It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could a Fatwa be issued against Gay Muslims?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The Qur'an rejects homosexuality. However, according to the BBC, www.bbc.co.uk...
“British gay Muslims are joining the global fight for equality and seeking gay Islamic marriage. The BBC's 5 live Investigates speaks to one couple about their 'nikah' - a Muslim matrimonial contract - and asks how they balance their sexuality with the Islamic faith.”
The British lesbian couple, Asra and Sarah, formed a “nikah” and even had their pet cat act as a witness.
In Islam, homosexuals (called qaum Lut, the "people of Lot") are condemned in the story of Lot's people in the Qur'an (15:73; 26:165).

"We also sent Lut: He said to his people: Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds. And his people gave no answer but this: they said, "Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!"" (Qur'an 7:80-82)

"Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males, And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing (all limits)! They said: "If thou desist not, O Lut! thou wilt assuredly be cast out!" He said: "I do detest your doings:" (Qur'an 26:165-175).

Same-sex intercourse carries the death penalty in five officially Muslim nations: Saudi Arabia, Iran, Mauritania, Sudan, and Yemen. In many Muslim nations, such as Bahrain, Qatar, Algeria or the Maldives, homosexuality is punished with jail time, fines or corporal punishment. In Saudi Arabia, the maximum punishment for homosexuality is public execution, but the government will use other punishments, i.e. fines, jail time and whipping as alternatives, unless it feels that homosexuals are challenging state authority by engaging in a gay rights movement. Iran is perhaps the nation to execute the largest number of its citizens for homosexuality. Since its Islamic revolution in Iran, the Iranian government has executed more than 4000 people charged with homosexual acts.

"And (remember) Lut: behold, he said to his people: "Ye do commit lewdness, such as no people in Creation (ever) committed before you. Do ye indeed approach men, and cut off the highway? - and practice wickedness (even) in your councils?" But his people gave no answer but this: they said: "Bring us the Wrath of Allah if thou tellest the truth." (Qur'an 29:28-29).
If the Imams turn their head to this violation of the Qur’an, they could be inviting the wrath of Allah. Remember, it wasn’t long ago when Islam became enraged with a cartoon references to Allah, with many Imams issuing fatwa’s against the perpetrators.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I hate religion and I think gays and lesbians should be allowed to believe and do what they want, BUT......... if you are going to be a muslim, christian, whatever then I don't think you can pick and choose which parts of the fairytale you feel like believing in.

In for a penny, in for a pound.

or you're a hypocrite and not really a muslim, christian, etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electric Crown
I hate religion and I think gays and lesbians should be allowed to believe and do what they want, BUT......... if you are going to be a muslim, christian, whatever then I don't think you can pick and choose which parts of the fairytale you feel like believing in.

In for a penny, in for a pound.

or you're a hypocrite and not really a muslim, christian, etc.

So do you think a fatwa will be issued?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I dunno, but I think there should be a fatwah against Taco Bell in one's digestive tract.
Would be more useful.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
I dunno, but I think there should be a fatwah against Taco Bell in one's digestive tract.
Would be more useful.

Ooooh, the thought of that makes me want to go take a big fatwa.

But seriously, if the Imams get behind this the way they got behind the cartoons and facebook thingy, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they do issue a fatwa.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Wasn't the President of Iran giving a speech last year at a college somewhere and a student asked him how they dealt with homosexual rights in Iran? And his response was "We don't have homosexuals in Iran".Well the room erupted in laughter, but he wasn't kidding and also he is correct.They don't have homosexuals in Iran because THEY EXECUTE THEM.......

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
Wasn't the President of Iran giving a speech last year at a college somewhere and a student asked him how they dealt with homosexual rights in Iran? And his response was "We don't have homosexuals in Iran".Well the room erupted in laughter, but he wasn't kidding and also he is correct.They don't have homosexuals in Iran because THEY EXECUTE THEM.......

And isn't that ridicules! To murder someone for this.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is very good information Violator, and interesting to me.

It's interesting since I saw quite a bit of homosexual overtones among the Saudi population during my time in the middle east. This was during my four tours there with the USAF between 1990 and 1996. A total of 22 months of my life were spent in the Kingdom, Kuwait, Bahrain and Quatar. My perspective on this really only accounts for my experiences with the Saudis and not any other Muslim population.

Could a Fatwa be issued towards Gay Muslims? Absolutely.

Will there be one specifically for that? Not likely.

Why do I say this? First, let me preface this with some background. Nearly every Saudi I met or talked to or did business with was a first class gentleman. Extremely generous and kind to me. I had dinner with them in their homes, drank tea and beer with them (I will get to that later, Saudi Arabia is a dry country), and bought some very nice rugs from them.

From my perspective, the Saudis have the same two major vices Americans have, Sex and Alcohol. Don't get me wrong, I indulge in my fair share of both. The problem lies in that one, alcohol, is both illegal and taboo and the other, sex, is illegal and taboo outside of marriage. So what do the Saudi's do? They go to Bahrain for alcohol, and provide a black market for it in their own country. I've met the equivalent of moonshiners in Saudi Arabia. For a country boy like me from North Carolina....I was shocked and both proud of them at the same time.

As for sex, well, you know how raging hormones are as a teen. And if the only access you have to other people as a male Saudi teen is your male friends, they experiment. A number of them told me they do. A number of them have hit on me. Rejected by me. But it happens when your only outlet is another male.

That is one reason why Saudi men love to travel and get outside the boundaries of the Kingdom. They can act on their impulses with women, paid for or not.

I couldn't count the number of times I was asked by Saudi men while I was there if I knew an American woman stationed with me that "would" for some money. Sometimes alot of money.

I'm not intending this post to disparage the Muslim community. I very much enjoyed my time there and with them. Just telling it like it is from my perspective.

edit on 20-2-2011 by tsawyer2 because: grammar

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

That's a great perspective that you have here. Because of the harshness of Islam, they almost force the raging hormones to select young boys. Hmmm.
I don't know about that one. I can only speak for myself, I could be having a Perfect Storm of hormones, and I would never look a another male for "comfort".
But back on tract.
I've read the Qur'an, and even quote it for the above reference. The muslims themselves ask for the wrath of Allah if they participate.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
reply to post by tsawyer2

That's a great perspective that you have here. Because of the harshness of Islam, they almost force the raging hormones to select young boys. Hmmm.
I don't know about that one. I can only speak for myself, I could be having a Perfect Storm of hormones, and I would never look a another male for "comfort".
But back on tract.
I've read the Qur'an, and even quote it for the above reference. The muslims themselves ask for the wrath of Allah if they participate.

But then again at least you have girls to look at, me too. Those teen male Saudis do not. Imagine if the only people you have contact with were of your same sex.

Yes, they ask for the wrath of Allah, you know your Quaran better than I, but you know no matter what book you subscribe to or none at all (like me), hormones can make us defy God's will sometimes.

It's called sin. And I have yet to have God strike me down when I have.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

With the current uprisings, Islam maybe in trouble.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Of coarse the President of Iran is as crazy as Momar Gadfly of Libya.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Has MoMaar Gadfy of Libya denounced homosexuals the way Akmadidajob did of Iran?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Seems like my postings are not making it to the board.

top topics

join