It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With everything centered around 2012, could this be next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I was on Amazon looking for a book called, "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin and notice he had another book out, "The Creature From Jekyll Island: A Second Look At The Federal Reserve System." I always read the review from users, since they give more detail about the book than the site itself and noticed one person not being a big fan because of this sentence.

MG_"MG"
....."A dramatic encounter with aliens shown on network television - even if it were entirely fabricated - could be used to stampede all nations into world government, supposedly to defend the Earth from invasion." By this point in the book, my eyes have permanently rolled into the back of my head.

Source

Now I don't know much about this guy and only was interested in reading this book to know more about the Federal Reserve and how the banking system works. He looked credible and sane but who knows, but the above quote took me by surprise because I could actually see this happen. The world is in chaos, riots everywhere, economy collapsing, and everything looks like a conspiracy. Any thoughts on this?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

MG_"MG"
....."A dramatic encounter with aliens shown on network television - even if it were entirely fabricated - could be used to stampede all nations into world government, supposedly to defend the Earth from invasion." By this point in the book, my eyes have permanently rolled into the back of my head.

I don't know about anyone else, but this would never fly with me. If we are being invaded and attacked by some alien race I better see some REAL physical evidence. Show me a dead alien, Show me parts of the crafts you are shooting down... otherwise I am not buying it. It hope the rest of the world would feel the same way...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

My thoughts well we are the very verge of collapsing we either unite and become a type 1 civilisation or we die like most intelligent species do, we are only primates that have evolved.We have many mistakes within us and emotions is one.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

Emotions aren't mistakes, they are natural. Lack of self control is a an easily fixed "mistake", you just need training

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What we really lack, in the conspiracy community, is true perspective. That is, we need to be able to see through the eyes of the average "sheep" - they appear simple on the outside, however, within, they could be on such a different vibe to us, that it could be almost a kind of a "shock" to step into thier realm of experience. Perhaps to us, the idea of aliens is interesting, perhaps to a sceptic it is interesting however unsupported by evidence, to a child perhaps the idea is cool, however, to the average adult, the idea could be scarry, it could be frightening to them beyond what we can really imagine.

Imagine, the president said that he had been cooperating with aliens, and that they have been around for more than a million years. We would say "its about time he told us" - however, we, have the context of our own thoughts and various evidence that we have compiled in our spare time. The average person would never have really even thought about aliens. When we see those people, chanting "yes we can" - we see sheep, we see people in a dellusional state of mind, a state of elation. However, through thier eyes, they have placed their trust in the man, they really mean what they say, from the bottom of thier hearts, imagine, if he told them about aliens. What would happen, it would almost totally uproot the foundations of our soceity. The questions would stream in, and then, all those people, millions of them, would flood the internet, especially sites like this, looking for answers. Perhaps now we are paranoid, perhaps now we are "conspiracy theorists" - but when people learn of the truth, perhaps we will become the ones to guide them.
edit on 23-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

That's really wild. Just yesterday I believe someone proposed the very same thing would happen. They even started a thread about it and included a cartoon. I'll post the cartoon and the link to the thread for anyone interested.

The New World Order Blues & Alien Disclosure

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bputman
He looked credible and sane but who knows, but the above quote took me by surprise because I could actually see this happen.

Griffin is anything but credible and sane. He is a hard core conspiracy theorist and makes his money by appealing to those with similar interest in conspiracy theory. I'd look elsewhere for accurate info about the Federal Reserve.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
What we really lack, in the conspiracy community, is true perspective. That is, we need to be able to see through the eyes of the average "sheep".

It is very hard to keep the perspective of the sheep... Everytime I see a "Alien Invasion" movie come out I see the conditioning that they are receiving. To the average every day person who does not spend their time thinking about ET this very well might be the stance they automatically take. Alien = Bad. Stand behind whatever the government proposes to stop these alien terrors...

I hope when disclosure happens that people do not flood sites like ATS looking for more information, sometimes their is so much garbage on here that even in the presence of an ET I would still feel the need to deny their existence due to the utter amount of BS I have seen in some threads. *lol*

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This is not by any means a new idea with Griffin. Check out "Project Bluebeam".

Also look at some of Ronnie Reagans quotes about an alien invasion bringing the world together. He didn't say it was going to happen. he just said it would bring the world together.

Also, Werner Von Braun talked about this.

Many would not buy it. But there are enough people out there who would, that it wouldn't matter if a minority didn't.

Griffin isn't necessarily a nutcase. But that doesn't mean everything he says is good either. I put him in the same category I do Alex Jones.

edit on 23-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm guessing the reviewer who gave the eye rolling statement is a close minded individual.

Luckily for me, being open minded I didn't roll my eyes when it was mentioned before on ATS.

As far as the credibility of the author, to be honest I wouldn't buy any books on theorist speculation unless people recommended it highly and there was massive evidence to support it being truthful.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

war with aliens , yes...
it's old...

Ronald Reagan's speech about aliens U.N. subtitled

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Griffin "co-produced" "What in the world are they Spraying" - one of the most ridiculous "proofs" of a conspiracy theory ever made.

Just based on that I reckon his "agenda" is simply to make money from whatever conspiracy people are willing to pay money to read about or see.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I would like to inform my fellow ATS members that disclosure has begun in my country - Bulgaria.

Stay tuned for more info.

top topics

join