It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Group Launches Scholarship For White Males Only

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by celimonster

United Negro College Fund.

That was easy.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I see your point, but like I said student loans and/or grants are for typically all students, depending on the school.
The FAFSA is available thru out the United States, for EVERY ONE. Male or female, African American, Hispanic, Caucasians, Asians, etc. I mean everyone.
Other grants are available for minorities, if you still need the extra help.

Of course the government would want us to expand our minds. We might figure out how do things for ourselves without depending on them to do it for us.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Im pretty positive many people oppose this fund.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think the scholarship is a good idea. There are many white folks who are extremely poor and disadvantaged. They should also have a chance. But beyond that, I have to say is there is nothing as depressing as talking about racism with white people. Which sucks, because I'm white so they always assume I'm in their little club.

I will summarize: 1. There's no such thing as racism, except 2. against white people. Further, any claim of racism from a person of color must be backed up by impeccable evidence, whereas the amount of evidence required for a white person claiming racism is zero. Also, people who complain about racism are lying or cheating in some way, unless they are white.

Right? Yeah. Whatever. Over it. So over it. Can't you tell how over it I am by how tightly I'm gripping the keyboard?

edit on 27-4-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button likes my hair this way

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by celimonster

I see your point, but like I said student loans and/or grants are for typically all students, depending on the school.
The FAFSA is available thru out the United States, for EVERY ONE. Male or female, African American, Hispanic, Caucasians, Asians, etc. I mean everyone.

Of course the government would want us to expand our minds. We might figure out how do things for ourselves without depending on them to do it for us.

If you believe this last piece to be true, look up Charlotte Iserbyte. Read what she has to say, coming from a former cabinet level position in charge of education under Reagan. You might change your thinking.

Combine that with what we have seen in school. Students are taught to memorize facts, laws, and formulas. The logic behind it all is left untaught. So, if you forget the formula, you are screwed. If you forget the law, you have no way of working through it with logic.

We are not taught how to think, we are taught what to think. This is a key difference. One gives you true knowledge and intellect. The other is just a caricature of intellect.

Thus, we all sit in this handbasket together. On our way to hell. Not even smart enough to really see it, collectively.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Before i say this, let me clarify that I am considered by many to be libertarian. As such, I really don't think that the government should fund education, or create curriculum. Curriculum should be decided at the local level, preferrably including best practices gathered from wherever the local arms can reach.

However, if the government is to be involved, they should do it thusly:

- Early in your childhood you are tested. Not like the modern tests showing your ability to memorize. But rather logic tests, taking into account the theory of multiple intelligences. Early on it should be determined what your strengths are, and they should be enhanced. Your weaknesses should be mitigated. The "Jump" method of teaching should be employed from day 1, with true process analysis put on teaching methods AND learning methods (we currently completely ignore the side of teaching our students how to learn, although untold millions are spent teaching teachers how to teach. major failure).

- As the career progresses, each child has a customized lesson plan approach applied to continue to nurture and challenge strengths, while mitigating weakness. Students will be placed in groups/classes that more closely fit expected skill sets. Since the government is known to make planned releases of technology, they know best what skills will be needed 15 years down the road...perhaps some success could be seen by having some input, at the very least, from groups like DARPA (if our tyrannical masters must continue to hoard their technology from us).

- As the child enters adolescence (maybe 7th-8th grade), they will have some specialization continued by enhancing skills that are strengths. Never abandoning a perceived weakness, the curriculum will remain balanced. But in this way you can find mathemeticians and push them into ever increasing capability, with the same said for other fields.

- before graduation, testing can be conducted to identify possible future careers based on the education recieved throughout their career. If they choose a college major that is in line with recommended career paths in the graduation testing, they will recieve funding to attend. If they would rather chase their dreams, despite the advice of the testing, then they can still seek loans, etc. Maintaining freedom of choice is critical to a free society. However, from the governmental perspective, this is an investment in America's future. It is "putting our aces in their places", so to speak.

Bear in mind, not all people will have aptitudes that allow for college. And many would still drop out (at which point all funding is pulled, and you have to seek your own funding via loans or private pay). Some kids may be deemed excellent at art, and thus choose auto body repair at a vocational school. While others may choose to just party and work as a waitress.

The point is, if the government is to be in the business of funding education, they should be doing it with the purpose of not only making a fulfilling life for Americans, but also ensuring that America is always competitive, and able to maximize the available technologies as they become available.

What we instead have is a nation of in the box thinkers. Where is the inspiration in that?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by celimonster

Like who?
If you oppose it, and are not of African decent, then you are labeled a racist.

If there is a special thing for some, then it has to be for all, in regards to Govt funded projects and programs.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have had the idea for a long time for similar programs for the advancement of the white race. I'm proud someone has stepped up and got something like this started. Race will never be a "non-issue", especially with things like affirmative action, NAACP, BET, anti-discrimination laws etc. and the fact that we humans tend to naturally segregate ourselves. Minorities have so many opportunities and programs from the government that are not available to the white race. This may be the reason that so many doctors, engineers, scientists etc. are minorities. There are incentives and help from the government that allow them leave their third world country, come here and get an education. Minority business owners are also allowed extra tax breaks. I think this is the case because we want to be politically correct and be seen as anti-discriminatory and as far away from "racist" as possible. Really, there should be NO special treatment due to race, but if all these minorities get there exclusive organizations and government help then there should be organizations and programs that are devoted to the white race only with out minorities "crying racist". I am all for these things, but violent hate groups tend to stigmatize white only organizations. Do not be ashamed to declare that you are proud to be white! Only someone ignorant would deem that white pride or white only organizations are racist.
edit on 11-5-2011 by DarkOrchid because: spelling

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by celimonster

This is true. Anybody can go to school to at least get an AAOT. FAFSA is colorblind. Scholarships, on the other hand, can do whatever they want because it's their money.

As long as you can live minimally, you can go to school full-time on loans and basic subsidy grants, regardless of ethnicity or gender. It's rough and you'll be paying for school the rest of your life, but that's probably why educated people get so pissed when they are dismissed as "privileged".

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
If there is one for every other race, how could a white one be racist?

By definition wouldn't that mean things like all black schools and scholarships equally as racist?

Seems like common sense to me.

Don't know why there is even a debate about it.

Let them all give money to the race they choose, as that's what Asian and black people do and what these white people are trying to do, so either it's all good or all illegal.

Can't pick and choose.
edit on 16-6-2011 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join