It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Republican Budget Cuts Will Destroy 700,000 Jobs"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
These are not left wing analysts but conservative economists

www.dailykos.com...

Pass it on. People need to know that the Republicans are continuing their attempts to bring this nation to its knees economically. First, they caused the Great Recession. Second, they opposed all of President Obama's attempts to prevent the Great Recession from turning into the Second Great Depression. Now they seek to destroy the weak but growing recovery.

elections.firedoglake.com...

The House Republicans’ proposed cuts are part of a war on jobs, and today, fresh on the heels of the analysis by Goldman Sachs, we have another independent economic analysis (PDF) to verify it. According to Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody’s Analytics, the specific cuts pursued by the GOP would result in 700,000 fewer jobs. From Washington Post

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Would it do any good to debate figures of such a post?
no..

Cutting 700,000 government funded jobs?
and this is a bad thing?

smaller govt? Good!
Govt doesn't produce anything
SORRY: CUT-EM AWAY.

"tough love" is now on the menu."kos" kids..
edit on 28-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Are these government jobs? Eventually this will need to happen I rekon since the country is broke and in debt into its eyeballs.

This is just my view from an Economic standpoint. Of course ending the wars might help pay these people, but that doesn't look like its happening anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If the unemployment numbers do not improve Obama doesn't have a chance in 2012. Perhaps this is a ploy by the republicans to add to the economic misery in order to gain politically.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Would it do any good to debate figures of such a post?
no..

Cutting 700,000 government funded jobs?
and this is a bad thing?

smaller govt? Good!
Govt doesn't produce anything
SORRY: CUT-EM AWAY.

"tough love" is now on the menu."kos" kids..

Wow. And you will be the one offering to hire them? Or me, for that matter? Or all the uncounted unemployed we already have? Yeah, taking jobs away is a GREAT solution in an economy where there are no jobs to be had.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I hope you find another job. This big government is unsustainable especially with the economy going down the # tubes. As he said government jobs that are payed with taxpayer money really aren't contributing anything to the economy.
edit on 28-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'll see you 700,000 jobs and raise you another 1,000,000 jobs. Think I am bluffing? Ha

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by Amaterasu

I hope you find another job. This big government is unsustainable especially with the economy going down the # tubes. As he said government jobs that are payed with taxpayer money really aren't contributing anything to the economy.

Thanks for getting "it"; my first impulse was to bite (fish on !) and do the left/right thing but really theres no defending much of anything either side does. blaming one party is ridiculous..( need I remind you the dems have the potus and the senate and had the house for two years.

Instead of" republican cuts cost 700,000 jobs" why wasn't it titled "Democratic spending drains funds from 700,000 positions"?
Play the game if you want but

Nobody: not Dems,not libertarians not Republicans wants anybody's kids to go hungry. But if the government can remove700,000 jobs by adjusting the budget you gotta wonder if those 700,000 positions are necessary to the function of the country? and where does the money come from to pay for them? The govts job is not to: "employ folks" "we Americans grew the government during different economic times when growth and credit was considered "unstoppable" home prices "never ever went down"...

like a few good years where the rabbit population spikes eventually the coyotes follow and the things balance again. We will wean state and federal jobs to more sustainable levels.and not rehire those positions sorry you/"we" got caught in the turning of history.

Hopefully we can all contribute a bit supporting local small businesses and Local food banks; the economic seasons are turning and ("lucky us") we are around for the shakeout..Or we kick the can down the street and our kids get to eat it. I doubt my daughters will want to have kids at this point;

I grabbed my roll around tool box and left a "high"paying hourly job in a global corporate manufacturing plant a few years ago here to stay home to square away a family problem. it has since resolved.Like many others here;That plant is no longer in production, I'm older and with few choices I am working on building a sole proprietorship. With a break in employment and age I may never get the chance to go back full time for someone else again.
cheers and good luck to us all

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The people going for the fantasy, delusion and GOP lies of “ big government” is bad are very unintelligent.

It is a scam by the conservatives to deny middle class and minorites a middle class life style.

Do you know that in Germany they don’t end unemployment insurance?
They take care of their citizens unlike the immoral and inhuman system we have over here thanks to the Republican Party, and I might add also at times the Democrats caving in to their inhuman philosophy.

For your information to all those who are being deceived that the budget deficit is so vital to deal with now in the middle of a recession . . . by any economic measure this is the wrong thing to do. This is so because, if you would have read any of the links to educate yourself, of course the Republicans rely on your ignorance, you would have read that this budget cutting will affect the macro economic growth in a very negative way.

I am amazed also at those people who think they are above: the left/ right thing, the new pet peeve of the deceived ones who are deluded that there is no true struggle of the middle class in America TO SURVIVE!

Ask those who no longer are employed in this country because it is the GOP who primarily assists in sending jobs overseas, and also cutting services by massive layoffs in public sector jobs that are sitting home, and if the Democrats were in power would still be working.
Ask them whether there is a left right paradigm or whether it is legitimate.

Bottom line you’re not as smart as you think!

There is a left right paradigm that has a reality, and until we understand this we will never really get to transcend it to ever understand the bigger picture that you claim to understand now.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

No, this is the "Job Killing" that NEITHER PARTY will address.

blacklistednews.com... orld-Levels-/12864/0/13/13/Y/M.html

From now on, whenever you hear the term “the global economy” you should immediately equate it with the destruction of the U.S. middle class. Over the past several decades, the American economy has been slowly but surely merged into the emerging one world economic system. Unfortunately for the middle class, much of the rest of the world does not have the same minimum wage laws and worker protections that we do. Therefore, the massive global corporations that now dominate our economy are able to pay workers in other countries slave labor wages and import the products that they make into the United States to compete with products made by “expensive” American workers. This has resulted in a mass exodus of manufacturing facilities and jobs from the United States.

But without good, high paying jobs the U.S. middle class cannot continue to be the U.S middle class.

To Continue:

American workers now must directly compete for jobs with millions upon millions of workers on the other side of the world that toil away for 15 hours a day at slave labor wages. This is causing jobs to leave the United States at an almost unbelievable rate, and it is putting tremendous downward pressure on the wages of millions of jobs that are still in the United States.

What makes things even worse for manufacturers in the United States is that other nations often impose a “value-added tax” of 20 percent or more on U.S. goods entering their shores and yet most of the time we do not reciprocate with similar taxes. But whenever someone mentions how incredibly unfair and unbalanced our trade agreements with other nations are, they are immediately labeled as a “protectionist”

Well, someone should be looking out for U.S. interests when it comes to trade, because the current state of the global economy is ripping the U.S. middle class to shreds.

We cannot allow tens of thousands of factories to continue to leave the United States. We cannot allow millions of jobs to continue to be “outsourced” and “offshored”. We cannot allow tens of billions of dollars of our national wealth to continue to be transferred into foreign hands every single month.
The truth is that the global economy is bad for America. The following are 23 facts which prove that globalism is pushing the standard of living of the middle class down to third world levels….

edit on 28-2-2011 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

This will kill the jobs of many of the Republican's strongest supporters, like veterans. Many government workers are former Military who won't be happy to be loosing their jobs. This could hurt Republican support in the next election.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

I'm not gonna claim I know everything about Germany cause I don't. From what I know about Germany they are an Economic powerhouse that actually makes stuff. (maybe I'm wrong?). Seems like America and Germany are not that similar since America survives on printing money and borrowing.

I don't know whats going on behind the scenes, all I know is alot of states and our country are supposedly in debt to someone. Tax bases are shrinking obviously, So how do you pay people when you literally don't have the money to pay them? Borrow more and more? At what point do you stop this madness?

Like I said, stopping the wars would help alot, but that doesn't seem like its going to happen. Both republicans and democrats agree on that point.

Americans have been living in a dream with huge flat screen tv's and bling bling rims. (more like a nightmare?) while other parts of the world starve.

Seems like it has to balance it self out somewhere along the way.

I don't consider myself a repub or democrat, I just try to sit on the sidelines and try to figure out this madness.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by canard18
reply to post by 46ACE

This will kill the jobs of many of the Republican's strongest supporters, like veterans. Many government workers are former Military who won't be happy to be loosing their jobs. This could hurt Republican support in the next election.

You forget one thing, it is the President that get's the credit/blame for what happens during his administration.

If these are government jobs, so be it.
If these are big coprparate jobs, remember it is the left that are always trying to kill big corporations anyway.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
If prices rose suddenly in my household for everyday things such as food, gas, utilities and the basic things I need to keep my family's house running, the only thing I could do is stay up late with a mountain of bills on the kitchen table and find out where we could CUT BACK to maintain paying our bills.

Perhaps, it's time for the government to do the same as I don't have anyone I can tax.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
did anybody notice the source of the report???

Goldman Sachs and Moody's ???

that is a big statement right there

George Soros (left wing) has stakes
in both Sachs and Moody's

edit on 3/1/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Here is what we do to clean up the national debt.

We take all the closed down factories across the U.S., bundle them up together, and classify them as bond payment vehicles. We then give these bond vehicles to the IC who hold U.S. bonds, as payment in full for the debt.

We then inform the ICs that they have so many days to start cleaning up the toxic waste on their properties, or face large fines.

Considering all this debt is really nothing but a big scam, where worthless paper was traded as having real value, this would be a fair trade.

The ICs then start hiring U.S. workers to clean up toxic sites, build infrastructure, and all that. If they don't do this, then our government levies huge fines, and hires the workers directly to start rebuilding out nation.

Problem solved.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Goldman Sachs and Moody's are independent? Wow!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
1. Citing Daily Kos is not independent.
2. Cutting government jobs is good because it lowers government spending. Wanna save those jobs? Then can the high-speed rail boondoggle can global "whatever" spending, can a million other wasted projects that only line politicians pockets.
3. The government will sacrafice peoples jobs to save their own pet projects. Trying to make a sob-story outa this is crocodile tears at its worst.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Why don't democrats create jobs by hiring people to build sand castles and hiring other people to knock them down? It's time they show how inept they are at economics by proposing things that make as much rational sense as most of their ideas.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
IN the UK we are expecting 500,000 jobs to go in the public sector. However, with these job losses an expected further 500,000 will go into the private sector as the private sector relies on government contracts, to build schools and hospitals, providing services to the public sector.

The government has told us that the private sector will step in and provide jobs for all these job losses. From where I see things it looks like public sector employees will lose their jobs and if they cant find a new one, will be forced to do what they used to be paid for, as a volunteer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join