It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Sunni cleric says army should kill Kadhafi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Top Sunni cleric says army should kill Kadhafi

www.google.com

DOHA — Influential Muslim cleric Yusuf al-Qaradawi issued a fatwa on Monday that any Libyan soldier who can shoot dead embattled leader Moamer Kadhafi should do so "to rid Libya of him."

"Whoever in the Libyan army is able to shoot a bullet at Mr Kadhafi should do so," Qaradawi, an Egyptian-born cleric who is usually based in Qatar, told Al-Jazeera television.

He also told Libyan soldiers "not to obey orders to strike at your own people," and urged Libyan ambassadors around the world to diss...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/21/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I would also like this here to be noted:

Abu Dhabi - Italy's defence minister, Ignazio La Russa, confirms the dispatch of navy vessel 'Elettra' off Libyan waters. Yet to set sail from the port of La Spezia, the electronic warfare and recce ship "is being dispatched to international waters off the coast of Libya", the minister said. La Russa also did not rule out "the presence of special forces onboard." . .

Link< br />

This Libyan Uprising is getting even stranger by the hour. Now Italy is sending military ships towards Libya and Muslim Brotherhood top Sunni cleric is calling for Fatwa against Gadhafi.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/21/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Interesting Developement!! I will keep my eye on this.

Here is your link fixed:

Cleric Says Army should kill Khadhafi

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

I got it fixed.

Thank you btw.

Also I too thought this was a very interesting development that should be watched closely, especially seeing as some have placed the Egyptian Revolution at the feet of the Muslim Brotherhood.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Glad you got it fixed.

These are very interesting developments, especially the cleric being a member of the Muslim Brotherhood.

And a Recon ship no less. They will be getting some intel for sure.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2
And a Recon ship no less. They will be getting some intel for sure.

A star for you for stating the bleedin' obvious!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The last thing the people in that country need is Theocratic Rule. While I can't stand Kadhafi, I despise the radical clerics even more. The Muslim Brotherhood is not an acceptable alternative for any country. If the people think they haven't got freedoms now, it will be much worse under Sharia Law.

IRM

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Depends on the school of Sharia.

Some are more liberal than others. The Saudis employ the most strict form.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
A true muslim of the Islamic faith will read it much more differently, for he knows that under Islam, there are no heirachies or intermediaries between man and the Almighty, unlike jewish and christian traditions. Each muslim an equal to another.

What that cleric had spoken, only a learned man of the Koran, was only one person's view, perception and judgement made upon events as he saw and understood. It was only one person's view, and not necessarily others view, for no man can claim to speak on behalf to the Almighty in accordance with the Koran.

And his personal view is not wrong, for in Libya lies a mortal leader whom had no qualms in raining death upon innocents. This is no longer the work of man, but a beast, to be hunted down and destroyed before he can claim many other innocent lives, the way we would put a rampaging wild animal to sleep.

Such feelings are certainly shared by many more libyans, and certainly not confined to muslims, for in every civilised society, we humans have no place nor willing to share space with wild beasts whom will kill us at any moment.

But still, it is a judgement call, upon each's conscience to summarily execute this beast without trial, for within his beastly powers the judiciary is under his command anyway, and live with such conscience to one's dying breathe, for each is responsible for his own actions with free will given.
edit on 22-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Any further news of the Libyan army revolting? Surely they can't be just running away to other states without taking a stab for a chance to be placed upon the pedestal of history as heroes, both to Libyans and mankind?

top topics

join