It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Moon Pictures, New Moon Anomalies to Look At

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Thanks to Anon's thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... we've all been directed to check out our moon from close range... well, at least the side facing us... most of the interesting stuff is on the "far side" of the moon, or so we think...

I had a good hour to browse the moon this afternoon, and found an anomaly I can't really explain. I don't think its ET in origin or anything, I just can't fathom how this happened naturally.

I posted this on Anon's thread but it didn't get much notice.
Take a look.

How can all those craters line up on what looks to be an old river bed?

Ideas, thoughts, comments are highly appreciated, and of course, I want to see what you guys find too!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0acfd42f25f.jpg[/atsimg]

Strange hole (?) with anomalies on the 'rim' (?)

Also interesting is the location - next to the 'rile'.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

You have to understand the nature of craters and rilles on the Moon, on Mars, and even on
the Earth. They are the result of electrical discharge an a grand scale. You might want to watch
this video, the Lightning Scarred Planet Mars.

www.thunderbolts.info...

link   
They kind of look like hatches, instead of craters...

link   
reply to post by Odessy

That does seem a little odd. Maybe it has been tampered with. One of the best documentaries I watched was about the moon and NASA covering up anomalies.

Nice pic!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Here is 1 explanation.

To me the depth of the riverbed looks shallow, when compared to the depth of the craters. Could it be as simple as the craters where there first? The river slowly filled each new crater as the one before it became full? the result is what we now see?

Cool post man.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Good theory but its the freakin moon!
There are no rivers there.....
The "river bed" is not a river bed, and the craters are later additions...
I do wonder if they were formed by a meteor train?
Several of them comming down in a sequence from some space collision in the oort cloud or other impetus?
Good find!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Good theory but its the freakin moon!
There are no rivers there.....
The "river bed" is not a river bed, and the craters are later additions...
I do wonder if they were formed by a meteor train?
Several of them comming down in a sequence from some space collision in the oort cloud or other impetus?
Good find!

You sound as if you are an expert on the moon. I yeild to your vast knowledge. I do however wonder, how a river bed is created without a river?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
One other thing i would love to see OP, and could go a long ways in finding an answer to the first river bed picture. Could you scan north(Above) that picture, and find some evidence of what is feeding that river(That is not a river according to some) ? That would help.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Wouldn't be a riverbed it's a crack caused by the impact of a body that broke up similar to Shoemaker Levy 9 .

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaryN
reply to post by Odessy

You have to understand the nature of craters and rilles on the Moon, on Mars, and even on
the Earth. They are the result of electrical discharge an a grand scale. You might want to watch
this video, the Lightning Scarred Planet Mars.

www.thunderbolts.info...

Did everybody miss this? I thought it was quite interesting IMO.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Lava tube collapse pits.
lunarnetworks.blogspot.com...

Similar formations are found on Mars.

Collapse pits on Mars are formed in serveral ways. In volcanic areas, channelized lava flows can form roofs which insulate the flowing lava. These features are termed lava tubes on Earth and are common features in basaltic flows. After the lava has drained, parts of the roof of the tube will collapse under its own weight. These collapse pits will only be as deep as the bottom of the original lava tube.
www.marstoday.com...

Oh, on Earth too.

www.livemind.co.uk...
edit on 2/25/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

That also looks like a river bed.

I love how quite a few of us are openly talking about riverbeds on the moon. Kinda makes you think. I mean, didn't they just find water on the moon?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

He hey! Some of those pics look mighty similar.

from the source:

This chain may host uncollapsed lava tubes between the depressions suitable for human habitation

Aside from the parts that are apparently habitable (???), I find it interesting that their may be, or have been in the past, volcanic activity on the moon.

I know many ideas defeat this theory, but could this one suggest that the moon is not just a chunk of earth?
I mean, if the moon was just a chunk of earth, I don't think it could have collected enough of the earth's molten core to create a core of its own with lava and volcanic activity. Especially thinking how long the lava would have been exposed to the vacuum of space while the moon took its eons to form into its current shape...
but, I'm also no master of space and geology, just a fan

edit on 26-2-2011 by Odessy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomadmonkey
One other thing i would love to see OP, and could go a long ways in finding an answer to the first river bed picture. Could you scan north(Above) that picture, and find some evidence of what is feeding that river(That is not a river according to some) ? That would help.

A possible water source, north, but it kind of looks like a dead end... south east however...

NOTE!!! you should be able to scroll the pics horizontally to see it all.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

When a large object strikes at a high speed it creates a lot of heat.

The lunar Maria are the remnants of enormous impacts. Vast quantities material below the surface became molten and flowed to infill the craters. Lava flowed on the Moon, billions of years ago. The evidence remains because the erosional processes are very, very slow.
edit on 2/26/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The OP was asking why all the craters were in a line along the bed..

Anyone know the answer to that or is everyone just gonna discuss what that river bed looking feature is??

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by backinblack

Yes
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry, I thought your post was just discussing the bed...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

sall good. We are here to learn. Phage gave us fine examples of what we think we know... but, and as always, the only real answer is that we don't know anything... that is, at least, what I chose to believe

top topics

<<   2 >>

join