It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Killed In Failed Coup- DRC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

6 Killed In Failed Coup- DRC

english.aljazeera.net

Six people have been killed in Kinshasa, the capital of the Democratic Republic of Congo, in what authorities there say was a failed coup attempt.

A group of unidentified armed men attacked a residence of Joseph Kabila, the president, in the early hours of Sunday, according to Lambert Mende, the information minister.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ft.com

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Kabila came to power when his father was assassinated in 2001. He faces presidential and parliamentary elections in November this year, the second such polls since the official end of the 1998-2003 war.
On 15 January, parliament backed a proposal by Mr Kabila to reduce presidential elections from two rounds to one.
The change means the winner can claim victory with less than 50% of the vote.
Presidential and parliamentary elections are scheduled to take place in November 2011.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I just read about this in the paper and thought I’d spread the word. With all of the protesting and uprisings taking place across the world it does not surprise me that some are riding the waves of the lunatic fringe…

Yes, he assumed power after his father was assassinated during similar circumstances, but he is also a bit of a dodgy character when it comes to staying in power.

It shouldn’t take long before we see small pockets of resistance doing the same the world over. We are indeed nearing WW3…

join