It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Prophecy; Convinced Yet?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MediaMonkey
I find your interpretation of the 'mark of the beast' to be an interesting one, and not something i had previously considered. Banking systems and the like would make some sense in a modern context. But by that definition what would that make the satan / antichrist figure if we look at it less literally and continue the metaphorical interpretation?

And who is more evil than the bankers enslaving us? What brings more evil than money? Something to ponder...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
There's no doubt now we are living in the End Days, no doubt. Anyone who doesn't think so really needs to look within themselves now. It just cannot be denied any longer. Since Pope John Paul II said we're now living in the End Times to the current Pope saying we are living in the End Times, things have gotten progressively worse. Each and every event has corresponded to Biblical Prophecy, or Hopi, Nostradamus, and Malachy, etc. The Marian Apparitions of Bayside, Medjugorje and Garabandal are unfolding PERFECTLY.

The table is being set right now for our last Supper. Soon, we'll get the Warning from God that Maitreya will take credit for and will propel him onto the World Stage. Soon we'll see 2 suns in the sky and all the while civil unrest and other breakdowns in society will be happening. When you see the 2 suns and the 3rd Temple (3rd part of Holy Trinity) being built, the clock hands grow weary and tired.

Also, UFO's will increase and Contact will be made in China --they will be picked because of the lack of Christianity there. UFO's are the Physical Manifestations of the Spiritual Battle coming to earth --the unseen to the seen --our punishment for our sins and not heeding Gods Word. The Great Delusion in the Bible is that Aliens are from other worlds. When they come they will set themselves up as Gods and people will let them in. Only those who have God in their hearts will not be fooled into thinking they're from another world when in fact they're Demons manifesting onto the Earthly Plane. I wonder why no movies or TV shows have been about Aliens being demons. They've only been portrayed as being from other worlds. Why? Surely you can figure it out.

Please think with a clear head and cooler heads will prevail. There are many elitists now who want you to be uncivil so the Constitution can be tossed aside and once that happens, it won't come back. I think we all can see that coming. After all, the Constitution has to go in order for a One World Government to come. DON'T LET THEM INACT MARTIAL LAW! This is the key my Brothers & Sisters. After 9/11 they made it VERY easy to enact it, but we must not let them. We do this by not coming unglued.

If things happen too fast for me to make a thread, I want to seriously say, God bless you all. It's been a pleasure experiencing life on earth at this same time with you all. It's no coincidence we're on earth together at this same time -God picked us all specifically to be on earth at this time for this Spiritual Battle that is about to become Physical. He picked us out for our strong faith (if you cultivated it Through The Years), your Patience as well as your Strength, Hope and hopefully, Honesty. Hopefully you tended to your gardens all the while as soon it will be time to leave the garden and go out into the wilderness.

And as my signature says...

I want to share some light with you also. Showing that there are countless people that show the same thing does not make if fact, but shows that this is hearsay. NO one has shown since... well anytime that anyone has an accurate account of any prophesy.

We live in the times of "Uncertainty" and have been for a very long time. There has been and has not been anyone since the dawn of time that has been on point. If there was we would be ducking our heads. What we need to be aware of us our need to survive as a civilization.

We cannot survive without it. For those that make claim that it is for some and not others is starting the death bed for those that do not believe in what they do.Of course there are religion that stake claim on certain prophecies, but in actuality there is no one. We are the slaves to the Earth, and always have been. It is what provides in a way that prayer cannot.

Forget your fears, we can do fo each other, forget your religion, its a way to forget our similarities, Forget your materialism, its a way to get away from your fellow man.

Coincide, help, care, love, and the get the results that you want.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

"As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man."

I hear this one quoted quite a bit yet hardly ever see the one below and think it must have some significance

For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee..-Isaiah54

which brings these to mind

And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.-Revelation

And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the LORD, I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth-Hosea

For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.-Isaiah

s'more very interesting tidbits

For if Jesus had given THEM rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.-Hebrews

For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.-Zechariah

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.-Isaiah

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.

edit on 23-2-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by Shdak

Can you define 'the Gospel of the Kingdom'?

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." Matthew 24:14:

I believe the Gospel of the Kingdom is the final sign of Matthew 24:...
...I am just not sure that what is being proclaimed is the Gospel of the Kingdom.

edit on 22/2/11 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

To me; It would be the acknowledgement of Jesus as a savior

Paul the apostle described the Gospel like this...

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time." 1 Corinthians 15:1-8

So the Gospel is the death and resurrection of Jesus.

The 'kingdom' is a theme in Matthew drawn from the book of Daniel...
...it is a reference to Jesus kingdom bringing all earthly kingdoms to an end.

What is mostly being proclaimed as the Gospel is another gospel...
...it is a performance gospel...
...which focuses on individual achievement rather than the achievment of Jesus in overcoming death...
...and overcoming all earthly kingdoms.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It is so simple the truth of Christ. So, very simple.

Love one another.

Is that so very much to ask?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
It is so simple the truth of Christ. So, very simple.

Love one another.

Is that so very much to ask?

This is Jesus new commandment but it is not the Gospel.

The Gospel is resurrection.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

The Gospel is the Kingdom of Heaven.

The way into the Kingdom of Heaven is by keeping the commandment.

The resurrection was Christ returning in spirit after the crucifixion to give his disciples the courage to carry on his work. They doubted him even to the end.

He was not in the same flesh, which is why Thomas did not recognise him. It was a different body with the stigmata.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

The Gospel is the Kingdom of Heaven.

The way into the Kingdom of Heaven is by keeping the commandment.

No...the Gospel is the person, death and resurrection of Jesus.

The Gospel is only ever His historical achievment...never ours.

The way into the Kingdom is believing this.

Gaining entry to the Kingdom by anything we do is 'another gospel'.

As Paul said in Galatians 1:6-7...
"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ."

It is this perverted performance gospel that is proclaimed not the true Gospel as revealed in Jesus actions.

The world is waiting for the proclamation of the Good News that Jesus has conquered death...
...and reclaimed the soveriegnty man lost to the serpent...
...loving your fellow man is a worthy response but it is not The Gospel.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
God and jesus are one... But only the father knows the time and place?
I know, i know, that's a weak one. Oh well... You know, seeing as we're giving opinions, here are my thoughts: over the years i have grown extremely irreligious, i still believe in a spiritual life and being true to that. Even when i read other religious texts, other than, yet inclusive of, the bible, i am generaly turned away at some point. Usually because texts 1000's of years old only hold a certain amount of information relevant to our era. But this thread deals with the bible, and the people that follow it. I'm scared of you guys, and other religions for the same following reasons: you believe that your god is the only god, and that the word of said god is available to all people. In that, that all people have free will to follow said god and that if they do not they shall be damned to hell. That scares the be-jesus outa me! 1billion people, that follow an all forgiving god subconsciously damn all us 'heretics' to hell. Whether we're aware of the bible or not? Whether we are mentaly/physicaly able to comprehend it or not? I think it is highly possible that all religion has been tainted by evil, even by the evil you call satan, and that not even your book is safe from this. I also believe that the true god would know to not interfere with his creation after setting the laws in place. What reason could he have for interfering 1000's of years ago and not continue to do so. It is my pathetic conclusion as a meer speck of a human in one of trillions of solar systems, that religion is the bastion of your fallen angels, that the past two thousand years has been your false prophet and that people, not some god, shall be, figuratively, the second coming. A time of spiritual awakening for truely positive, logical, moral and honest growth of human spirit.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

I have no intention of knocking this post, I actually like getting a refresher with threads like this. I agree with you some events are panning out as the prophets say they would. Some others we have not got there yet though. The revolts in Africa and the middle east are things to keep a close eye on at the moment as alot of end time prophecy does revolve around that area of the world obviously, but is it possible prophecy is being fulfilled by certain elitists around the world which make it look like the books are not lying? I always wonder if this could be true and that end times can be stopped unless it is truthfully out of our hands.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Nope, nope and nope.

So many times throughout history people have tried to "claim" the scripture as predictions for events.
Which events are these? The ones that the Bible "writers" ,Nastrodomas, Edgar Casey, the Myans, Aztecs???
All these predictions are the same as the ones predicted by the Hopi Indians 40,000 years ago.

One religeon will never rule the world. And the distruction of the world will come from either man's self distruction, or mother nature. That destruction is called the cycle of life.

The earth was here billions of years before us, and she will still be here billions of years after we are gone.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I read the fist line and thought what....bla bla and the end will come....HOW HAS THE END COME? I hope your not talking about 2012.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I, for one, am a firm believer in Bible prophecy. The prophecy that sticks out the most to me is "As in the days of Noah"...This can be taken all sorts of ways. Let us not forget that prophecy is not for private interpretation. The astrological alignments of Noah's days will be the same in the year 2012. So we know the days of the Son of Man are upon us, just based on that fact alone. As with the other prophecies associated with this subject, there have always been those things(wars, famines, earthquakes, etc) but for the first time in history, everyone worldwide can see it at the same time.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Eeeek, this thread is thread number 666234, bad times, bad sign.

The christchurch quake is a bad omen too, reminds me of Matthew 24:2 regarding the Holy Temple.

"Do you see all these things?" he asked. "I tell you the truth, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down."

Technically speaking of the revelation though, the third temple has to be rebuilt first.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Im not here to bash you dude but the arguement isnt exactly court worthy...

reminds me of the simpsons.
Lisa: " This rock keeps tigers away"
Homer: "yeah right lisa"
Lisa:" Well do you see any tigers around here"
Homer:" I'll give you ten bucks for the rock"

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alucard666
im goin to make this as short and as sweet as i can...i really enjoyed you post and agree with alot of it...now for the bad part there will be several people come to this thread to bash it and well you to. keep your head up and dont get mad b/c those people have to come online and do that b/c they are to scared to say stuff like that to peoples faces.
SnF for you my friend
edit on 22-2-2011 by Alucard666 because: to add

Errr, no, epic fail.
I dont come online and read that and dont repeat it to the people I know, cos im scared, haha, that's gotta be the most ridiculous thing i've heard in a while.
As for the OP.
Life is short.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Unfortunately, I'm not convinvced at all.
Now, if this had been the only prediction ever made to state such things then I would be more inclined to consider it, but as it is, there are far older myths that state a similar theme, but from older and different religions and beliefs.

As it is, I can only (from years of relevent studies) conclude the Bible to be primarily a collection of copied literature and ancient non-Christian oral tradition eventually transcribed, altered and associated with a deity for political purposes (Nicea). Because of that fact, I would do my immortal Self an unforgivable disservice were I to consider the Bible as being something to rule my life, or of any real spiritual importance.

Something to be cautious about with regards to the words in the Bible - the book itself had to be copyrighted to stop editors constantly altering the texts in the last Century. If it were truly the words of a God, I would have thought such a legal move would have been unnecessary.
This is of course ignoring the possibility that if there had to be legal action to stop people in the last Century from altering the Bible, who was there to stop people before then?

It would be a truly peaceful and secure feeling to believe a benevolent deity was watching over me, but alas, I have yet to find any inkling of genuine spirituality within the Christian religion.
I tend to see religion like a tree - the majority of the 'fruit' the tree produces, shows the health and "divine nature" of the tree. If the fruit is often rotten, that's a good indicator to me that the tree is not a healthy one.
So far, using this analogy, there's only one 'Tree' that consistantly bears 'edible' fruit - Buddhism.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorWonder

Originally posted by Shdak
YES: We are hearing about earthquakes all the time, happening in diver places too, also things happening on the other planets, and our on Sun.

You think it has anything to do with the CHRISTchurch earthquake?

could very well be. Anything and everything can be related to and intertwined to anything else in the world. Thats the beauty of LIFE
I dont believe in prophecies but I do know that people generally think they are true and actually act up or make it become true by following it blind foldedly. God Exists for the Weak Minds.
edit on 23-2-2011 by hp1229 because: Corrections.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MediaMonkey
reply to post by CaptainTrips

So obviously not only are you a meathead, but you've only just learned what cannabis is? Obviously that's why you feel the need to make your name relate to it and reference it as often as possible. Maybe when you grow up a bit you'll realise that nobody cares you smoke it and in fact that the majority of people have done or still do.

Now if you were called Captain Crack Whore or something like that at least it would be mildly entertaining and original. I suggest you go rip up some more books and smoke your cheap dope and hope that when off your tits you are actually mildly funny and likeable, because at the moment it don't look good for you mate. hugs and kisses MM xxx

That was hillarious. I just dont believe people like these still exists in our society and actually posting on the net.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke
Most of these things have been happening all the time. Thats generally why people always think its the end of days.

The other problem is if nothing happens then nothing is proven wrong and we continue waiting. I consider that most religions have to have a splash of vague to survive an attack of logic. Best thing I believe is to stop guessing and do the best with what we got; if its right we can't change it.

True. Most of the things have occurred before. It is not a rocket science. It is the probability and outcome of the actions that people take in a society. Eventually the entire herd or society follows the same actions, it is easy to predict the outcome based on their actions since they're all based on predicted outcomes such as the average age when a person is going to start paying tax or a person will buy their first house or get married or have kids or die etc etc. As the population grows and the resources become scarce and the government cannot control the outcome, there will be uprisings since everyone aspires the most basic of necessities (food, clothing, shelter etc etc) for themselves and their offsprings or loved ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join