It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby dolphins are washing up dead on the gulf

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Baby dolphins are washing up dead on the gulf

current.com

Dolphins breed in the spring and carry their young for 11 to 12 months, Solangi said.
Typically in January and February, there are one or two babies per month found in Mississippi and Alabama, then the birthing season goes into full swing in March and April.
“For some reason, they’ve started aborting or they were dead before they were born,” Solangi said. “The average is one or two a month. This year we have 17 and February isn’t even over yet.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.floridaoilspilllaw.com

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I did a search and didn't see this up there yet. We all said that we hadn't seen the end of this BP oil spew, these things will continue from now on. I know the links aren't the best, but if you do a google search there are plenty of sources.

The article states that this is out of the ordinary and there may be more to come.
Well, what do you guys think? Oil spill, earthquakes, magnetosphere? Just Nature? Fireworks and temperature fluctuations?

current.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT TO ADD: azstarnet.com...
Apparently this is their first breeding since the BP oil spill.
edit on 22-2-2011 by mutantgenius because: Another link.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
OMGoodness, this is huge, I think that as stated in other threads it is a precursor to the New Madras Fault Zone going off. Seems all the gentle souls are exiting the planet...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I don't know. I was thinking more along the lines of oil/corexit. These were all tiny babies. I imagine if there were major genetic defects they might be abandoned, although I am not sure in the case of dolphins.
One autopsy revealed trauma in two subjects, which they stated may have been from the mother trying to revive them, in that case my previous statement is null and void. Hopefully we will get some explanation as there are alot o0f activists down there.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

How horribly sad! I suspect it has to do with the BP "spill" (I think gusher more than spill) and all the corexit used to "clean up" the mess.

For example

questional.com...

Harm None
Peace
edit on 22-2-2011 by amazed because: cuz

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If these deaths relate in any way to seismic activity (or its precursors), then we can consider the idea that whales and dolphins have extremely good hearing and also apparently use "sonar" as an aid to navigation -- and link that to research that indicates sound emission prior to some quake events, along with changes in the geomagnetics in the region. These sounds, often below our own range of hearing, would in some cases be audible to dolphins.

The young in some higher species have even better hearing than adults do. This is certainly true in humans and I suspect it may be the case with dolphins. If there was some kind of seismic-induced sound that went through the water, the babies would perhaps be more affected by it than the adults. For these animals, it would be in some ways analogous to being trapped inside a very loud disco, with no way to escape.

Extreme stress is harmful and this could be a factor in inducing such stress. It could also explain why the number of adults found dead is not in line with the young; just the pitch of the sound (or its loudness) could allow for that discrepancy.

I saw it noted on another thread that there was a beaching of whales on a section of NZ coast just a couple of days ago. Were they affected by loud sounds prior to this latest, diastrous quake in that country (which struck a near-coastal region), or was there a geomagnetic disturbance?

Of course, we don't know. But it's worth considering.

Equally, I cannot imagine that corexit and other pollutants can be ruled out in this case with the baby dolphins. Again, the young of a species are often more susceptible to the effects of toxic chemicals in their environment.

Best regards and I must rush off to work,

Mike

EDIT: Looks like I might be late for work but whatever... There was also a mag 3.5 earthquake offshore from Alabama on Feb 18. They're rather rare in that coastal region. Do you think there might be a tie-in?
edit on 22/2/11 by JustMike because: Added an edit.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Well I have to initially agree with your thoughts on this matter , I was very active in the beginning of the BP disaster and was very vocal about my suspicions early on and the effects which would be seen in the bird and aquatic life which have been right on schedule.

It is so horrific to think that the criminals have been allowed to go free and to continue to destroy the earth at a steady pace. Lord help us all because it is scientific proof that in past eras we have seen the majority of all life on earth end s a reflection of what happens to our oceans. It is a diabolic plan and one which will continue to create dead zones not only in the worlds oceans but on land as well.

I meditate and contemplate our world in a different way today.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I do believe the whales that washed up in NZ may have been influenced by impending quakes and that it affected their sonar sensitivities in some way.

This being the Gulf of Mexico, I'm more inclined to think BP.

Interesting point about the young being more sensitive. From what I understand of the article, some of these babies were aborted (?) I don't know how that happens in nature, spontaneous abortion, perhaps?
From what I know of dolphins though, they are endeared to their family and will stay with their "pack" for life.

We will have to look into the life cycle of a dolphin a little more to get a real understanding of what is happening here.

The article does state that this is an anomoly, it does happen during breeding season, but not on this scale.

I don't know if you guys saw my edit in the OP, but this is their first breed since the Oil spew.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

A 3.5 within 40 miles of two major cities and only 4 miles deep, and we didn't hear a word about it locally? That is amazing and scary. We do have occasional quakes in the Gulf, maybe once or twice per year, but they are usually much farther out, and they usually garner a mention on the news. I didn't hear a thing about this one?

I agree with others though, I think this is related to birth defects, malnutrition, or low oxygen levels from the BP spill.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

A spontaneous abortion on a few per year is one thing but this is very disturbing. I also have to add the Fracking and HAARP possibilities into the mix. Hopefully with all of the activists on the scene we will soon have some real and honest concrete answers to this tragedy.

You mentioned that there was trauma or stress to the babies? I would like to know more about the physical condition of the Mothers, is it possible that they themselves have done this to save their babies from what they know is to come for their species? Do they know something which we do not?

I fear for them.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
To the Jack Hole who is going to be posting soon saying,
"This is actually quite normal/Fireworks/froze to death/chineese lanterns/natural cycles/blahhh blahhh blahhh"

Please don't. It is getting insulting at this point.
We are going through THE Earth changes we have read about for so long now.
The Earth changes that have been the topic of so many threads on ATS and other forums.
The Earth Changes that has been the subject of so many books and movies.....
It's finally here.
It is going to get worse before it gets better.

Poor Dolphins.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
*Bumping this back up because of the importance of possible posters who may miss it*

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
They pumped a LOT of corexit into the gulf, to keep the oil broken up so we could never really see just how much of it leaked. Between the oil and the corexit, there were bound to be some repercussions.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Here is something interesting. www.floridaoilspilllaw.com... I wonder if those were bottle nose dolphins? I guess these jellyfish are a main componenet of the bottle nose diet.

This is perhaps unrelated, yet still interesting as far as BP goes www.floridaoilspilllaw.com... I didn't watch the videos, so make of it what you will.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I don't know about everyone else, but every time I hear about a massive die off it almost makes me cry. This one though, really made my heart hurt literally and physically. Maybe it is because dolphins are so close to humans in their intellect and social behavior towards family and friends.

Monitor chimps.... Do you think if the primates start to disappear and we are all but certainly next will they unveil the truth then?

So incredibly heartbreaking.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

Einstein said when the bees dissapear, humans aren't far behind. Alot of indiginous peoples look to the ocean and nature for signs of coming troubles. Marine Life is a huge part of the food chain, the repurcussions from the BP spill are going to be immense.

I was just reading an article from South Africa (in the herald if you want to look it up) about tons of crabs washing ashore, from come kind of cold underwater current coming up to the surface and shocking them. Anyway the point I have to make is this, people witnessed the crabs and then the tide came in and washed them all back out to sea. How many occurences are we missing that wash right back out to sea and decompose out there, or deaths at sea that never make it up to the shores?

It really is sad. Death is part of the natural cycle of things, so death in itself is not sad, what is, is that these poor babies never got a chance to live out their existence. On the other hand, with the state of things, who knows what kind of pathetic existence they would have had to live out there in the Gulf?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Antar, I feel your right spot on with all aspects of this concerning the premature births... I have this sinking feeling those mothers, without choice have eaten food that was tainted. those babies were infected as a result, Yes Corexit!
Those with eye's see..

It will continue!

Jesse

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Heres some video, with images and reporting.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

They have done an outstanding job on this whole event. Thanks for the link and the reminder of Floridaoilspill for those not aware of the informative site.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Well going by the video those were not the types of 'activists' I was hoping were on board with this... Please don't let this get swept conveniently under the carpet and stowed away with all the other politically blackmailed findings of the New Black Gulf Coast Phenomena.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join