It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An encounter I had with something.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I've been hesitant to post this because I don't want to sound like a weirdo. I know what I saw. I know what others around me saw, but I have no explanation for it. Since it happened I've been pretty freaked out.

Two weekends ago I left my house at around 8:30 a.m. to go and walk at a local park with my Jack Russell (Sadie). It was daylight out, fairly bright and not really cloudy. I wound up getting stopped at a stop sign behind another vehicle. As I was sitting there I looked to my left where a cemetery is. The cemetery is pretty old and on flat, not hilly land. Most of the headstones are tall and ornate. I always look at that cemetery because I think it's beautiful. I've done gravestone rubbings there.

Anyway, as I'm gazing out at the graveyard my dog starts to growl. It's not a growl I've ever heard her emit before. It was terrifying. She's an easygoing dog that doesn't even bark when someone knocks on our door. She's very laid back. But not that morning. She always rides in the backseat. That's what she is trained to do and has never tried to get into the front. That morning, she leaped between the front seats and got into my lap, staring out at the graveyard.

I'm telling you the honest truth here ... all the hair on her neck was up and she was baring her teeth and shaking all over.

I looked back out at the cemetery and saw this ... thing.

It was short. It was probably about 3 feet tall. At first I thought it was a dog or a deer. How can I explain this? It moved between two headstones and came out into clearer view. All I can think to describe it is that it looked like a little person wearing a hooded robe. My dog was going MAD at that point and I rolled the window down just a little to see if it was a child or something. The thing bowed up and stopped, turned in our direction (I guess when it heard the dog barking) and then ... raced out of sight. It moved with speed that was unreal.

I sat there with my jaw hanging open and then looked forward. A man and his wife, who were in the truck in front of me, were out of their truck and standing there looking stunned at the cemetery. We were the only cars there so I rolled down my window and the man said, "Tell me you saw that."

I go, "WHAT did I see? What was that?"

He left his truck sitting there and walked up into the cemetery in the spot where we had seen the .. .whatever it was. Nothing was there. He even looked around for string or something that would indicate a hoax. The only thing there is a mausoleum type building where they keep the lawn mower and stuff. That's the only place the thing could have gone, but it was locked up nice and tight.

There are NO houses around that area.

The man and woman said that it had gone across the road in front of their truck and they watched it up into the cemetery. They had a better view of it than I did and they said it looked like a tiny, robed Monk. We exchanged numbers and talked about whether or not to call the police. We decided we'd sound like idiots if we tried to explain it and went our separate ways.

I went on ahead to the park.

My dog, bless her heart, would not get out of the car at the park. I wound up turning around and coming home. When I got her out of the vehicle, I saw that she had peed herself. She also wouldn't eat that entire day.

I have no idea what we saw. I just know that we all saw it.

And it disappeared. It was there one minute and gone the next. We didn't see it come out on the other side of the cemetery, either.

Since that encounter I've been more nervous and have been keeping a light on my house at all times. I have this sense of foreboding that I've never experienced before. I've spoken to the woman I met that morning and she feels the same way.

I've avoided going back down that road at all.

I'd be the first to say that it was a hoax or a joke, but the thing moved with such speed it couldn't have just been someone running, in my opinion.

I feel crazy. I have no explanation.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If I may clarify. From what you described, you're pretty convinced that the little person was not some kind of apparition, correct?

And yet it "disappeared" without a possible exit?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
If I may clarify. From what you described, you're pretty convinced that the little person was not some kind of apparition, correct?

And yet it "disappeared" without a possible exit?

It could have been an apparition of some kind. It moved very fast, but we didn't see it come out of the cemetery in the direction it went. I guess it could have changed course and went toward the back of the graveyard, but I don't know. I just don't know.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Have you tried doing an internet search to find a picture of something that looks familiar?

When you say it disapeered, do you mean like in between some headstones or like it vanished into thin air?

Btw jack Russels are very intelligent dogs. Scary

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Now that is creepy. I would be scared to death too but it is interesting that it took off and didn't want to be seen.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You said it looked like a dog or a deer. Did it run on all fours or upright?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Did it move away at speed? or shimmer like shadowy before disappearing. The unexplained can often trigger feelings such as the ones you describe. You have not described any threatening behavior?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by larrydavid
Have you tried doing an internet search to find a picture of something that looks familiar?

When you say it disapeered, do you mean like in between some headstones or like it vanished into thin air?

Btw jack Russels are very intelligent dogs. Scary

It disappeared out of our eyesight. That's why the man went up into the cemetery to see if he could find it. It didn't come out of the cemetery in the direction it initially took off running(?) in. And the man came back and said that it vanished.

I just did a search on Google Images. I can't really find anything that's a close match. I'd say that this is the closest, but shorter and like ... more squat:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by took red pill
You said it looked like a dog or a deer. Did it run on all fours or upright?

When I first spotted it I thought it was a dog or a deer, but then I realized it was walking upright. Like a little person.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
Did it move away at speed? or shimmer like shadowy before disappearing. The unexplained can often trigger feelings such as the ones you describe. You have not described any threatening behavior?

It moved away so fast that it unnerved me. I didn't see it shimmer or anything. The only threatening thing was the way my dog was behaving. And it just ... filled me with a sense of unease. Like I was seeing something I shouldn't be. I kept expecting it to come at me.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'll check back later.

I need to log off for now and try to get some sleep.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by girl_interrupted

I am usually quite skeptical when it comes to matters such as this, with no photo, and only the story. For what it's worth, I believe you. Maybe this is because of the approach that you have used to present this. Anyways, this is the image that came to my mind, when reading your OP. I am not trying to make a joke with this character. I am only trying to get a clear mental image. Was it similar to this?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I think it could have been a "little" bigfoot. I saw one that looked a lot like what you described. Pointed head, no neck, & it looked like it was gliding along, kind of bent over. Very fast.

I got a good look at it & there was no doubt in my mind what it was.

Dogs are extremely afraid of them.

Have there been any reports of them being seen near where you live?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I have always been fascinated with the paranormal and it always boggles my mind when someone sees something I've never heard of before. I can only imagine how YOU feel!!!

I've researched the paranormal since I was a child, and I can't say I've ever heard of a case like this.
I do believe you 100%, though!

If I had to guess, I would think that it was possibly something from another dimension that was maybe able to manifest by drawing off the negative energy of the cemetery. Being that it's an old cemetery, I'm sure there has been a lot of mourners there over the years and all that emotion can make for negative energy that hangs around.

I know this probably doesn't help at all because it's pure speculation. I wish I could offer more info.

Has the doggie recovered? Poor thing. I can only imagine how the two of you felt. That's some crazy stuff!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I'm with you. I don't want to make light of this but it sounded to me like the dwarf creatures from Phantasm.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hmmmm, maybe it was a ghost of a midget monk. Who knows? Sounds scary though not knowing what the hell it was.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I also believe you.

I was thinking it could have been someone into the occult/Satan Worship, But at 8 in the morning in broad daylight and next to a main street, that is very unlikely.

Did you see any type of face or was it just straight black, like the pic you posted?

ps thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Make sure you try to regain your balance and centre yourself, now you have seen something you have no explanation for it would be easy for you to start taking and future occurrences of bad luck as the deeds of some infernal creature.

I too believe your story but i do not know what you saw.

Tell me, do you have any kind of belief in ghosts?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

I too was thinking Phantasm as I read the post. I found this pic.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

If you really want to know what it is then your going to have to go back. See if you can find it again. Take several people with you and go look. Maybe go the same time as day as last time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join