It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Saw I Robot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
My take:

A waste of Excellent special effects.
The robots were incredibly rendered, and you even "felt" for them in some scenes. This could have been a superior movie, except it totally lacked depth.

The Screenplay:
Formula for the Masses. A whodunnit murder, a Semi-rogue cop, with a boss who just doesn't understand him. a Babe with connections to the "inside". Teaming up and Trying to save the day (world).

The movie was only good, not even close to great. I caught my wife staring at her popcorn once.

The sad part is the idea, could have taken us to many places philisophical.
Reality is, that I actually made a second trip to the concession stand, I almost NEVER do that, I'm usually afraid I will miss something.

bummer

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Saw the trailer for it and it reminded me of that robot that killed the family in the animatrix seems like a nice rip off to me but I'll still go and watch it.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i saw it and i really liked it. good story and a reason why we should not invent artificial intelligence for anything.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think you could tell from the previews this wasn't going to be an introspective look at AI (I'd suggest either AI or Bicentennial man for that one)...

It was made to appeal to the masses in a big action/special effects extravaganza, and on that I think it did pretty well...(though I doubt we'll have all of that by 2036...)...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
great film, i loved it

u carnt expect it to be brainy and deep with
will smith and his corny one liners

i would have used sam neil

ok at the end when (whats his name) sommer?
is standing on the hill and all the other robots look at him
what does this meen

are they all free?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I've heard this movie is good. Hopefully, I might be able to watch it tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I just saw the film and thought it was great.
Gazrok is right when he says it is not an in depth look at AI like 'AI' or 'Bi-Centennial Man' though but it does have a few moments where you think about the moral implications of creating an artificial life form.
The action and effects are truly amazing, and the story line is not too bad.
It isn't the most complex, and you will probably work out the outcome or at least have a good idea, but it is just enough to keep you going. I did, a couple of times, find my interest waning slightly but not too badly.

Will Smith is pretty funny in it to, I can't think of a specific joke or moment that sticks out but that's probably more to do with other things on my mind.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor
ok at the end when (whats his name) sommer?
is standing on the hill and all the other robots look at him
what does this meen

are they all free?

'Sonny' I think, dunno quite what the message was at the end.. I half expected it to turn into 'Rise of the Machines' at that point.

top topics

join