It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHoA! REAL Invisibility Cloak? Please Explain This Video...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The footage looks fairly old so I apologize if this has been posted previously, I performed a forum search and was unable to find anything.

It appears that the soldier in this video is in an arm to arm combat with someone/thing wearing what can only be described as an invisibility cloak.

The details are sketchy and the original source is unknown so I cannot speak for the credibility of this footage either way, nonetheless I found it intriguing.

Any thought on what this may be?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

A wire fence?
Just maybe?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Have to agree it looks a lot like a wire
fence

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

A wire fence?
Just maybe?

Umm interesting, but yes I thought the same, could be a wire fence. Who knows not good enough to be 100% one way or the other.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
to me it looks like he's just pulling a wire or rope and the reason its not visible is the low quality of the camera/video codec.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
lmao, it's definitely a guy yanking on a fence.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
and some of this guys other videos are a little suspect....aliens in trees, and a bunch of other strangities

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Wow, at first I dismissed this as the man fighting a fence or tying something - but upon watching it over many times again I am convinced that this could be a soldier in an invisibility cloak - you can see what would match the positions of a leg and arm seemingly coming out of nowhere - which could be a result of a limitation of the technology and the man appears to be getting pulled off balance. Its not a real stretch of the imagination if you ask me. We know how much money goes in to black op's and we know their technology is at least 30 years ahead of ours and we already have basic invisibility suits:

I think it would be a technology that was heavily invested in - so that TPTB can be interfering in situations with force without people being able to do much about it or even report on it.
edit on 22-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
If it is a fence he is tackling, he looks pretty silly and uncoordinated to be standing so far back.

Kinda reminds me of the movie Kung Pow- I trained him wrong... as a joke!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

You may want to check this video out. It has a more clear possibility you are looking at a soldier or someone else wearing an invisibility cloak:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Or, it's an example of what happens in a video with a low sampling rate.
The running man is moving too fast to be seen between frames. When he slows down, he becomes visible.
Explained very well here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Man, that looks quite potentially good. I want to see that without the horrible circle covering it though. Stuff like that either hides how good or bad the footage is.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

Wow, at first I dismissed this as the man fighting a fence or tying something - but upon watching it over many times again I am convinced that this could be a soldier in an invisibility cloak - you can see what would match the positions of a leg and arm seemingly coming out of nowhere - which could be a result of a limitation of the technology and the man appears to be getting pulled off balance. Its not a real stretch of the imagination if you ask me. We know how much money goes in to black op's and we know their technology is at least 30 years ahead of ours and we already have basic invisibility suits:

come now, dont be so easily persuaded. especially in vid 1. its abviously done with a green screen. or in this case a ball/cube.

edit on 2/22/2011 by mbaker90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

come now, dont be so easily persuaded. especially in vid 1. its abviously done with a green screen. or in this case a ball/cube.

I havnt said I am persuaded, I have stated I am convinced it could be an invisibility suit - In order to be persuaded I would first need to know the video's source, see a higher quality of original footage and hear more evidence from witnesses and other events that are similar. But as stated my initial thought of it being a fence was put in to question after watching it multiple times - therefore it could be and invisibility suit in my eyes. could does not = is. As for the projector on the clothing technique this is just an example that we are already looking in to the technology, the video below (the one you are talking about) shows how we are capable of bending the light around an object to make it invisible - but this is along way off being made in to a suit, but with the blackop's budget and how much more advanced their technology is (usually estimated to be 30-50 years) I do not think it is a giant leap to think they already exist considering the first PC was invented in 1971 - that indicates what their technology could be capable of since our technology follows an exponential path. Purely speculation, but not the biggest stretch I have seen transform to reality.
edit on 22-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That was a solid debunk thread. Well explained...now I put on my invisibility cloak and hide my embarrassed facial expression

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of The Philadelphia Project. To me, the man in the video looks as if he is tugging at something or away from something grabbing both of his arms. Although I doubt he is a US soldier, look at his outfit. If he is a US soldier he wouldn't need to be trying to break through a wire fence to get into an unauthorized area. I'm sure there is an easier way to get in.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Mizzijr because: Literary mistake.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
This thread reminds me of The Philadelphia Project. To me, the man in the video looks as if he is tugging at something or away from something grabbing both of his arms. Although I doubt he is a US soldier, look at his outfit. If he is a US soldier he wouldn't need to be trying to break through a wire fence to get into an unauthorized area. I'm sure there is an easier way to get in.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Mizzijr because: Literary mistake.

For people not understanding where this piece of footage was from. It is from the 1988 Ramstein, (then West Germany) Airshow disaster.

There are scores of videos on the web if you search for it.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you scroll through the images you will see that there was a razor/barbed wire fence. This was situated along the line of the public address system/speaker stand that you can see in the video.

Links to images with razor/barbed wire fence visible. As already pointed out the OP video is simply not of a high enough quality to make it out clearly. The Soldier was obviously trying to make a break in the wire in order to assist the emergency teams/recovery.

aerobaticteams.net...#

www.ramstein-1988.de...

TJ
edit on 22-2-2011 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Not again harry potter haha

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Argh, video removed by user.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
yea,it's a real life invisibility cloak. Join the us army and work your way up and one day you may get to use one. They dont just hand them out to every private.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join