It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
One question has always.. bugged me about space, as everyone says space is constantly expanding and the fact that no-one knows what space is made of (Dark Matter) When you think about it, what is at the 'end' or 'edge' of space, would it be like hitting a wall, or something completely different??

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Depends. Could be a curved spacetime so that if you start off at Point A and fly straight you will eventually end up back at Point A, or any number of possibilities.

Personally I wouldn't trust anyone that thinks they have the answer to this as this science is too far out of human reach at the moment. Even theories by Astrophysicists are nothing more than mathematical guesses. Theories about the universe change all the time, and most people are not willing to accept new ideas until they see it for themselves.

No one can answer this question, and anyone that thinks they can is just fooling themselves!

Sorry for the pessimistic attitude.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This has been addressed many times on ATS

here are a few links

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are several more try the search feature and add comments as appropriate!

Please use search before posting more as it is just spam when you repost things allready discussed. Also putting some links with background information about your subject is highly respected =).

X

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm always forgettin about that thing my apologies

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
only like 1% of the universe is mafde up of all the galxaies and planets and other space bric a brak

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
this book i am reading desrcibes getting to the edge of the universe by usin gth e analogy of : if you take a person from a 2duniverse and put them on earth and they walk and walk trying to find the edge of the earth, but because the earth is round they will eventually end up back where they started.

so its like the universe is warped so that if you set out in your spaceshipof tacheon speeds you would eventually get back to where you started

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by junior_smith
this book i am reading desrcibes getting to the edge of the universe by usin gth e analogy of : if you take a person from a 2duniverse and put them on earth and they walk and walk trying to find the edge of the earth, but because the earth is round they will eventually end up back where they started.

so its like the universe is warped so that if you set out in your spaceshipof tacheon speeds you would eventually get back to where you started

What books that? I always use the question i made as a brain clearer when i wanna clear all the other junk from my mind

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stuey1221
One question has always.. bugged me about space, as everyone says space is constantly expanding and the fact that no-one knows what space is made of (Dark Matter) When you think about it, what is at the 'end' or 'edge' of space, would it be like hitting a wall, or something completely different??

Hi.
According to the latest analysis of WMAP image, "the universe is 13.7 billion years old (accurate to 1 percent), composed of 73 percent dark energy, 23 percent cold dark matter, and only 4 percent atoms, is currently expanding at the rate of 71 km/sec/Mpc (accurate to 5 percent), underwent episodes of rapid expansion called inflation, and will expand forever." (quoted from antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...)
From the analysis, the scientists concluded that the universe is flat, never ending (see below). However, they are unsure about the nature of dark energy, and thus their conclusion is in question.

Jazzerman is right! Our science and technology aren't advance enough to find out what lies at the end, or if there is an end at all.

if there is a boundary (like "a wall" as Stuey 1221 described), then the further question would be : What lies behind the boundary?

Talking about the expansion of universe and its geometry, the scientists have proposed three possibilities: Open, Flat, and Curved and concluded it to be flat, according to the latest data. Read more here map.gsfc.nasa.gov...

--- --- ---

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I beleive that beyond the edge of the universe is infinite blackness, no planets, statrs, dust, light matter, ANYTHING.

Its the broth for the chicken.

[edit on 7/18/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I believe the same. Space is infinite.
Further, i think that there could be another (or more) universe(s) way way far out from the farthest galaxy (dist from the bigbang point) that might have started from its own big-bang explosion. Just like there is another solar system many light years away from ours. And all the "big-bang points" might have a common center...I can go on and on...that's some crazy imagination from my head!

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Perhaps there is an end to space. Maybe there's so blocking. I pictures space as a sphere where our galaxy we are smaller than the tiniest in the universe. If we ever get there there's nothing out of it. No color, no planets, no stars, no NOTHING not even color, perhaps death.

top topics

join