It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khadafy ordered Lockerbie bombing, says Libyan minister

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
www.nypost.com...

Now with all the C Theories on these subjects, hopefully one day the truth will emerge.

TRIPOLI, Libya -- Libyan leader Moammar Khadafy personally ordered the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103, which exploded over the Scottish town of Lockerbie in 1988, the former Libyan justice minister said in an interview Wednesday with Swedish newspaper Expressen.

"I have evidence that Khadafy ordered the Lockerbie attack," Mustapha Abdeljalil said in an interview with the newspaper, after he defected from Khadafy's crumbling regime in protest against violence used on protesters.

A total of 270 people, mostly Americans, died when the flight blew up over the Scottish town on Dec. 21, 1988.

Read more: www.nypost.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I'm not surprised this didn't get that much attention...

S & F

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I already knew it. The thing that gets me about that whole mess is this.

The darkest deal An infamous terrorist’s release had the tacit support of the government

THE previous Labour government wished for the release of Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, the Libyan convicted of the worst ever terrorist attack in Britain, who was sent home from a Scottish prison in 2009. It did “all it could” to secure that outcome—even if that wasn’t much. So concluded an inquiry led by Sir Gus O’Donnell, Britain’s most senior civil servant, whose report was published on February 7th. Mr Megrahi was jailed in 2001 for planting the airline bomb that killed 270 people when it exploded over the Scottish town of Lockerbie in 1988. In 2009 the devolved government in Edinburgh released him on compassionate grounds: Mr Megrahi was cancer-stricken and said to have only a few months to live. He is still alive in Libya. The decision was controversial, provoking particular ire in America, whose citizens accounted for many of the Lockerbie deaths.

www.economist.com...

The decision to release al-Megrahi, widely denounced at the time it was announced, came under renewed scrutiny last summer when it emerged that London-based oil giant BP had lobbied the Scottish government for the terrorist's freedom. BP acknowledged it sought al-Megrahi's release through a prisoner-transfer agreement to protect almost $1 billion U.S. in oil and gas exploration interests in Libya. According to the U.S. Senate investigation, British government also "pushed for the release because of its expanding business ties to Libya." Moreover, "Scotland was motivated by pressure" from Britain, Libya and the government of Qatar to set al-Megrahi free.

www.canada.com...

Just for a goof...we have this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a633e506076c.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 23-2-2011 by jackflap because: Add information

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I'm not surprised this didn't get that much attention...

S & F

ty, Slayer, I am not surprised either, I have just about given up,

thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Another little twist,

Qaddafi has Been Tied to Rev. Jeremiah Wright

Read more: nation.foxnews.com...

JERUSALEM – As pressure mounts on the White House to intervene to stop Moammar Gadhafi's bloody crackdown in Libya, many commentators have been wondering why Barack Obama has been cautious in his criticism of the dictator after the U.S. president so fervently supported the removal from office of U.S. ally Hosni Mubarak of Egypt.

But Gadhafi has been tied to Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's spiritual adviser for more than 23 years.

The Libyan dictator also has financed and strongly supported the Nation of Islam and its leader, Louis Farrakhan. Obama has ties to Farrakhan and his controversial group.

Autographed! Get the book that finally exposes Obama and his team of anti-American radicals: Aaron Klein's "The Manchurian President" at WND's Superstore

So far, White House officials have called for an end to the violence but have seemingly ruled out any unilateral action in Libya. Despite Gadhafi's reported ordering of massacres that reportedly have killed hundreds of civilians in recent days, Obama hasn't called on Gadhafi to leave office.

Pressure has been mounting on Obama to take a tougher stand, with the chairmen of the House and Senate foreign relations committees calling on the White House to re-impose economic sanctions on Libya that were lifted in 2004.

But Obama has multiple close ties to activists who have had relationships with Gadhafi.

Jeremiah Wright, former pastor of Obama's longtime Chicago church, went with Farrakhan to visit Gadhafi in 1984.

During the 2008 presidential campaign, Wright himself noted the trip could cause problems for Obama.

"When [Obama's] enemies find out that in 1984 I went to Tripoli to visit [Gadhafi] with Farrakhan, a lot of his Jewish support will dry up quicker than a snowball in hell."

Read more: Obama's mystery links to Gadhafi uncovered www.wnd.com...

I remember this, comment

When [Obama's] enemies find out that in 1984 I went to Tripoli to visit [Gadhafi] with Farrakhan, a lot of his Jewish support will dry up quicker than a snowball in hell."

So if we add some of the other recent post i have made, an interesting picture begins to emerge.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Who better to support then a person who can benefit you financially, lets be real when was the last time we forged a friendship, went out of our way to benefit someone who does not have something to give back?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
And it took the media this long to report what everyone seems to know...... go figure.

Also.... somehow... he managed to get the executor of this bombing released to die at home?

Are we learning yet?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
And it took the media this long to report what everyone seems to know...... go figure.

Also.... somehow... he managed to get the executor of this bombing released to die at home?

Are we learning yet?

That event really made me cuss at the TV.

top topics

join