It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA at it again, Nationwide Motorcyce ONLY checkpoints The war on Bikers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Monday, February 21, 2011
Motorcycle Checkpoints May End Up in Supreme Court

OFF THE WIRE

Disputing the Constitutionality of Motorcycle Only Checkpoints

NEW YORK, Feb. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Motorcyclists across the nation are awaiting a decision from the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York which they hope will declare New York’s “motorcycle only” roadway checkpoints to be unconstitutional. The case Wagner et al. v. The County of Schenectady, et al. could end up in the United States Supreme Court. The checkpoints, which target well-known motorcycle events, force motorcyclists traveling to and from those events to leave the roadway, regardless of any wrongdoing, and have their vehicles and equipment inspected for safety and non-safety equipment violations and stolen VIN numbers. Motorcyclists have been detained as long as 45 minutes in makeshift stockades while undergoing the inspections. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration recently began Federal funding for motorcycle checkpoints nationwide in order to assess their effectiveness despite objections raised by members of Congress

Link................

bikersofamerica.blogspot.com...

The TSA already has these in New York and Georgia and plan to spread it to the entire nation but many Biker groups have banded togather to take iut to the supreme court. This is just a thinly disguised attack on Bikers as a whole and especially us Nomadic Bikers. We are locked up in makeshify stockads while they inspect and search our Bikes and "papers", run checks on us etc. Our crime????? Riding a Motorcycle. If this doesnt violate the Constitution nothing does.

Of course its just us hairy, tattooed scary looking Bikers so no onme will probably care.....but what they do to us today they will do to you tommorow

edit on 25/2/11 by masqua because: Added 'ex' tags for external content

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This isn't just an attack on bikers. Look long range about this. If they do it to bikers and no one cares. Next it will be door-less jeeps at jeep jamborees. This is a stepping stone. Rest assured once they start doing it to bikers, in a couple years it will be another group. There far-reaching goal on this will be interstate checkpoints. Where everyone will be stopped and checked.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Everytime I read something else about the gestapo, er...uhm, TSA. I can't help but think how proud men like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc. would be if they were alive today. I'm sure it would bring tears of joy to their eyes to know the American government is following in their footsteps.

Your papers please....
edit on 25-2-2011 by Klassified because: ETA

edit on 25-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Just a thought. When the president was campaigning he said he wanted a civilian group that was just as powerful as the military. Im para-phrasing his qoute. Could it be they are trying to make the TSA that group?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

great post , I had not heard about this one....

buying a bike in 3,,2,1,,,

an electric bike.... www.zeromotorcycles.com...

cant stop me if you cant hear me..

but this is wrong, to stop ANYONE, i'm writing my senator

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
As a biker myself Even though I despise the idea of the TSA harrassing me for simply operating a particular type of motorized vehicle .

And find the underlying principle Unconstitutional as well.

The Biker Gangs have a long history of stealing bikes and in particular very expensive Harleys and I personally know a few people whom have had their bikes stolen at these rallies.

Anyone who has had their bike stolen at one of these rallies might see this from another perspective and might see it as a means of tracing and or even recovering their bikes back.

The Department of Homeland Security and it's TSA were products of the previous administration's Patriot Act before the President was even in the picture. He as with all Presidents are merely following orders from the powers who placed him in office only because of his allegiance to those who rule.
I can assure you that regardless of which elected official was elected to POTUS, we would still have the TSA as well as the ever increasing loss of our freedoms.

The TSA was created as part of the Aviation and Transportation Security Act, sponsored by Don Young in the house[2] and Ernest Hollings in the Senate,[3] passed by the 107th U.S. Congress, and signed into law by President George W. Bush on November 19, 2001. Originally part of the United States Department of Transportation, the TSA was moved to the Department of Homeland Security on March 25, 2003.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
They try to do that before bike week outside Surgis we just went by and they came after us. We stoppedand the police finally gave up finding out there was 3 lawyers in our group. We told them the hand written signs had no meaning and after about 30 minutes they gave up. They wanted to search for weapons and drugs we told them they were all in the motorhome and trailer that they didn't take a second look at

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rakkasansct
This isn't just an attack on bikers. Look long range about this. If they do it to bikers and no one cares. Next it will be door-less jeeps at jeep jamborees. This is a stepping stone. Rest assured once they start doing it to bikers, in a couple years it will be another group. There far-reaching goal on this will be interstate checkpoints. Where everyone will be stopped and checked.

That is the way it works......the war on drugs was just about junkies and drug addicts so who cared????? Now its a mutli billion a year business for the Government.

The war on terror was just against Terrorist so who cared.......now they use it to wiretap and watch American citizens......who are now "terrorists" too

The War on Bikers is just against the Outlaw Clubs.....of course they have to check EVERYONE on a Bike.....but dont worry they will be doing it to cars soon.

Dont you feel safer....more free?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

This isnt an Obama/Bush issue nor did I try to make it one.

As for those who have had their bikes stolen looking at it differently..........

I suspose that some whites that had been mugged by blacks would feel safer having a "Blacks Only" check point......but it doesnt make it ok

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
They try to do that before bike week outside Surgis we just went by and they came after us. We stoppedand the police finally gave up finding out there was 3 lawyers in our group. We told them the hand written signs had no meaning and after about 30 minutes they gave up. They wanted to search for weapons and drugs we told them they were all in the motorhome and trailer that they didn't take a second look at

Most of us dont ride with three lawyers

You were lucky, do you think you would have been given the same break if you were riding with three carpenters? My guess is not.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hope they don't bring this to the UK . Feels like a police state already with all the static and mobile speed cameras registration recognition cameras and the like.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I wonder if this will affect Bike Week here in Daytona. It's only a week or so away.
I'll be sure to ask around as to whether anyone has had issues with this.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

It deffently will for anyone going through Georgia, they already have the checkpoints ready. I dont see this holding up in the Supreme Court, but nothing suprises me anymore.

Let me know what you find out/
edit on 25-2-2011 by lastrebel because: too add

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

There will definitely be tons of people passing through Georgia to get here.
I have friends from Georgia coming down, as usual. I'll be sure to ask them about it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
well first it was bikes then www.ksl.com... what next? but then is this not unconstitutional well yes findarticles.com... but then aging? that is in 2003 and the ksl is 2009 so what is the difference? no one complained.

edit on 25-2-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2011 by bekod because: added text

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I have a feeling a lot of these checkpoints are going to end up as war zones. I know if it were me I'd be dead before I gave up my constitutional right to be secure in my person and my papers from unlawful search and seizure. Just because I'm on a motorcycle does not preclude me to be acting suspicious or committing a crime. So in conclusion they try to stop me illegally you'll see me on the 5 o'clock news.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

Yes it could easily happen.

Unlike the average person a lot of us are used to facing a hostile world and aren't intimidated by authority figures, add to the fact we often go in large packs and are armed and the chance for violence is there.

I cant help but wonder if that isnt EXACTLY why they are being set up.....to provoke it giving them reasons for even tighter measures

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The problem is much bigger than just motor cycles. It is a Country wide attack on the Constitution:

Be happy motorcyclists. For a vehicle hauling a livestock trailer starting in 2012 the stipulations in the The Food Safety Modernization Act regarding track and trace means you have to file an itinerary with the blasted government every time your kid wants to take her lamb to a 4-H show or granny's chickens wander out of the yard!

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

...The Fourth Amendment (Amendment IV) to the United States Constitution is the part of the Bill of Rights which guards against unreasonable searches and seizures, along with requiring any warrant to be judicially sanctioned and supported by probable cause.

It was adopted as a response to the abuse of the writ of assistance, which is a type of general search warrant, in the American Revolution. Search and arrest should be limited in scope according to specific information supplied to the issuing court, usually by a law enforcement officer, who has sworn by it....
en.wikipedia.org...

You already know about "Grope-N-Fly" Trains, boats and public transportation is also targeted. www.examiner.com...

SpartanKingLeonidas had this tread on another fourth Amendment violation.

"The Maryland Division of Corrections has imposed a blanket requirement that applicants for employment with the Division, and all officers undergoing re-certification, provide the government with their social media account usernames and personal passwords for use in employee background checks.

This allows the DOC to access private messages, pictures and wall posts that are not intended for viewing by those who don’t have permission. www.facebook.com...

There are other abuses listed such as a Petting farm (and now regular farmers) must "register" their homes with the US government (2008 - Premises ID) The mere act of obtaining a premises ID gives the government cart blanche to search your home and property at any time without warrant. SInce the Id becomes a permanent part of the property deed it may apply to homeowners after the land is developed.

Farm owners are not "allowed" to leave their farms without first notifying the USDA/FDA or they may face fines if there is a "surprize visit " when they are not at home. In recent years Petting farm owners found out the hard way that this was not an internet roomer.

As Darol Dickerson stated:

NAIS will put Livestock owners under closer surveillance than terrorists, illegals aliens, drug dealers, and convicted sex offenders/child molesters. Currently, only convicted sex offenders/child molesters have to register their premises. www.naisstinks.com

NAIS/Premises ID is the US version of the World Trade Organizations mandated. Recently the name has changed.

....The USDA has only put a new saddle on the same old horse. The program is no longer called NAIS, the new name is “ANIMAL DISEASE TRACEABILITY FRAMEWORK.”

The original document explaining NAIS consisted of 1200 pages, while this new version on traceability is only 7 pages of questions and answers. Our government is doing everything within its power to force this plan upon us in order to be in compliance with the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE). We are being told this new plan will be a kinder, gentler state-run program; however we will still have premise registration, although the word PREMISE has been changed to “UNIQUE LOCATION IDENTIFIER.”

The government is also trying to force sale-barns to tag all cows with the “840″ tags. “840″ indicates the animal originated in the United States. This is to keep us in compliance with the OIE. The United States is no longer in charge of its own policies, rather we are obliged to follow directives of the World Trade Organization (WTO), the Food & Agricultural Organization (FAO), the World Health Organization (WHO), including the Codex Alimentarius and the International Plant Protection Convention.....
amishinternet.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ummm...I believe this is DOT and not TSA. In addition, I think it's all arranged via special funding to the state for safety inspections and suspect it's due to the insurance industry at some level.

I looked this up over a months ago because GA was one of the states affected, and a similar bulletin with some wrong facts went out telling people to either bypass or trailer their bikes through GA on their way to the various bike weeks in the area. But I'll look again.

Where are you seeing TSA? I've looked but maybe I'm missing it.

Here's at least one article:

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) gave Georgia a $70,000 grant to conduct one or more roadside motorcycle-only checkpoints. New York state has operated a similar program. The AMA has been tracking this disturbing development of motorcycle-only checkpoints since it first appeared in New York several years ago.

“The AMA believes that the primary source of motorcycle safety is in motorcycle crash prevention and not in arbitrarily pulling over riders and randomly subjecting them to roadside inspections,” [said Ed Moreland, AMA senior vice president for government affairs.]
blogs.ajc.com...

It's a study by the NHTSA not TSA as in their gonna frisk you. Highway safety. DOT. Helmets. Short term, not permanent. Safety. Snakes in the road. Special grant. Mountain out of a molehill. This sort of stuff's been going on for a long time, the safety research grants. I can see why people might be jumpy or alarmed, but in this case...I dunno...might be wiser to pick more important battles.
edit on 2/25/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I read the original article and I live in NY very near where they do these checkpoints on I 87. And while I probably shouldn't have to, I will add that I in no way shape or form condone or agree with singling out anyone based on what type of transportation they choose to employ. With that said, the TSA has absolutely nothing to do with this. It's entirely funded by a grant from the New York Governors Transportation safety committee and the checkpoints are maintained by NYS troopers. What happened to 'Deny Ignorance' ?

edit to add... lucidity beat me to it!
edit on 25-2-2011 by peter vlar because: lucidity beat me to the punch

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join