It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is The Page Index Only At The Top?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Just curious as to why the page index is only at the top on the "recent post" page and NOT the bottom.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f0761676150.jpg[/atsimg]

When you reach the bottom it would be a (IMHO) a much smoother browsing experience to have the next pages in sequence as an option at the bottom as well.

Once you are in a thread however, the page index IS on the bottom AND at the top. Just an odd thing to note being a web designer.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87770d18932a.jpg[/atsimg]

If your gonna flame me, now would be your chance, I just doused my self in kerosene.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
it is at both the top an bottom of a page..

kx

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
it is at both the top an bottom of a page..

kx

It's not on the bottom of the "recent posts" page. Or is my computer not rendering that?!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61de39763538.jpg[/atsimg]

Weird..

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The index to click to the next page in a thread is at the top and bottom of the screen, for me.
Using Firefox...

ETA: Ah, your screen shot indicates that you aren't in a thread. Perhaps that index is only top/bottom within the threads and not the forums...

edit on 28-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
The index to click to the next page in a thread is at the top and bottom of the screen, for me.
Using Firefox...

ETA: Ah, your screen shot indicates that you aren't in a thread. Perhaps that index is only top/bottom within the threads and not the forums...

Yup..In threads, I see it at the top and bottom, but not on the "recent post" page.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
ETA: Disregard. You are correct, the index is not there. Doh...

Sorry, I was editing. I also have the index on pages like Recent Posts, as well. It's very tiny, right in the middle of the screen, at the bottom.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by cluckerspud

Sorry, I was editing. I also have the index on pages like Recent Posts, as well. It's very tiny, right in the middle of the screen, at the bottom.

No worries. Weird. I wonder if the Chemtrails are hiding it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I too have also wondered that. A a result I never click on the second page of recent posts and surf elsewhere if nothing on the first page grabs my attention.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Same here, I'm a lazy cluck.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I ask myself every single time I reach the both of the Resent posts page! It would be a nice addition.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Good idea
It would be great to have the pages at the bottom too. Too much scrolling back to the top otherwise, which means I hardly ever get to page 2
What would be nice too is to be able to choose to see a longer list of threads on page 1..kinda like when you shop online (show 50, show 100). It's getting harder and harder to find something you glimpsed for a second on the Recent Posts page anymore.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Good idea
It would be great to have the pages at the bottom too. Too much scrolling back to the top otherwise, which means I hardly ever get to page 2
What would be nice too is to be able to choose to see a longer list of threads on page 1..kinda like when you shop online (show 50, show 100). It's getting harder and harder to find something you glimpsed for a second on the Recent Posts page anymore.

Not a bad idea as well.

join