It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Soars!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
the crisis in libya has sent oil to $100 a barrel. this is peanuts compared to when bush was in power and the iraq war sent oil to over $147 a barrel.

libya only comprise 2% of the total world's oil supply. just 2%. this is literally insignificant in total output and should have no discernable effect on the world oil supply, even if gaddafi destroys the pipline.

how much money is enough. is there no limit to greed. this latest manufactured price increase is going to be passed on to you.

next time you look at the price board at the gasoline station, realize that you are being robbed and there is nothing you can do about.

this middle east uprising has all the markings of an oil oligopoly. the beauty is that no one is actually in charge. therefore no one is to blame, except the people that set up this system and let it loose on the world.

i hope this latest uprising overthrows the oil dictators set up by the west to keep cheap oil flowing. but it looks more like a cleaning house, to put a more favourable system in place that is corruptable and compliant.

gaddafi, warned that he will die a martyr, and if he is overthrown, american and european colonial powers will
step in.

gaddafi and anglo/european powers both have blood on their hands and are directly responsible for all the lives lost.

edit on 23-2-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Not just Libya. This started with Yemen and Egypt too. Yep. Oil soars, yet demand is high. The economy is recovering but it really can't when oil is high. The propaganda is spinning at a furious pace to try to explain this BS again. We all really know this is Wall Street's fault. Any excuse to rob us. It's the next play in their little game.
edit on 2/23/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Wait and watch for when it hits $200.

And it will, no doubt about it

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The saudi's said they wanted 100.00 a barrel oil. Here is another head line Saudis Run out of $50.00 a Barrel Oil, Find New Reserves of $150.00 A Barrel Oil.

Continue reading at NowPublic.com: Saudis Run out of $50.00 a Barrel Oil, Find New Reserves of $150.00 A Barrel Oil | NowPublic News Coverage www.nowpublic.com...

When is America gonna get a real energy policy

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Sorry to put you down but this is a conspiracy site, this action was deliberate. We all live in a free country as long as we've got facebook to watch over. This is in no way a sudden uprising of uninspired random muslim countries, someones playing the fiddle and they are dancing, and boy what a dance.

link   
ALL THIS BS WHEN FREE ENERGY THEORY AND TECHNOLOGY IS REALITY AND HAS BEEN SINCE TESLA. WE ARE BEING CRIPPLED SLOWLY BUT SURELY BUT ONLY BECAUSE WE ALLOW IT. BS. BS. BS. BS. BS.

link   
reply to post by pshea38

BS BS BS BS

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
looks like life is gonna get even harder for the common people...

2nd
edit on 23/2/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Bring it on, I am ready and tired of waiting, quit prolonging it. I have a bicycle and not afraid to use it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well, it has started in Saudi Arabia.....hundreds have signed onto a facebook page called THE DAY OF RAGE - protests to start next month

200 oil - LOL

Once Saudi Arabia goes down, we are done.

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by Misterlondon

Bring it on, I am ready and tired of waiting, quit prolonging it. I have a bicycle and not afraid to use it.

So, you going to bike out to the countryside to get food? How do you think food gets to the supermarket, or how many of the products you use on a daily basis get made.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonetruegod
reply to post by pshea38

BS BS BS BS

I second, no make that third, that.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
kinda make you wonder if this will be the straw that broke the camel's back and triggers global chaos that can dwarf a world war....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

So, you going to bike out to the countryside to get food? How do you think food gets to the supermarket, or how many of the products you use on a daily basis get made.

See, that is where you and I differ, it is not necessary for me to go to the grocery to get my food and I can do without a lot of material objects, there is a difference between wants and needs. It is all about doing more with less. Thankfully, I have learned to be self-reliant and would actually prefer to fend for myself considering the US state of affairs. As Ronald Reagan said, "the scariest words in the English language are: Hello, I am from the government and I am here to help."

To answer your question, yes, I would pedal my bike out to the country, it is not a problem.

edit on 23-2-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Attention Traders: Crude Oil (US lt sweet crude) Peaked overnight at 103.65/bbl. The Fibonacci (61.8%) correction of the big drop fr 147.30 to 33.17 = 103.70. We have dropped almost $5 off the high (also a fibonacci #). Caveat trader.

new topics

top topics

join