It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the blue tiger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
the blue tiger

i rember in this book once about this blue tiger in china or somthing might be in the forests some explors saw in 1950s
i think one tried to shot it to make it walk and fall and capture
if i had the book i would scan in a picture(a sketch by one of the exploras)
this book was about mysterious animals

i was wondering if any one had some dirt on this topic i searched ats but got nothing

if you do got any articles pictures please post the picture link here

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Theyy look something like that. I've herd of it.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I just wanna say AD5673, that is an awesome pic. That is a siberian tiger if im not mistaken. where did you land that pic?

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Looks like blue chalk.
I've seen snow leaopards in Tibet before which had a slight blue undertone, not very noticeable unless they are in white snow.

Do you remember anything about the book lepracorn? I would love to see a blue tiger!

Cheers,
- Tass

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What about the purple polar bear???

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
maybe its just a siberian tiger albino thingy or something? I mean, stuff like this exists. like, a white iguana?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
There's not too much information on these tigers as they really only exist as sightings. There have been numerous recorded reports of sightings of blue tigers, the majority coming from China. Alot of experts think it's merely a genetic mutation but no one knows for sure. They are also referred to as "Maltese Tigers".

The tiger has a Maltese blue fur overlain with normal black stripes. Dr. Karl Shuker believes that this is a genetic mutation like the one found in the Maltese domestic cat. The American Heritage Dictionary definition of a Maltese cat is a domestic cat with short, silky, bluish-grey hair. The fur on the blue tiger is closer to blue than to blue-grey.

www.cryptozoologicalrealms.com...

Blue tigers have been recorded. They have slate grey or black stripes on a pale grey body. Normally blue dilution makes the colour lighter e.g. black becomes blue-grey; it doe not transform orange into grey. Blue tigers have been sporadically reported in the mountains of the Fujian province in China. It is described as maltese (bluish-grey or slate-blue) with white patches on the face and black stripes. Other normally tawny cats have blue or grey colour forms e.g. the bobcat so it would not be impossible to have blue/grey mutations in the tiger.

More recently, there have been occasional reports of blue tigers in a mountainous region on the border between North and South Korea. Because North Korea does not welcome outsiders, it is not currently possible to investigate sightings. Slate-coloured tigers may represent a montane population of tigers where the colour has become fixed in a small, isolated and inbred population. Caldwell's hunting expedition indicates that blue tigers, if they are a separate race, prefer inaccessible regions where they are less likely to be encountered by humans.

members.aol.com...

Other very occasional sightings have been claimed of bluish-toned tigers, particularly in the Fujian Province. This site has personally had one report from the son of a US Army soldier who served in Korea during the Korean war. His father is certain he sighted a blue tiger in the mountains there, near what is now the Demilitarized Zone.

Our problem is that no firm proof has come to light in the way of expert reports or amateur/professional photographic evidence.

The myth of the maltese tiger

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
looks like someone just shone a black light on the siberian tiger pics above, but thats just my skeptisism kicking in. Anyways a blue tiger must be a sight to see indeed.

[edit on 19-7-2004 by jrod8900]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I am gunna reply here...I cant HELP it.
(as I wipe beer of the screen and keyboard)
I have spit/snorted beer out my nose and am LMFAO @ MacKiller and the 'purple polar bear'

MacKiller? if i had any WAY ABOVE points left I would vote for you just for this EXTREME laugh.

Great pics on this BLUE tiger......my son loves tigers and I am going to show him this thread in the morning.......blue? for reals?
this I did not know.......
"VERY INTERESTING" *I say as I peek through the potted plant*

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The purple polar bear was the result of an allergic reaction. The bear had taken a very potent medication and for a brief period of time his hair was in fact turned purple. AS for the blue tigers it is a reccesive gene and it is in fact real , there are a few blues in captivity and they are just like the white tigers they are a mutation. Suprisingly the mutation has not been line bred like the white tigers which is a good thing. The blue coat gene is present in most all of the cat breeds look up russian blue to see some blue domestics....

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
yep very interesting..........

I am glad they haven't had more publicity, otherwise hunters and poachers everywhere would be trying to get their hands on the fur.

It's a shame we have so much disregard for nature and its animals.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
MacKiller? if i had any WAY ABOVE points left I would vote for you just for this EXTREME laugh.

Well...

You can always wait until next month

Yes, it is a real picture, and it returned to its normal cream colour after a few days

new topics

top topics

join