It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$5.40 a gallon for unleaded gas!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Can you believe it ! The price of regular gas has just gone up to $5.40 a gallon this morning because speculators think that there might be a shortage due to political instability in the middle Est !!! Traders and speculators are making a fortune based on lies and made up scenarios. As far as we know nothing has changed in the middle Est concerning the amount of crude oil being pumped and exported and if something was to change, it would be to the western world's advantage due to having better control of the distribution and exportation of the product because of assuming control over it.

We are being shafted .......

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Where is it this much?
3.22 here......

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Source???

Where are you? US? And if so where in the US?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up, I am usually on top of these things but have been in my own little world since the baby dolphins washed ashore.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
www.gasbuddy.com...

I'm not seeing it here in the states. Looks like $3.70ish is the highest.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Oh yeah...It would help if I told everyone that this is in Canada!! The Nation's Capital....$1.20 a litter and rising right now.....So for my American friends out there....The wave will reach you soon....get ready !

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Yeah, and they don't even have the old supply-and-demand excuse to fall back on this time because there is no supply problem and demand is low. Thanks Wall Street faux panic about the faux uprisings in the ME for this one. Just when they told us the economy was back on track to. What a coincidence, because if that even if that were true, this would put the kabosh on it very fast. Airlines have already raised their prices in response...average of $60 a ticket. And you can bet they won't go back down again. They're so on the ball, those airlines.
Prices that get raised for this reason in any area rarely come down again. And as always, it's all up to you, the consumer, to bear the total brunt from every direction.
edit on 2/24/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

la2

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Its already £1.30.9 per litre here in West Midlands UK, and we are expecting it to rise as trouble continues, shocking considering 60% of it goes to the government.

la2

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Thats a £6.00 gallon we are looking at soon

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sounds like Price gouging.....it should be in the low $3s. We went to a little over $4/ga in the midwest when the price of crude went to $147~ We could go to $150~ again which would take us another $1 higher in gas (unless there are refinery problems). If we go to $200 in oil (lt sweet crude not brent) then we could see $5.40-.50/ga. (again if no refinery issues to make gasoline higher relative to crude oil).
edit on 24-2-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
$3.40 here in GR Michigan. Yes it's true.. shifted,shafted those that control don't care... no pain in their pockets.
Meanwhile no point in wasting a presume problem when monies can be made. 2% loss of oil out of that area. Sorry no change in our consumption. However we still pay. Why is that?

Never mind, I know the answer.. so do you I assume.. if not, I've made a A$$ out of you and me...

O-wait that's already been done by them.
But they wish to see how far you/us are willing to bend over.

Jesse

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm sure glad I don't own a car or need to use fuel oil.

I've needed to heat my house three days so far this winter here in Daytona. I use a kerosene heater, and kero is actually $5.00 a gallon this year. The fella said the increase was due to transportation costs involved with trucking it in (I think he said he gets it from a distro center in Alabama). I've only used about 7 gallons so far, so that's not bad for a winter's worth of heat. This also makes me glad I don't live in New England any longer.

We can surely expect oil and gas prices to go crazy as the chaos in the Middle East continues.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Around 3.29 here in T, Ohio. Think the lowest I have seen thus far is pretty much near an even 3.00. If it gets higher than 4 it will be time to bust out the roller blades and catch a bus

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Wow not this gas price wave again...albeit its only $3.02/gallon in Utah, SLC

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I paid $3.22 for mid-grade this morning. Oblong, Illinois (East Central Illinois).

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

I for one am kinda glad to see the pump and dump philosophy being shifted to gas and off of food and grain. Not that I look forward to the expense, but I can find ways around purchasing gas...but I gotta eat. No way around it. And those in less industrially driven countries that are starving already, they need all the relief they can get, bless their hearts.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
wow wish we had it that cheep hear in the uk lol if you had are prices you would be paying at $13 a gallon so yer sit back down and wined ur neck in

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

Yes, thankfully "they" are selling their hoarded stockpiles of grains which should ease food price tensions going forward but at the cost of higher energy prices to cause problems over here (recession reprise).
"They" being the investment funds and commodity trading houses like Goldman Sachs. When they decide to dump precious metals it could get ugly.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Detroit here checking in. It averaging $3.20-3.39 and slightly higher.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Over $6.00 a gal, $1.40 a litre here in Australia..
And they are talking about $1.75 a litre..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join