It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : from a libyan diplomat in beijing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
just in

Diplomat representing #Libya in Beijing, China just declared on #Aljazeera that he quits post & supports revolution

source

and also this

Al Jazeera: Hussein Sadeq Al Misurati, Libyan Diplomat in Beijing: There is news that Al Moatassim had fired gun shots at Saif Al Islam

source

and also said that Gaddafi has fled to Venezuela , i heard him say that just now.

im waiting for confirmation

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I doubt Gaddafi had fled anywhere yet, but I could be wrong. Why would an ambassador to/in China quit? Couldn't he have remained in his job and done more good? Sounds a bit hokey to me.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

i was thinking the same thing..this story does not ring right with me either
sec line

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Great news it seems like the whole country is turning against Gaddafi now.

I heard on the news earlier that members of the army declared themselves defectors and liberated Benghazi. Now senior diplomats are turning on the tyrant surely his days are numbered.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

actually i heard him with my own ears some 20 minutes ago on al jazeera but i had to start my PC and while on the net found that huffington post beat me to it

edit on 20-2-2011 by Dr UAE because: to add the source al jazeera

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

They had him on from Beijing? I guess my question still remains. Couldn't he have stayed and done more good? Why quit?

link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

They had him on from Beijing? I guess my question still remains. Couldn't he have stayed and done more good? Why quit?

link   
these dictators seem to be getting pushed out of business rather easily dont they?
or is it just me that feels this

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

That is a very good observation. Qaddafi will probably be a bit more stubborn than most? He's certainly being more ruthless.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by roasted aliv3

that is true , and also just heard that they captured some 30 Mercenaries from Tchad and Nigeria.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm actually surprised he has lasted this long. The interesting thing will be if the US assists there rogue agent in his escape or not. I am curious to find out whether they leave him to fend for himself or offer him some much needed asylum.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
these dictators seem to be getting pushed out of business rather easily dont they?
or is it just me that feels this

Yes, way to easy, something is fishy.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I too doubt that Gaddafi has fled to Venezuela; however, if he did, then that is one flight that will never reach it's destination.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Libyan tribe threatens to cut oil exports soon
af.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I too doubt that Gaddafi has fled to Venezuela; however, if he did, then that is one flight that will never reach it's destination.

You think he will end up in a coma?
content.usatoday.com...

www.globalpost.com...
edit on 052828p://bSunday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Aggie Man

You think he will end up in a coma?

Yeah, a coma at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. Gaddafi is the proverbial "turd" that nobody (especially the U.S.) wants to see resurface in another "punchbowl".
edit on 20-2-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have a bunch on Libya and the time line of news stories here if you're interested. Just stuff since Friday. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Libya is in NAM so Venezuela's not out of the question...it's just a matter of when. And I'd agree his flight might not make it.
edit on 2/20/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
When select squads of government forces are ordered to fire on the population, then impede medical assistance the main military forces do get annoyed, especially when there are close relations involved. I am not aware of any family links that may or may not have happened but any leader that gets on the wrong side of its military ain't going to be sticking around. It is one possible explanation for the fast exit, the story in Egypt shows how this game plays out.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Gaddafi's son talks of conspiracy

Clashes between anti-government protesters and Gaddafi supporters escalate as army unit 'defects' in Benghazi.

Saif el Islam, Gaddafi's son speaking live on Libyan television says there is a plot to break Libya into small Islamic states.

Address comes as security forces have shot dead scores of protesters in Libya's second largest city, where residents said a military unit had joined their cause.

Oh and he also blamed people taking Ecstasy

edit on 20-2-2011 by muddyhoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Gaddafi's son says "foreign conspiracy by fellow Arabs" set in motion against Libya. More soon

Gaddafi's son warns of a civil war that will burn Libya's oil wealth

Gaddafi's son confirms Libyan protesters have seized control of some military bases, tanks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join