It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian doctors paid millions to keep quiet about cancer patients dying on waiting list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Minister to investigate cancer coverup claim: Alberta MLA alleges 250 died on waiting list

www.calgaryherald.com...
March 1, 2011 4:02 AM

Alberta [Canada] Health Minister Gene Zwozdesky says he will investigate claims from maverick MLA Dr. Raj Sherman that provincial doctors were paid millions of dollars to keep quiet about hundreds of cancer patients dying on a waiting list.

Sherman told the legislature on Monday he has been informed that 250 Albertans died -many from lung cancer -while they waited for lung surgery in a queue of 1,200 people.

"It has been brought to my attention that due to fierce competition for finite operating time between surgeons, (of) about 1,200 Albertans on a wait list for lung surgery, 250 died waiting on that list, many with lung cancer," Sherman, a part-time emergency room physician, said in question period.

So if you think the Canadian health care system is corrupt, ask yourself if the Obama health care system (privatized) is a similar situation with under the table payouts to keep doctors silent in order to keep health care costs down. Political madness, or just bad business?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Excuse me while i go throw up...

I live i Canada and i have to say there are some of the worst drs i have ever come across, for those who think that they are there to heal nd create less suffering you can knock that out of your head....it is a business, BIG business and they want what every one else wants...money!..... drs treat symptoms not illnesses, its not in thier best interest to heal you or make you better, they push drugs that they get kick backs from the pharmaceutical companies, they feel they deserve the money for all the years of schooling....heres a test...go in and say you are feeling sad and cant sleep (a very common feeling in us all living in a world of turmoil) and lets just see what anti-deppressant you are given...hmm zoloft, paxil, efexor they do fall under other names..i use to get free samples from my dr then he said he couldnt do it any more but the withdrawls were sooooo bad that i had no choice but to continue to by these very expensive pills that cause me more harm that good.

Stop putting these people on pededstals and open your eyes to the corruption of drs, they get into for the pay out not cause they want to help people and if they do get into it cause of that then it is sure knocked out of them by the time it comes to practicing...(funny that u "practice"medicine, cause deep down they really dont know whats goin on)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Somewhat weird. Because in Quebec province, if the waiting list gets too long, people can get surgery (paid by Régie de l'assurance-maladie du Québec if life treathening) outside the province. It's less expensive that way, compared to the scandal of letting people die or pay others to keep quiet..

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I dont believe it either.....a doctor paid millions to cover up a patient dying that was on a cancer waiting list???

Oh really....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gmac10001

You're throwing every doctors in the same basket. If you knew how many people ask for a quick fix instead of changing some habits. And about the pills, you always have the choice to refuse.

BTW, each province has its own set of rules concerning healthcare.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
dying on the "waiting list"? so they died while there were no lung replacements or there wasn't enough money? and doctors were paid to keep quiet about it? uhh...why? people die on the waiting list all the time.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Raj Sherman is a hero to many of the little folk here in Alberta. He fights hard and doesnt pull punches when criticizing the state of the ER and health care in general in Alberta. This is the first I've heard of this. I'm guessing I won't hear any of this story on the CBC radio today. Just a hunch, we'll see.

Just heard the story on the CBC a little bit.
edit on 1-3-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Great Day
I dont believe it either.....a doctor paid millions to cover up a patient dying that was on a cancer waiting list???

Oh really....

Is it really that outlandish of an idea? Come now. CHeck out the story of Dr Shiv Chopra who worked for health Canada for some 30+ years but lost his job for disobedience after not taking the $1 million dollar bribe from Monsanto to approve their bovine growth hormone for use here. I ask you again sir/ma'am, is it REALLY that outlandish of an idea? I mean I know conspiracies are hard to believe, but surely this cannot be completely outside the realm of possibility.
edit on 1-3-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2011 by dl2one because: spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dl2one
Raj Sherman is a hero to many of the little folk here in Alberta. He fights hard and doesnt pull punches when criticizing the state of the ER and health care in general in Alberta. This is the first I've heard of this. I'm guessing I won't hear any of this story on the CBC radio today. Just a hunch, we'll see.

So can you tell us your first hand experience with health care, specifically those that you have know that are dying on a waiting list and doctors getting paid millions to cover it up?

Not to be challenging, but i as a fellow Canadian i find this hard to swallow. Yes there are some hurdles to overcome in free health care.....but prove this op as truth please because i have heard nothing like this.

If there is truth to this op....set it free.
edit on 1-3-2011 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

My mother in law underwent pancreatic surgery because doctors deemed that was the cause of her pain. Well after the surgery the pain did not subside. I don't need to get into detail but the doctor had to get to his ass to his vacation before approving the surgery. Well it turned out she had cancer in her liver, spine, lungs and ribs i believe.Time and time again I've heard many stories from people that lost loved ones to cancer when they weren't given the big picture, details left out before surgery etc.

BOttom line is Dr's are human. Some are altruistic, some are not.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Apparently Dr Sherman says he will have proof come Monday. I can't wait, does that make me old? Either way I wanna see what unfolds. Something tells me Monsanto will get fingered, j/k. I heard a bit of his interview on CBC radio today, and I must say I wish I could remember who the host was, he was a jerk. His tone of voice was like he was interviewing Alex Jones, not a respected ER Dr, regardless of his outlandish allegations give him some respect.

new topics

top topics

join