It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting an End to Hoaxes & Disinfo.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I was thinking, like most people on here we get sick of getting our hopes built up, only for them to be dashed quickly. Dis-Information seems to be spreading quicker than the truth and maybe its time to start making a stand.

I'd like to hear other people views on how we can stop the likes of this but my first proposal is:

We all find the most popular youtube videos or the newest trend/craze videos on their and quickly put a stop to them. We simply post the link on here and then once its proven to be dis-info or a hoax, we get one person to type "HOAX/DIS-INFO - and then a link to this website" then the rest of us give it thumbs up until its the most popular comment on the youtube video...not only is it stopping the crap but its free advertising for ATS haha

edit on 21-2-2011 by Tangled2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

Pretty sure you can't put links in youtube comments, though you could reference the site name. Also, while I agree that it would be nice, it won't matter in the end, since people usually mirror the viral UFO and otherwise videos, meaning you'll have several that are up with people either saying "it's real, Nibiru is here!" or "it's a hoax, move on."

Kind of like when I saw a video of a silhouetted chinese kite in the sky. It had a bell-like shape with a hole in the center, and so as it rotated in the sky, it almost looked like it had a light going around it. Almost everyone in the comments thought it was a bell-style UFO and nothing anyone said would change their mind.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
You are right, dis info is everywhere. Id just like to add here for good measure if you dont believe the government is involved with this website, you are sadly mistaken. And it is true that, for the most part, this site never truly hits on the real sensitive subjects, as I've personally seen posts from people inside the vatican talking about some SERIOUS stuff get removed in two seconds.

If youre curious all that I remember is that there was something the 'insiders' called the "God particle." They have the technology to do thing you could never imagine, such as moving / relocating planets and even entire solar systems. Time travel is completely real too.

That is not dis-info.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

You gotta get people to agree that its a hoax first.

That right there is the main problem.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I disagree strongly: if you presuppose something is a hoax and don't allow it to be posted on here at all, you destroy the purpose of ATS.

This place is all about figuring out what is real, what isn't and what is in the gray areas.

Nothing no matter how "out there" it seems on the surface should automatically be excluded from informed debate, and you only get that if it can be posted on here.

Let the ATS community decide a thread's value through informed and civil debate and discussion.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here is an example of mis-information via NASA and debunking and someone who honestly thinks the other ninety five percent of us suffer from some form of mass delusion.

David Morrison NASA Space Scientist FAIL

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join