It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracked Mayan Code May Point to 8 Tons of Lost Treasure: (Dresden Codex)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Buried beneath a lake in Guatamala sits a fortune in lost treasure -- Mayan gold to be precise -- and a group of German archaeologists has just set off to find it. Their only guidance, a freshly decoded ancient book containing a map to the treasure.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2bdc4063a530.jpg[/atsimg]

It sounds like a movie, but it's very much real, reported FoxNewsLatino. Joachim Rittsteig, an expert in Mayan writing who is heading up the mission to Guatemala's Lake Izabal, the site reported. Rittsteig claims to have cracked the famous Dresden Codex, a pre-Columbian Maya book possibly from the 11th century, and discovered in its pages specific information that leads to a treasure in the lake.

"The Dresden Codex leads to a giant treasure of eight tons of pure gold," said Rittsteig, who has spent more than 40 years studying the document. According to the German newspaper Bild, which is sponsoring the expedition, two reporters from the publication, a photographer, a television camera, and a professional diver will visit Izabal in an attempt to find the gold.

The treasure sank, along with the city, into the waters of Lake Izabal, located in eastern Guatemala. But the German academic claims to have found the remains thanks to radar images taken in the area. Rittsteig calculates that "just the gold in the tablets is estimated to be currently worth up to 211 million euros (290 million dollars).
"

"Page 52 talks about the Maya capital of Atlan, which was ruined by an earthquake on October 30th in the year 666 BC," he said. "In this city, they kept 2,156 gold tablets on which the Maya recorded their laws."

Source: www.foxnews.com...#
Link to Lation Story verision: latino.foxnews.com...#

The Dresden Codex, drafted in the year 1250 AD by Mayan priests, is one of the four major documents that remain from that culture. It has been housed by the Saxon State Library in East Germany for the last 272 years. The code was discovered in 1739 in the possession of a wealthy man in Vienna, though no one knows how he got a hold of it. He then donated it to the Dresden Library, where it is kept under bullet-proof glass in a room with other treasured documents. The Dresden Codex contains much of what is known of Mayan Culture, including their understanding of astrology, medicine and even the end of the world. In the last chapter, the codex describes the coming apocalypse, which it says will take place on December 12th, 2012.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just love this stuff. I hope they find every bit of it too! Wish I was going. (Notice the small crew in attendance-less bodies to get rid-it the need arises).

I will be keeping an eye open for this one for sure. Anyone ever heard of this one before>?

More on the Dresden Codex:
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3/2/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/2/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

Maybe you can get off your high horse and find some yourself?

I like Fox news. It's one of the most best. Which would you recommend?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Well actually, a couldn't find any links other than FOX NEWS which is ENTERTAINMENT

Thats why I asked you.

oh, and I don't recommend one single News Source, but instead choose to compare and contrast news stories for a balanced point of view.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

Dude, you are a little late on telling me how to do a thread.

Do some yourself and come back and chat.

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Well, actually, anon72, YOU are a little late on the thread.

This exact same thread with the same copy and paste job was done last night.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Unless, of course, YOU are Mr. Skepticc ?

He also Cited FOX NEWS.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

Perhaps you would like to ask Joachim Rittstieg, the leader and of a bit of a nut on finding Atlantis about this. Here is his web site: LINK. On his web site he discusses the golden tablets.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

On an identical thread BLACKMARKETEER said this

The stories based on a German newspaper account which is based on the "work" of Joachim Rittstieg, who also writes about Atlantis. He's a mathematician and the team of "scientists" in the article is basically him and his team. I don't know what his reputation is, whether he's considered a crackpot or not, but the fact that he writes about Atlantis (his theory being that "Atlan" = "Asgard") tends to indicate his brand of science falls well outside the mainstream. I don't know enough about this individual to say he's a legit peer-reviewed researcher with credibility or he's another crackpot with his own interpretations seeking treasure. I can't find ANY papers written by this guy, other than his book "ABC der Maya" (which doesn't prove much).

I guess if he finds something then we'll know he's the real deal, if not, oh well.

Thats much more well said

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yeah Fox News is about as reliable as the National Enquirer, although I would still expect the Enquirer to be more "fair and balanced." And even they would probably know better than to hire a lunatic like Glenn Beck

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
No reply to my awesomeness?

How about a lesson in civility and decorum?

You mentioned that you don't like FOX, which is a common opinion on ATS. Now move on. This poster is an experienced member of ATS and does not deserve to be harrassed until he agrees with you. The whole varying viewpoint and opinions thing is kind of what makes ATS work.

Sorry for the off topic post.
But comments like these are what drove away a lot of good members.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Here is a link to a newspaper in Guatemala with the same info from the german Bild.

LINK in spanish

Also there is this:
They say that with the radar they can see the layout of the city. "In the ruins of the city you can see clearly the stone sarcofagus in which the 2156 gold tablets could be found. Our data gives us a location error of 10cm."

Pretty exciting!

Cheers
Jechu

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What the heck happened to this thread? There is nothing wrong with Fox News. Glenn Beck worked at CNN before Fox lured him away. I don't see you bashing CNN for having a lunatic like Beck.

To the OP, good thread S&F I enjoyed it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

Well, it happens.

Mods Alerted. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Great post. S&F

I love threads about treasure, real or not. I truly hope they find something and not just the gold. I'd like to know more about their prophecies. Many other sites say the Mayans said the end would come on the 21st. This one says the 12th; my birthday. Maybe I'll have fireworks after all.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

We should all bash CNN for hosting a maniac like Nancy Grace!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thread closed.

Topic was posted much earlier
www.abovetopsecret.com...

join