It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange "Jewish Conspiracy" comments spark row

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Julian Assange "Jewish Conspiracy" comments spark row

www.guardian.co.uk

Julian Assange has blamed a number of journalists for a "Jewish" conspiracy against his whistleblowing website, WikiLeaks, according to the editor of Private Eye, Ian Hislop.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The idea of a "Jewish Conspiracy", "Jewish Media Control" and similar plots remains a highly debated and controversial issue among mainstream and non-mainstream journalists. Assanges allegations of Jewish Conspiracy, followed by a quick retraction provides a lot of fodder for the usual anti-semitic tirade. After Oliver Stone came out with the "Jewish Conspiracy" a few months ago Assange is the next prominent figure to do so. I thought this article is of particular interest to ATS because we debate the topic here every day.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Getting tired of religious fear mongering. When are we going to wake up and see that this is the real problem in the world.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Add Money to that Equation.
Money + Religion equates to 99.9% of the the world's misery & problems.
The rest 0.1% would probably be a direct connection to them anyways.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Seems to me that the media exploitation has had a reverse-affect on the public's perception of this guy (many more now love him than think he's done a bad thing)

Now going to play the anti-semite card which, in many people's eyes, automatically discredits him and paints him as "one of them thar terrorist nazis
edit on 2-3-2011 by TXRabbit because: spelling

edit on 2-3-2011 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by letmeDANz

*sigh* If only everyone was this clear-headed. *fist bump*

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by letmeDANz

You forgot politics friend

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Julian Assange takes orders from Zionist, and he blames Jews?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
HAH! so 911 is a foolish conspiracy, but the jews are out to get us?

should change the name to wikifails...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Just sounds like another front to assassinate his credibility... shoot the messenger.

I don't believe it for a second, just like the 'rape' charges... can't people see through this crap? :shk:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Wow, you just fell right in to what they wanted you to believe.

Good for you.

Assange denied the allegations in a statement , saying: "Hislop has distorted, invented or misremembered almost every significant claim and phrase. In particular, 'Jewish conspiracy' is completely false, in spirit and in word.

edit on 3/2/2011 by kroms33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm not convinced that much weight can be placed on this article...

Julian Assange has blamed a number of journalists for a "Jewish" conspiracy against his whistleblowing website, WikiLeaks, according to the editor of Private Eye, Ian Hislop.

In the latest issue of the satirical magazine, Hislop writes that Assange called him on 16 February to complain about an article on Israel Shamir, a WikiLeaks associate in Russia who has denied the Holocaust and has published a string of antisemitic articles.

The article, in fact, is somewhat confusing.

This is a journalist writing that the editor of a different satirical magazine claims to have had a conversation with Julian Assange where he complains about an article on a third journalist of yet another publication.

This third journalist is claimed to be a Wikileaks associate and to have "denied the Holocaust and has published a string of antisemitic articles".

Here is the title of Private Eye's article (the best I could do without subscribing):

"- ASSANGE’S MOSCOW MULE
Meet the anti-semitic, KGB cheerleader with six names who has been representing WikiLeaks in Russia."

Source

I'm not exactly sure what it means to "represent" or be an "associate" of Wikileaks... is Mr. Shamir on Wikileaks' payroll, or has he simply supported them in the past?

Anyhow, it seems like questionable journalism to me, and I take it all with a grain of salt.

the Billmeister

p.s.
Does anyone else find it ironic that the name of the accused "anti-semitic" journalist is Israel Shamir?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

I dont actually understand the article either...but it has already made its way to all the other usual news venues.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister
p.s.
Does anyone else find it ironic that the name of the accused "anti-semitic" journalist is Israel Shamir?

Not in the least.

In fact, every single thrust of the MSM on this topic has been one seemingly designed to evoke a particular response in it's audience.

I'm afraid that many will dislike the assertion, but I see too much distortion and purposeful manipulation of facts in this case to attribute any kind of certainty to anything we are being told. Especially by those reporters and agencies whom we know are 'devoted' in one way or another to something besides 'journalism' (which could be construed to say "all of them")

You may hate what you understand he's done, you may applaud what you understand he has done.... but int he end... it is only your "understanding" of what he has done, and we can't be certain that said understanding is either entirely accurate or to some degree - tainted by the continuous stream of data the MSM spews at us.

As for the Jewish Conspiracy angle.... isn't that precisely the kind of assertion that can be counted upon to create a particular sentiment in readers who hardly ever go beyond the headlines?... you know.... like politicians and the elite?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

i still think they should change their name

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It sort of reminds me of the old LBJ School of Driving Public Opinion About Your Opponents. Accuse someone of having carnal relations with their livestock. Once it's out there, it's in the minds, and you force your opponent to deny it.

Is that what's happening in this situation? I have no idea, but it's possible. The guy is definitely a target and has made some very big, powerful enemies.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Maybe the biggest conspiracy of all is how the idea of "someone said something about a jew" is now sorta like "there's a predator after us" as spoken by the herd.

Everyone runs and scatters, that's for sure, then they think later.

bleh

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It goes back to at least, "Hannibal ad portas" and likely prior to that. And if I may be permitted to throw some Ecclesiastes in there, "there's nothing new under the sun".

The sad thing is, we keep falling for it.

In this situation, I'm still not sure if it's a misquote, complete falsehood, or accurate representation. The Information Age is great. We have access to more information faster than at any time in history. The downside is, a significant percentage of it is flat wrong. Frequently, the more information you have, the less you know. Certainly, the less certain you can be about what you think you know. Don't think there aren't large, powerful groups who use that to their every advantage. Who's got time to vet everything? I'm sure not seeing the "news media" filling that role.

We're on our own, which is why it may be more important than ever we use every opportunity to be collaborative rather than adversarial with each other when analyzing the information we discuss. That's a big reason why we're so adamant about civility, if you think about it.

And climbing off soapbox.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 3/2/2011 by yeahright because: Typo

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Sounds like somebody trying to do to Assange and Wikileaks exactly what HBGary recommended - get half-truths and distorted facts out there to discredit them.

Assange denied the allegations in a statement , saying: "Hislop has distorted, invented or misremembered almost every significant claim and phrase. In particular, 'Jewish conspiracy' is completely false, in spirit and in word.

"It is serious and upsetting. Rather than correct a smear, Mr Hislop has attempted, perhaps not surprisingly, to justify one smear with another in the same direction.

I'm putting this one in the dis-information column. IMH(f)O anyway.

new topics

top topics

join