It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakis Hold US CIA Contract Terrorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
www.conspiracyplanet.com...

(Feb 21, 2011) An American contract terrorist working for the CIA, Raymond A Davis, was arrested in Pakistan, after shooting two men in the back.

"Davis, a retired Special Forces soldier, carried out scouting and other reconnaissance missions as a security officer for the Central Intelligence Agency case officers and technical experts doing the operations, the officials said," reported the New York Times in a story called "American Held in Pakistan Shootings Worked With C.I.A." (www.nytimes.com...)

Outsourcing US government state-sanctioned terrorism has become Big Business because it allows government agencies to avoid US law, especially in the phony "Global War on Terrorism" conducted by the Pentagon and the CIA. The Times also reports that Davis "has worked for years as a C.I.A. contractor, including time at Blackwater Worldwide, the controversial private security firm (now called Xe) that Pakistanis have long viewed as symbolizing a culture of American gun slinging overseas.

If you follow the news article in the link, you will come to the article titled:

American Held in Pakistan Worked With C.I.A.

Since the United States is not at war in Pakistan, the American military is largely restricted from operating in the country. So the Central Intelligence Agency has taken on an expanded role, operating armed drones that kill militants inside the country and running covert operations, sometimes without the knowledge of the Pakistanis.

So again, the US government (Obama) appears to be stirring up terrorist activities once again. What is going on?
edit on 21-2-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Feb 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags added, fixed link IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Moreover, I also found this interesting article titled:

US Terrorism: CIA-Special Forces Terrorize Iraq

www.conspiracyplanet.com...

(February 18, 2011) From a Wired "Danger Room" article a year ago, on Feb 1, 2010: The Defense Department just released its king-sized, $708 billion budget for the next fiscal year. Much of the proposed spending is fairly detailed -- noting exactly how many helicopters the Pentagon plans to buy and how many troops it plans on playing.

But about $56 billion goes simply to "classified programs," or to projects known only by their code names, like "Chalk Eagle" and "Link Plumeria." That's the Pentagon's black budget.

In other words, for Fiscal 2010, the military was allotted some $56,000,000,000 dollars for programs that would also include the worst of these secretive agendas, Black Ops, black as in criminal, secret, unethical, dangerous or sinister, illegal, beyond the pale, murderous, and on and on semantically.

edit on Tue Feb 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags added IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
why did you put (obama) in brackets...

all governments of the USA have been guilty of this for decades. he is just the latest...
its a pretty dodgy situation.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Obama is in brackets as an indirect reference to the current US Government.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
"Paki's"? Really? Did I sleep in the day that became inoffensive?
I was surprised to see your Location as Canada after reading the title.
But I guess I don't have to go too far South for some old-fashioned bigotry... EH??

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

You beat me to it!
Well said!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Maybe the problem is everyone is too sensitive these days......People just need to chill out. I mean Clint Eastwood on Gran Torino is a great way to look at race, lets have a little fun with it. Me and my friends of many diff races and creeds all make fun of each other. Matter of fact most nick names have the race thrown in exp "Joey the Jew" or "Jewey" it's all in good fun.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptSplatter

Joking between friends and publicly displaying ignorance in what is supposed to be an intellectual discussion are two different things. By using such derogatory terms you only distract from the actual post and instantly display a biased, Go G.I. Joe mentality. Maybe why the thread has yet to see a flag.

Go call your friends jews fags and beaners for all I care it just seems counterproductive to include those things in a heavily-moderated, intellectual site such as ATS.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

People like you who scream at the top of your lungs are IMO the kind of people who keep the racial tensions alive and well. Thank God the younger generation don't make a big deal out of it like most of the older people who are stuck in their ways. No matter if they are fighting it or spewing it, it is still people like you that allow it to continue. Keep up the good fight but know you aren't fighting for the future of the world, you're just continuing the race hate between people with your ancient views.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
"Paki's"? Really? Did I sleep in the day that became inoffensive?
I was surprised to see your Location as Canada after reading the title.
But I guess I don't have to go too far South for some old-fashioned bigotry... EH??

If you haven't read the article, the headline is exactly that with the exception I added the "US" part to it. It was not my attention to make it racist, and you cannot assume I meant it to be that way either. In fact, I have a few friends here who are Pakistani and have come to understand their culture quite well. In Canada multiculturalism is emphasized - including in the university system too (where you have to be able to communicate with other cultures). I suspect Canadians don't get too upset over politically incorrect ways of referencing different nationalities like you do. And you say you are Canadian??? Get over it already.

That said, titles in articles are supposed to evoke an emotional response. If you don't like it, I would expect you to be a little bit more mature in your response. And by the way, what is your intention with using "eh" in your response? I actually find it funny considering you don't know what my nationality really is or where I was actually born.

But I will agree with you on one thing though, when I first read the article title I too was drawn back a bit. Yeah it kind of caught my attention for sure. But that is what got me interested in reading the article.

edit on 22-2-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: edit note

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Whether it was you or somebody else who constructed the thread title you chose, it is still an ethnic slur. I'll be the first to say that the majority of Canadians I've known do find it offensive when referencing another culture in this manner.The idea that we should just all take it easy and accept this, or that pointing out your error is the cause of racism is truly the height of ignorance. If this was done to attract attention, then you should consider yourself a troll.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

I take accountability for the title of the thread and yes I should have recognized the fact it would be offensive. Unfortunately I cannot change it at this point. What is done is done, for that that I am sorry if I offended anyone in this thread. Like I said, it was not my intention to evoke an emotional response as opposed to informing the members here that the US is involved with terrorist activities in Pakistan. That's all I was trying to point out.

I should add that I usually copy & paste article titles into thread titles. For future reference I will edit titles to ensure it offers acceptance by all ATS members.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added extra note

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Just a quick note - while I assume your use of the word 'pakis' was to save space in the title line, it is a highly offensive term in the UK, and I think that to avoid taking attention away from the subject of the thread, and having a load of race-hate argument filling the pages, that a MOD should edit the title line accordingly.

I've clicked to report it, but it's just so the edit gets done.

I also think you need to assume that most people in the world don't take kindly to a stranger using offensive and derogatory expressions in non-familiar environments like forums, news pages, or even just in conversation if they don't know you personally.

Avoid using terms like 'paki' in future. And be sure to understand why it's such a silly thing to do.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
This is second time I've see this term used on ATS in the last week or so. It is such a well known ethnic slur (especially in Canada) that I'm surprised its being debated by the OP at all and so I'm suspicious about the intent of its use. Canada's culture is known for its strong standing against racism, so to see this is disappointing.

wiktionary.org: UK, Canadian, offensive, racial slur-Paki
wikipedia.org: List of ethnic slurs

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
WOW! "Pakis" ? seriously why would you even put that in the title? I'm surprised I was even able to see this thread because I though this would be deleted, do you think you are even gonna get some serious discussion when you have that in the title?

EDIT!! I immediately posted my response before reading the thread because I seen the "pakis" title and didn't see what other people have said but I see that this didn't get any "real" discussion because of the title, what are you thinking?

edit on 22-2-2011 by roughycannon because: see above...

new topics

top topics

join