It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Follow me blindly... I shall lead you to the promised land

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I read so many posts on here from people claiming these revolutions are staged, this is the work of backroom deals and organizations yet to show their face to us, but do we know if this is true? Please remember history, this is not the first time a great awakening was linked to secret societies and organizations. The Revolution in France of the 1790s was also tied to the works of secret societies which had manipulated the public into following them blindly into the abyss.

In his "Preliminary Discourse", Barruel defines the three forms of conspiracy as the "conspiracy of impiety" against God and Christianity, the "conspiracy of rebellion" against kings and monarchs, and "the conspiracy of anarchy" against society in general.

Augustin Barruel was a French writer who had made the shocking allegation that the entire French Revolution had been staged by the Freemasons to overthrow what Europe had always known and trusted to bring about anarchy and chaos to usher in an era where their ideals and politics reign supreme. This could be interpreted as changing out one set of ruling dictators for another. Which was what many traditionalists during the French Revolution were saying, they claimed this would overthrow the natural aristocracy and replace it with money grubbing materialists run by the Freemasons and Illuminati.

Here he found that the philosophes had created an age of pretend philosophy which they used in their battle with Christianity. Their commitment to liberty and equality were really commitments of "pride and revolt". Barruel claimed that the proponents of the Enlightenment led people into illusion and error and refers to the philosophes as "Writers of this species, so far from enlightening the people, only contribute to lead them into the path of error".

Was Barruel just a figurehead fighting to preserve the traditional order which had dominated not only France but almost all of Europe for centuries? Were his attacks unjustified and ungrounded? Could he have simply been a counterrevolutionary which had one goal in mind, return the alter, the throne, and the state? There are many whom argue this point, he was simply fighting back to preserve his invested interests or distorted reality to bring down the entire Enlightenment movement.

The destruction of monarchies in Europe led to the triumph of the Jacobins as they trampled "underfoot the altars and the thrones in the name of that equality and that liberty which summon the peoples to the disasters of revolution and the horrors of anarchy".

Maybe the fact was that Barruel put together all the pieces of the puzzle using Enlightenment principles of thought to tear down those who actually sought to conspire against all of society. Could Barruel have been right in his criticism and his work shown the truth face of the revolution and those who were behind the curtain, pulling the strings? With his consistent assault upon the philosophes and Enlightenment thinkers he was savagely attacked by them which led to many thinking he might have been right.

He believed the Freemasons kept their words and aims secret for many years but on August 12, 1792, two days after the fall of the French monarchy, they ran though the streets openly announcing their secrets. The secret words were "Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity" and the secret aim was the overthrow of the French monarchy and the establishment of the republic.

Over 200 years later his trilogy has been virtually forgotten and/or ignored, Memoirs Illustrating the History of Jacobinism, and the serious questions he raised have never been fully answered to this day. I was reminded of this book and this author tonight while I was reading a response to a thread in which the poster claimed this was all staged, the events in the Middle East, by some shadowy organization or government.

Could we just all be completely filled with conspiratorial thoughts it is driving us into a state of paranoia? Could these uprisings have been staged or planned by a shadowy organization? Could the Enlightenment and the subsequent revolutions been directed by the Freemasons and Illuminati? So many questions, so few answers.

Part 1, Antichristian Conspiracy
The Antimonarchial Conspiracy
Antisocial Conspiracy
Antisocial Conspiracy; Historical Part

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

We have been indoctrinated to think that the individual can do nothing and is manipulated instead, that the collective always pushes history.

That is dead wrong.

One man can change everything; Alexander the great, Phillip of Macendonia, Julius Caesar, Socrates, George Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Franklin, Payne, and the list goes on.

No outside mechanations needed.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have puzzled over the revolutions going on,but so far don't see any conspiracies.I think that with the help of education of younger people and the technological advancments that they have avalible to them they are able to see through the propaganda of their governments.Finally after all these years they can see that they can have a better life than what they have at present.They are going for it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Explanation: S&F!

Bumped for Justice!

Personal Disclosure: To TPTB... Thanks for the offer but no thanks as I'm doing fine feeling my own way forward. Go ahead and I'll catch up or be along of MY OWN ACCORD as I might be blind but regardless of that it doesnt make me pathetically weak enuff to require your oversight and or help all the same as I have a walking stick!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
First off great thread! when i was studying the french revolution at school i often wondered what role freemasons played in the revolution, what with all the illuminati symbolism which could be found in documents such as the declaration of rights of man and citizen-with the "all seeing eye". i was also interested by the fact the french rev so closely followed the american rev, and featured same key players who were known freemasons-e.g lafayette.. but yeah Star and flag

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I am giving a thanks to everyone who responded to this thread, I read each of your opinions and glad I could spread a little knowledge.

new topics

top topics

join