It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some symbology help

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

I have many suggestions on researching symbols, however bare in mind most are not sourced directly in volumes stated as books on symbols
For a direct approach to some of the more common symbols in the west and as a beginning point one can always start with Manley P. Halls works, like the Secrets of All Ages. In order to really uncver the meanings behind many symbols you are intended to "uncover" many of these yourself...hence why they are symbols...but also because the idea they are meant to convey escape, or are limited by mere words, so contemplation is the key ingredient in many cases. Two different sciences of past ages are fantastic places to start your inquiry: Astrology and Alchemy. For instance a deep study as to the origins of the planetary symbols alone can take you down a rabbit hole of unending duration, I submit the point within a circle as the symbol for the Sun in astrology. This is the sign used to denote your "sun sign" now the sun sign represents the "ego" so implications begin to be made as you realize how many other planets, and symbols , and their angles to one another comprise even a basic natal chart.

Hmmm well I need to get ready for work, more later...also consider Manfred Junius' book entitled: Plant Alchemy.

Ill be back with more time later, but fair warning, you are embarking on one of, if not the deepest studies I know as it has roots in everything. I could still be talking about the symbol for the sunsign for endless pages as it wraps itself into eastern studies as well like Raja Yoga. Good stuff

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

I totally understand what you mean about context and that there aren't really any definitive books based solely on symbols. The meaning would be totally lost then. I should have given way more consideration into how I worded my request.

I have heard of Manly P. Hall and if I remember correctly there is some question to the validity of his books... I will have to do more research on him before posting a conclusion. Thank you for your response, I look forward to hearing more if you care to elucidate.

edit on 25-2-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Its a pentagram and the letters spell B L A C K

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
And the inverted pentagram refers to "black" as in "black magic", not "Black" as in melanin.

edit on 25-2-2011 by Tamahu because: spacing

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

if I remember correctly there is some question to the validity of his books

This is because one of his books talks and expands on areas of Freemasonry, before he had actually joined a lodge. Either way that book is still thought provoking and imo holds some weight. He has published some brilliant books and should certainly be looked into further.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

No not that deep, the Black refers to "Black label" street clothing.

socalskateshop.com...
edit on 25-2-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

That is what my fiancee said, but I can't make out all the letters so I don't want to presume that.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by Tamahu

No not that deep, the Black refers to "Black label" street clothing.

socalskateshop.com...
edit on 25-2-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

AHA!!! This clothing line must be popular in that scene. I have seen one in another rappers video that looks similar to the one you linked.. the "Black and yellow" song. You see a man jump up and it's there. Argh. I hate how these symbols get mixed into pop culture.

But, one their website there is no specific shirt that looks like that.
www.blacklabelskates.com...
edit on 25-2-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The 5th

if I remember correctly there is some question to the validity of his books

This is because one of his books talks and expands on areas of Freemasonry, before he had actually joined a lodge. Either way that book is still thought provoking and imo holds some weight. He has published some brilliant books and should certainly be looked into further.

Hey thanks for your insight! I will definitely do some research. I think I may already have some of his books buried somewhere. I have amassed (along with my fiancee) so many books I can't keep track. @_@

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

And the inverted pentagram refers to "black" as in "black magic", not "Black" as in melanin.

edit on 25-2-2011 by Tamahu because: spacing

That thread you linked is insane! Not because of what is presented, just...the scope, wow! I don't have the mental capacity to read that right now (I drank coffee today and still feel the effects--I never never never read anything esoteric while "high" on anything), but will tomorrow.

As an anthropologist I do not believe in the concept of "race" in humans, but I will be more than happy to dive into your thread to see the "other side" lesser known to us.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The 5th
Yes, the way I like to describe it is that referring to certain books as being by Manly P. Hall, 33° Freemason is like referring to The Next Karate Kid starring 2 time Oscar winner Hillary Swank. While it's true that Swank has won the Oscar twice, and it's true she starred in The Next Karate Kid, the two have no further correlation. Hall joined Masonry towards the end of his life, many many years after he wrote an published most of the books he's best known for.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Donatellonator, I agree with Shadowfoot and The 5th; the works of Manly P. Hall 33º are excellent, especially in combination with the study of Astrology, Alchemy, and Raja Yoga.

By the way, try Yerba Maté. Its type of caffeine is potent, yet way less jittery than coffee.

(Yerba Maté is found much less expensive than the above-linked Guayaki brand, in Mexican/South-American/Hispanic stores).

LUXUS, whether the Black Label company puts inverted pentagrams on their shirts in ignorance of its meaning or not, the symbol is still negative (see my first post in this thread).

JoshNorton, when you said the same thing about Manly P. Hall in another thread, I responded with this post. I know that most contemporary Freemasons are apparently not interested in Esoteric matters; however I point others towards relevant sources so that they can make up their own minds if they wish to go deeper into the topic of Occult Masonry.

As to how Manly P. Hall could have known so much about Masonry before even joining a "regular" lodge, here is a relevant post.

edit on 25-2-2011 by Tamahu because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

I can't thank you enough for your generousity and wisdom. You've helped encourage me to start going down the path again. This discussion has made a good day Great.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join