It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faces of Meth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This news article shows police pictures of people "before and after" meth. They are so unpleasant that Im not even posting them. here. A decade ago I knew people who took it and I saw the changes with my own eyes. Here's an additional source: ABC News.

What upsets me almost as much as the state of meth-users are the apologists who claim that news articles like the one shown are "Government Propaganda" and "scare tactics by TPTB". It upsets me because I know that to be untrue as far as meth is concerned. Falsehood can wreck peoples lives so I wish people would stop claiming that this particular substance is "heaven".

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Meth is the ultimate thorn in the side of society.. I've seen what it does to people and it's not just their face that changes.. A meth user would murder and rob their own mother for a fix.... They care about nothing but the drug.. Not even themselves..

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Very true. And the changes shown in the article photos are shocking
but not uncommon. I have actually seen a few worse ones in my lifetime.

It's the "untold story" by persons who support legalizing all drugs in this country.

edit on 2/25/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Adolf Hitler was a regular meth user!

The Japanese suicide plain bombers in world war 2 were all high on meth when they were doing their suicide attacks!

Need I say more

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Drugs are bad. What you show is not some far out conspiracy to brainwash us by TPTB. I have seen the effects of meth and it is gross. I have seen the effects of most drugs, and when abused, it always ends up bad. This article is simply showing what will happen to you if you decide to use and abuse meth.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
delete
edit on 25/2/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Meth is a bad, bad deal. I've seen pictures like this before. "Stephanie" from Full House ended up on meth. She now lectures on its' dangers. It does horrible things to people. It's one of the absolute worst drugs out there. I had a friend who was hooked on meth. Luckily she was able to ween herself off of it, but I hadn't heard from her for many years. Until recently I thought she might be dead, turns out she's O.K. and back to being clean. Although she doesn't look anything like these 'after' pictures, she does look somewhat older than she should look for her age. It's a horrendous drug, but some people are attracted by the fact that it's fairly easy to make, and cheaper than some of the other illegal substances out there.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

This particular illicit drug is the most awful.

I have done some research on this having worked with ardent drug users for some time. The biggest problem with this drug is that it accelerates the ageing process and has an awful impact on the body .

The way the drug works is that it gives such a high and euphoric feeling, that the body concentrates on developing receptors that can absorb more of the drug in order to achieve the first high. This is common in a lot of drugs, but with this one it accelerates these receptors.

Now in order for the body to develop these receptors, it forgets about the rest of the natural processes in the body and therefore these die off, particularly the cells that replenish derma/skin. It also effects the repairing properties of vital organs and as a consequence this ages people by up to twenty years in just two years of regular use.

The pictures I have seen of some cases are too disturbing to post on here, but by all means do a little research. Thanks for the thread, it is a subject that needs exploring and as I am usually tolerant of all vices, this will be my only rant about on the subject of drugs!!!

S&F from me.
edit on 18/02/2011 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I dissagree with the propaganda campaign against weed, but the one against meth is legit. I've seen any good people turn into monsters because of it (well, because of themselves really). I've had people try to kill me just rob me for money to buy meth.

On the other hand I still think it should be legal. Idiots should be allowed to be idiots... Making it illegal just makes the societal problems worse.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

Got any links supporting those claims?
edit on 25/2/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

As I agree with you, let Darwinism take it's spot here, I do NOT want to be living next to a meth user, and I don't want my kids, if I had some, to be exposed to these people. These people are dangerous, and I do not want to share a society with them because of the obvious threat they would pose to everyone.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The article is titled 'Face it the drugs don't work.'

Yeah, meth doesn't work, leave that stuff well alone. Their eyes say it all.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

Very true. And the changes shown in the article photos are shocking
but not uncommon. I have actually seen a few worse ones in my lifetime.

It's the "untold story" by persons who support legalizing all drugs in this country.

edit on 2/25/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

Whether or not drugs are legalized, people will still find their fix. It's obvious that anyone who decides they want to do drugs will find someplace to get them. People with addictive personalities will find substances to abuse whether that's alcohol, prescription pills, cold medicine, cigarettes, sugar and fat/food, or drugs. Look at all the alcoholics, the obese, the pill-poppers, the smokers etc. Even if meth, coke or heroin were legal, I wouldn't touch them, because I know what the consequences are. That's why I'm not an alcoholic, a smoker, or obese, because I know the dangers and side-effects of substance abuse. Legalizing these things wouldn't tempt me in the least.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

I think you will find that they were regular opiate users mainly in the form of Morphine, particularly in Hitler's case.

I don't know for certain regarding the Kamikaze pilots, but to be fair it is more than likely that it was Morphine rather than Meths.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hitler and Methamphetamine

I wonder what would have become of Hitler without it...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It looks like it completely distorts the face like they have suffered from a stroke. I have never personally met anyone on meth and I don't want to. The pictures speak a thousand strong words, yet even this side effect, in a society that is consumed by youth and beauty, isn't enough of a deterrent to keep people away from it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This one always makes me laugh...

mykblog.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
That is just horrible...not only did they lose their normal looks, but if you look at their eyes, you can see they lost their souls as well.....they just look empty. If that doesn't keep people from starting meth, nothing will.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Doesn't take years either to get this ugly. I've seen it in under a year of use. There's a term I recently learned "Meth Mouth". It's a telltale sign of use. The teeth and gums turn black an/or fall out.

Meth is the scariest drug out there IMO. So addictive from the first use.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join