It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why arev people so concerned about people being Gay?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I am a Hetro Male and this issue has always baffled me.

Why do people get so riled up over gay people.

It doesnt effect my paycheck
It doesnt effect my lifestyle
It doesnt effect my relationships
It doesnt effect my friendships
It doesnt effect my freedom
It doesnt effect my outlook on life
It doesnt effect my choices
It doesnt effect MY sexuality

I cant really see how they effect my life one way or another............with the sole exception that for every two Gay guys that are togather leaves two women that need Male attention..........lol.

So................what is the problem with them?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Closet homosexuals are afraid of homosexuals.

It's that simple.

Cognitive Dissonance are my words of today.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
well you have the pro-gay crowd saying "we're here, we're queer" then you have the anti-gay crowd saying "you're queer, get smeared" and then you have the neutral crowd that says "who cares if you're queer" and usually most people fall in the middle section: they don't care about the pro or anti crowd they just want to live in peace.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

Interesting thought because Society now 'demands' acceptance of any Gay person and tells us all that we MUST accept this because otherwise if we don't then we will be villified as Homophobic and a hater etc etc etc.......

ATS member, Sherlock Holmes, recently posted about an English Cricketer whom has just announced he is Gay........... So what? does he want a medal? What is the big story or point of this?

I find this whole subject of 'Revealing' or 'Coming Out' a little strange because those concerned want to be treated as a normal person (which is what they are!!) yet by announcing this the fact HIGHLIGHTS that they are not ???

PDUK

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Closet homosexuals are afraid of homosexuals.

It's that simple.

Cognitive Dissonance are my words of today.

"I'm Not afraid of them I'd DECK the lot of them......!!!!"

JOKE JOKE - Homage to Alan Partridge, 1990's.....

If you are British you will get it, If you are American or A.N.other then google Alan Partridge and watch and listen to the Tv and Radio series of comedy programmes.......

PDUK

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Everyone should just go about their own business and not meddle in the affairs of others.

I have no problem with gay people except that some of them feel the need to broadcast the fact, or are so overt in their behaviour that it annoys me.

The Gay Mardi Gras will be on this week in Sydney but we do not have a "Heterosexual Mardi Gras" I am feeling a little left out...not fair

I pretty much am accepting of everyone unless they do something to pee me off.

res

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Because westerners - christians in particular are busybodies .. They want everyone to fit their narrowminded, frightened, primitive view of how to live based on a book of ancient campfire tales.. thus they spread hate and fear over something that 1. Is none of their damn business
2. Is natural for some and has occured as long as humans have walked the planet.
Quite ridiculous as it doesnt matter what a persons preferences are..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

No what baffles me more is how these threads are constantly being created, I swear theres one every day now.

Who really gives a sh*t about this issue anymore. We have heard the same arguments from both sides time and time and time and TIME again. Nobody can ever agree or be civil.

This subject is really boring.

Gays exist, some people don't like them. Heteros exist, some people dont like them.

Next thread.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

That was kinda my point

Why does everyone get their panties in a wad.....if you will pardon the pun.............over the subject, their are so many other issues that are actually important

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Because westerners - christians in particular are busybodies .. They want everyone to fit their narrowminded, frightened, primitive view of how to live based on a book of ancient campfire tales.. thus they spread hate and fear over something that 1. Is none of their damn business
2. Is natural for some and has occured as long as humans have walked the planet.
Quite ridiculous as it doesnt matter what a persons preferences are..

I AM a Christian and while it doesnt fit into my personal beliefs so does a lot of other things that people do that are also none of my business. All of us arent rabid haters of everyone but us. We each have our own path to follow and since I am not without guilt, who am I to cast the first stone......or any of the rest of them for that matter

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Was going by what seen of christians - have had the misfortune many times of encountering christian missionaries who condemn the locals, forcibly change them to do things as westerners do, scare them with the hellfire and brimstone speaches etc while they take everything from food to natural resources from them.. So have bit jaded view of christians due to previous encounters.. Sadly the ones who follow the actual christian teachings are a minority.. As example : back in the late 80s was out on a small island in the pacific where the locals lived much as they always had due to climate all went topless (men and women) and teens went to live together in one hut where they learned about / practiced sex . Some christian missionaries showed up - among the first things they did were make the women wear brassiers and tops western clothing is extremely uncomfortable in tropical climates ended up treating several for heat injuries and 3 died from heat injuries due to it .. They forced the teens out of their hut and torched the hut along with made life a living hell for two who were gay.. also ended up with an outbreak of chickenpox which up till then had never happened there.. Not meant to offend anyone but base my comments upon experience and observation.. Apologies long post and sidetracking your thread a bit..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i think the majority of us could not care less.
it is that small minority that just speaks with a bigger stick and draws enough attention that they seem to be bigger and more powerful./

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
In my opinion, I don't care if someone is hetero homo or bi. It doesn't affect me like OP said. I think it matters more to the gays that want to make it an issue. I know we've all met that one gay male that makes it an issue for everyone to know he is gay, and also make it out to seem everyone hates him for it. There was a guy I worked with that was gay. I had no problems with him, talked friendly to him, all that stuff. Then one day he went to another coworked tellin her that I was discriminating against him. For what I still have no idea. I assume it was because I didn't hate or treat him different than anyone else. Its the guys like that ruin it for the rest.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I tend to agree with this. Most people I know dont really have a problem with Gays

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Why are you so concerned about people being gay, and why did you feel compelled to make a thread about it? Will not this thread only heighten the "concern"?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I really don't care. The only thing that concerns me is either gay people of homo activists demand that churches should sanction their union as though their scriptures do not call it a sin. I don't see why they want to follow a religion knowing that their lifestyles are condemned by the scriptures the religion follows.
edit on 22-3-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It's the same reason that people were so concerned with women, and black people, and irish, and jews, and every other group that has ever been discriminated against.

Fear of the unknown, and ignorance.

If it's different, it must be bad.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Why are you so concerned about people being gay, and why did you feel compelled to make a thread about it? Will not this thread only heighten the "concern"?

Your joking right?

The thread isnt about my concern for gays its about my puzzlement as to why so many people are so concerned about something that has zero impact on their lives

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You know what?

I've realized that in order for people to not care about something, especially things that mean nothing like sexuality, apparently, you have to continually talk and debate and yell and jump and scream, until everybody is red in the face.

And only when everybody finally has heard enough, and they just shut up, do people stop caring. People on both sides of this argument just need to shut up already.

The real problem though, is the economics. Lot's of people make making lots of money on both sides. It's also that the majority of people, those who don't care, aren't represented in the two groups who oppose each other.

We see it all the time in politics. The left yells at the right and the right at the left. They never actually stop to listen to what each other are saying, much less the people like you and me caught in the middle.

I do agree with the OP that sexuality is meaningless in the grand scheme of things and imo there are far more pressing issues that society needs to attend to than gays. And everybody agrees on that.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 3/22/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join