing for the 5th day straight here in Alberta and I feel like this is very bizarre for the beginning of March...

Oh, its SDO.. That does explain alot. Moon eclipse on the SDO camera wouldn't be very important for viewers from earth. And here I was hoping it was an alien spaceship *lol*
edit on 6/3/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

for one I am in no way any kinda debunker,
reply to post by wingsfan

You sure have the MO of one.

Say the guy´s crazy, call the evidence fake, post a funny pic to ridicule the messenger, without using argumentation.

Please prove that the SOHO pic is fake, instead of giving your opinion.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacAnkka
SDO (not SOHO...) did see a partial eclipse.
sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

But what you have to you have remember is that SDO is in orbit around the Earth.

I'm sure you are all aware how if you see a partial eclipse in Northern Europe, a person in Africa might not see anything. That's because the shadow cast by the moon is relatively small and can only cover a small part of the earth at one time. Northern Europe might be in the shadow of the moon, but Africa might not be.

With SDO, a similiar thing happened. SDO was in the shadow of the moon, but Earth was not.

That's why SDO saw a partial eclipse, but no-one on Earth saw one.

That pretty much explains it. Thanks for your interpretation!

EDIT: Well, where can I check where the Moon was that day. Was it even close from the Sun?
edit on 6-3-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Here's another video of the lunar transit...

Was rather interesting to watch

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
That pretty much explains it. Thanks for your interpretation!

No problem. Glad to help

EDIT: Well, where can I check where the Moon was that day. Was it even close from the Sun?
edit on 6-3-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

I used stellarium to check if the moon was in the general direction of the sun on that day, and it was. It only gives you the view from the surface of the Earth, though.

If you wanted to see what the sky looked like from the perspective of the SDO, you could try celestia. Unfortunately it's not a very user-friendly program, IMO.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I have not watched the video , due to the negative comments thus far but I will after stating my observations from the East Coast of Australia earlier this week .Many of you are aware of the controversal second Sun/Sundog video posted from China Youtube .On the vary morning those threads started I obsevered the Moon just rising at roughly 4.30am - 4.45am with the Sun in hot pursuit .This is what I believe both parties observed , yes I believe we did experience a eclipse though moderate .Flame me if you like , but I saw what I saw , as I see the sunrise every morning and the Moon go down every night as I only sleep around two hours a night .I am vary familiar with both and my eyes don't lie and niether do I .
edit on 6-3-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
i knew the moon looked odd

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Yes, the Moon "nibbled" the Sun.
helioviewer.org...

new topics

top topics

join