It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gadaffi allegedly burns his troops to death for refusing to shoot innocent protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well from what i've found.

Dated 21st February 2011. The video is moderately graphic as it shows the apparent remains of the burned troops.

According to various websites

This footage shows the burnt bodies of soldiers who apparently refused to shoot at the protesters when they were ordered to. Warning, the footage is graphic.

www.libyafeb17.com...

www.reddit.com...

From what i've gathered, if this is indeed true. Then the troops who refused to shoot the civilians were locked in the barracks, which were then set alight. Burning the men alive.

This thread will be updated as soon as I find some concrete sources.

edit on 21-2-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2011 by mr-lizard because: edit, fixed link

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
All I can seem to find is multiple versions of the same video. Although they all seem to have been uploaded recently.

Has anyone heard about this yet?

Reddit seem to have a few discussions about it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This story gets worse every couple of minutes. I do not even know what to think anymore or how to feel.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

If it's true then he is signing his own death warrant.

It could be the incentive the Military is waiting for, if it's true.

Wait and see i suppose.

Cosmic...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
All I can seem to find is multiple versions of the same video. Although they all seem to have been uploaded recently.

Has anyone heard about this yet?

Reddit seem to have a few discussions about it.

Frankly, I think that Gaddafi already left the country, but maybe some of his sons is responsible for it... Who could know, the country is in total chaos so it's very dangerous to take things for granted.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by alomaha

I was wondering the same. Just who gave the order?

Strange one. But maybe this will persuade more of the military to align with the civilians? To further avoid more bloodshed...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It was a tactic used here in South Africa,too. They called it the necklace but the objective was to ensure loyalty towards the struggle movements. Sometimes it was handed down as punishment. Like public executions.

So as for burning your own troops... It's nothing new to Africa.
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by alomaha

I was wondering the same. Just who gave the order?

Strange one. But maybe this will persuade more of the military to align with the civilians? To further avoid more bloodshed...

it might do the opposite too, sometimes fear is an effective method of control....
hope this stops real soon, looks like carnage...

kx

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Mm not so much.. there are two "armies" in Libya.. tribal forces, which protect Eastern cities mostly, and rural areas.. mostly a militia type army really, and they have for the most part already refused to help. In fact several stories have come out with soldiers taking part in the riots.

The other "army" is African mercenaries .. and it's them that have been firing into crowds.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I agree.. I am seeing conlficting news accounts that K-Daffy has fled the country... His son went on the news stating there wil be a blood bath..

Not exactly encouraging to the people who were demanding a peaceful change in Government. Seems the Government just drew the line in the sand, and from the looks I dont think the Government will survive.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
He left the country because he feared that his own troops would "fragg" him. He is a criminal and should be captured and tried for crimes against humanity. He caught a break before and shaped up but doing this to your own people will cause someone close to him to turn on him. It only takes one. (Lesson for others in power if that happens.)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I haven't seen anything regarding this story, but I did see earlier that air force members were flying to other nations seeking political asylum.....so it could explain that.

edit: Just read on CNN the same story (no images there). news.blogs.cnn.com... They also site the youtube videos.
edit on 21-2-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There is this story circa the 20th Feb from the Daily Telegraph, which points to well paid mercenaries on the ground,

www.telegraph.co.uk... rators.html

Click on the link, and complete the word demonstrators and add dot html

According to Wiki, Gadaffi made an interview 22/02/2011 on tv to say he is still in Tripoli,

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-2-2011 by smurfy because: Add link.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Muslim Brotherhood is calling for the death of k-daffy. K-daffy is saying he will not give up and die a matyr.

I say the 2 groups should meet at the monkey bars at 3 oclock after school and get it over with.

top topics

join