It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: 14 Sgr vs. Sgr A*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I thought it would be a good idea to share this video with the ATS board, at this stage there are amost a confusing array of 2012 theories, however this theory strikes me as important, if not an interesting phenomena in itself.

26,000 years ago, humanity went through a genetic "bottle neck". By studying mutations in our DNA that have amassed over the course of thousands of years, scientists found we are ALL descendants of a group of humans that number around 20,000.

An extinction happened 26,000 years ago. By looking at the ice cores in Antartica, we can see a stellar event happened 26,000 years ago. (Unusual amounts of tin, gold, silver, and irridium)

The distance from the galactic center to Earth is 26,000 light years.

One star orbiting the Supermassive Black Hole (Sgr A*) at the center of Milky Way is named 14 Sgr, or Sgr 1900+14 . The width of its orbit is only 2 light DAYS. The next time it passes Sgr A* at its perigee (closest approach) is December 21, 2012.

Remember, the light we see from the galatic center is 26,000 years old. This orbit has already happened.

300 years ago, the galactic center was more active. An event occured and the light reflected off of an object 300 light years away from Sgr A*, named The Large Magellanic Cloud. We saw this just recently with our tellescopes.
This event took place 25,700 years ago.

300 years ago, Norther Europe was thrown into a "Mini Ice Age". The Thames River, in England, would freeze solid every year, to the point that city fairs took place on the river.

This was the begining of the coalescence of 14 Sgr and Sgr A*, ending with their union on 12/21/2012.

26,000 yeras ago, modern man witnessed the coalescence of two black holes, and saw the Earth burned and shaken. As the fire ball rose above the galactic center some 60,000 light years into the sky, both hevan and Earth shook and both humans and animals collapsed.
After the smoke cleared, thoes who were left looked up to see, to their shock.... everything was as it was before! Like nothing happened! Their quest for an answer gave birth to astronomy.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Do you have a link to the source of the article? Video has cool music and lots of pretty pictures- but I have no idea what it is trying to convey, something about two black holes I guess.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by robinthehood

Check the Youtube Link, basically, the idea focuses around what is called a "Gamma Ray Burst"

en.wikipedia.org...

A gamma-ray burst in the Milky Way, if close enough to Earth and beamed towards it, could have significant effects on the biosphere. The absorption of radiation in the atmosphere would cause photodissociation of nitrogen, generating nitric oxide that would act as a catalyst to destroy ozone.[75] According to a 2004 study, a GRB at a distance of about a kiloparsec (3,262 light-years) could destroy up to half of Earth's ozone layer; the direct UV irradiation from the burst combined with additional solar UV radiation passing through the diminished ozone layer could then have potentially significant impacts on the food chain and potentially trigger a mass extinction.[2][76] The authors estimate that one such burst is expected per billion years, and hypothesize that the Ordovician-Silurian extinction event could have been the result of such a burst, although there is no current evidence to support this idea.

Basically, the Earth could be hit with a massive wave of radiation and charged particles, it might explain the Chemtrail atmospheric shielding, and alterations of the Earth's electric field through HAARP, as well as all the so-called "ascention" or "higher density" rhetorics.
edit on 25-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I heard about this before somewhere.

It was like whatever happened to our ancestors was similar to a universal reset button. Nobody remembered who or what they were prior which set the human race back thousands of years.

One of my own personal theories was... What if the Mayans were the only ones who remembered this event? If something catastrophic which affects the electro magnetic activity of the brain was the cause, is it happening again? Imagine if you will, a magnet in front of a TV screen... What happens? The colours bleed into each other scrambling what once was recognisable into an alien environment.

Would make sense if the magnetosphere is getting weaker and the way the World seems to be imploding on itself. People for the last year or so have not been right (if you excuse the pun) in the head.

Is that the deal with the calender? Maybe it is a warning that this will happen again. Not this Nibiru or polar shift rubbish.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hmmm.....unusual amounts of iridium?

Reminds me of that thread by jazz10 that got moved to Skunk Works about iridium being the key.

Nice thread though S&F

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'll get back to you with the answer in 7 days . I just paid a modern day prophet , Dr. Greer $5,000.00 for 5 days to sit under a pyramid to learn to channel aliens and he assures me that i can place a call to the high Mayan priest to unlock the mysteries of the universe and in particular , the 2012 prophecies . I told him that i'll be some disappointed to be alive in 2013 and he said for 15 grand more i won't be .
I think fine Dr. Greer is a Jehovas Witness and every time they predict the end of the world ... ok , bad example but i still want to channel an alien and 5 grand would be cheap at twice the price . He told me that 5 grand includes an alien abduction and sexual experiments with beautiful Venusian alien women and i'm up for that as long as they tell me the truth about 2012 . It's the least i can do for humanity .
Just hackin' on ya , pay no mind .

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I don't know much about iridium, it could be one of the many different kinds of charged particle that buffets the atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor

I don't know much about iridium, it could be one of the many different kinds of charged particle that buffets the atmosphere.

I'm the same although now I might research the effects and benefits of it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I don't know if there are any benefits, the effect is basically a huge dose of radiation. Some believe that we might transition to a higher plane, or it could just be a fancy way of saying that we are going to die in the intense radiation... We might just be chasing our tails when the rest of the world is busily preparing for the event. It might not be something that has any physical effect on buildings or structures, however, it might have a detrimental effect on life.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Here is a scientific paper on the results of Earth being hit by a GRB:

www.cita.utoronto.ca...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Here is a description of the orbits of the stars around the centre of the Milky Way Galaxy, The star 14 SGR moves through the centre of the object SGR A* [en.wikipedia.org...*] towards the end of the year 2012.

edit on 26-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

Doomsday or not, its fascinating how complex and chaotic, and how synchronous and geometric the clockwork of our universe is...
edit on 26-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Basically, the Earth could be hit with a massive wave of radiation and charged particles, it might explain the Chemtrail atmospheric shielding, and alterations of the Earth's electric field through HAARP, as well as all the so-called "ascention" or "higher density" rhetorics.

Why do you think that chemtrails placed in the troposphere are going to help out with ozone depletion or anything else? I am assuming that chemtrails are real for the moment. What effect is an electric field going to have on a gamma ray burst?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Its really just speculation, however, for a scientific explanation of Chemtrails (if they are real), check out this website, it offers a technical definition of thier purpose, supposedly from someone who is an insider:

www.holmestead.ca...

Although the insider claims that the chemtrails are a response to human degradation of the ozone layer... He explains how an electric field is the catalyst for the production of ozone in the upper atmosphere. A G.R.B. could be the "final nail in the coffin" in terms of the atmosphere and the ecosystem.
edit on 28-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor

An event occured and the light reflected off of an object 300 light years away from Sgr A*, named The Large Magellanic Cloud. We saw this just recently with our tellescopes.
This event took place 25,700 years ago.

I stopped reading after he said Large Magellanic Cloud is 300 lights away from Sagittarius A* when it is actually 160,000 light years away from our galaxy. People will twist anything to conform with their belief.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Seems like the person is dead. That's stock in trade for conspiracy claims.

Where in that messy site is anything worth reading? Can you point it out?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

You have to scroll down to the dialogue, he goes into technical detail.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ipofaon

Do you mean the cloud is 160000 light years away from SGR A*, as opposed to 300 000. I guess he got some of his facts mixed up, however it would be refreshing to know that he is wrong, as if he is right then the consequences are far from hopeful.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

There are a lot of claims that sound like pseudoscientific. Hardly anything is substantiated. There is some claim about a WHO study yet nothing is stated that make sit possible to view the study. That's the essence of making stuff up.

Is there anything there that interests you. It didn't look realistic to me.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

In a way, it does sound made-up, and there is a chance that he could be telling the truth, however, what would really prove it, would be some kind of major leak, a group of officials from major airliners, or something similar to that effect. I guess, its still in the realm of conspiracy, and all we can really do is offer theories. Personally, when it comes to chemtrails, I do not really witness them where I live (on the other side of the world), however, when I do see them, the planes are usually some kind of high-speed jet, flying in a broad arch.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

I am reviving this thread, with current and relevant information:

www.space.com...
(12/30/2014) MYSTERY OBJECT APPEARS NEAR MILKY WAY'S MONSTER BLACK HOLE
"In yet another twist to a saga of astronomical proportions, astronomers have identified what they say is a gas cloud that made a tight orbit around the super-massive black hole at the center of the Milky Way galaxy 13 years ago. The object could be one in a series of gas clouds, the second of which may soon become a snack for the black hole.

"The newly discovered object has been dubbed G1. An object known as G2 has been in the news for more than a year, ever since astronomers at the Max Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics in Germany hypothesized that it was a gas cloud. If that is true, it should lose some of its material to the supermassive black hole at the center of the Milky Way (known as Sagittarius A* or Sgr A*). This giant black hole — its name is pronounced Sagittarius A(star) — doesn't dine on material often, so the event would be a rare chance for astronomers to watch a black hole (consume a visible object.)

"While the scientists at Max Planck contend that G2 is a gas cloud, a group of researchers at the University of California, Los Angeles, led by astrophysicist Andrea Ghez, argue that G2 is more likely a star surrounded by a layer of dust and gas. Over the summer, G2 made its closest approach to the black hole and was not torn apart. Ghez and her group argued that this was a knockout punch for the gas cloud theory — clear evidence that G2 is a solid body."

(Here's more articles on this mysterious Black Hole

spaceref.com...
MORE ARTICLES ON BLACK HOLE IN SAGITTERIOUS

edit on 30-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: content

edit on 30-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

top topics

join