It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about infrared ufo filming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Up until yesterday I had a sony nightshot camcorder that I was going to use to film different areas of the sky, I was just waiting until I ordered my infrared lens. Well to make a stupid story short, I accidently broke it. Im not mad, it got it rather cheaply, but now Im back on square one.

Does anyone have any camera/camcorder suggestions? It has to be infrared, and for some reason Im having a little trouble trying to find one. My price range at the moment is no more than $1000 but you can throw out some of the more expensive options, will give me something to look at for the future.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by strawberry91

www.ehow.com...
How to convert most camcorders to near infared.

I've always wondered if someone has done this and tried night sky watching with it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by strawberry91

Have you already pulled the lens filter out yet? If not, definitely take pictures of the dismantle, especially the simple things like just seperating components.
Don't do as I've done- twice- I'm very mechanically inclined and I don't need no 'stinkin' instructions but I haven't put one together yet cause I'm still waiting for my third camera to arrive in the mail..

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Perhaps you could clarify what you mean by "infrared".

Do you want a camera that has been modified by removing the NIR blocking filter so that it is sensitive to visible and near infrared light (390 to 750 nm) or are you talking about a camera that has a NIR bandpass filter added so that it rejects visible light (700 nm– approx 1200 nm) or something narrower at a specific part of the band? Are you looking for NIR filtering that matches the atmospheric absorption spectra? Are you wanting your camera to be able to switch between modes? Do you want a camera that is sensitive to the thermal part of the infrared spectrum (approx 7.5-14um)? Are you talking about image intensifier technology or digital night vision or controlled exposure time technology?

In the mean time here are some of the related threads here on ATS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here is an excellent thread discussing one of the most famous UFO videos captured by a G3 night vision image intensifier. It has some really good technical information about imaging UFOs in different parts of the spectrum.
Night Vision UFO's Clear footage

Cheers,
D.
edit on 2-3-2011 by dainoyfb because: for typos

top topics

join