It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Above Top Secret a Public Debunking Website for the Government?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
As the most active conspiracy website on the internet, with the most relevant members and most compelling gathering of evidence and men in the "privy ". I would propose that it is obviously the most infiltrated by Government intelligence.

I am not saying this is a good or bad thing. I am saying are they debunking TOO much, do they call TOO many hoaxes? It's almost obvious. The number of skeptics the evidence presenters on this website is easily 10-1. With recent articles mentioning software that would allow 1 government agent to control many online identities to corroborate and collaborate stories and debunks. This is poisonous to idea formation because we will never be on the right trail to anything! Even if someone were right!

With the latest uprising in the member community of ATS's [HOAX] forum being hypocritical and the agreement that there are too many members simply calling a debunk without any proper form of support, that it flood threads and other threads are used to drown important threads to the bottom of piles.

There is even humorist within the ATS community that jokingly refer to low quality UFO footage as: chinese lanterns, swamp gas, night time skydivers, ect ect. As humor is the only weapon versus the barrage of BS you must sort through on one legitimate thread.

Sometimes the debunkers are so good they will have you questioning some pretty astounding CGI. It makes you wander though who these anonymous ATS users are with their college degrees in CGI BSing. And also who is this group of people that sit around crafting elaborate UFO and alien footage, and what program are they using?

Reference to high ranking military men with long standing careers is the most frustrating on the ATS forums. If a man whose entire career has been within the Government and has the knowledge to form an intelligent opinion on something, then why is every single one explain with the following: misunderstanding or misinterpretation, lying, New World Order, wheres the evidence?, ect ect

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I have often thought about this myself.

But that seems to be alot of effort put forth by a government that really doesnt care what the public believes. The Governments that control us have nothing to hide really. They know what kind of power they hold, and conspiracy theorists probably havent even scratched the the surface when it comes to cover-ups and general big bad behavior.

They have no stake in the outcomes of our opinions.

I think you have also narrowed your veiwpoint a bit. You seem to think that people debunking have an agenda, when maybe..they dont. maybe they simply have one of those personalities that wants to oppose everything? Maybe they are some of those nasty people you deal with daily that has to poop on someone else's day to be happy.

Theres alot of factors in your claim...im just being objective...which is my personality.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
No. ATS is a privately owned and ran website and the owners have no affiliation with the government what so ever.

The staff are just regular people with regular lives who have volunteered there time to help manage the site...

Honestly I don't quite get how anyone can believe such a thing... I mean, the staff and owners make no attempts to hide. You can send any of them a U2U at any time you please... Feel free to do so and ask them anything you want... They will be more than happy to help you out as best they can...

Honestly, the closest thing to a government worker in the staff, is one mod who is a cop... But if I am not mistaken, they work for the city....

This site is privately owned, and is not the owners only website either.... There have been others. This one just happens to have been the most successful....

Sometimes I wish that people here could see behind the staff curtain, for just five minutes... If they could... They would see, staff, discussing the appropriate action to take on any given rule violation... That's it...

That is the truth about what goes on behind the curtain. Just every day people, with every day lives and families. Each with different beliefs, religions etc....Volunteering their time, to help manage the site.... Nothing more, nothing less.

And I know this because I was a mod here for nearly 2 years.

On top of that, your idea doesn't make sense anyway... This is a member driven site. Which means the content is completely dependent on the members who post.... For it to be a debunking site... Well... They would have to change it from a member driven site, to a government staff driven site... And it is not that...
edit on 20-2-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

you're clearly very narrow with your view. assuming the government would need to somehow be owners of the website.

this is a public website oh so not bright one. meaning anyone can for many number of accounts they want. you for example are probably a robot user. how can you overlook the fact that a government agent could make an account here and gather intelligence from user 2 user threads

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Does anyone else have any problems with virus' and other type malware fromt his websit? I have antivirus software loaded and it's supposed to be the best...but I was here a few weeks ago and contracted some kind of intrusion on my system...I ended up having to completely reload the whole system and format the hard drive to get it back operational...my software could identify the virus, but couldn't innoculate my system...I did a live virus update for the software to make sure I had the most current version and it wouldn't get rid of it...anyone else have any kinds of problems like this?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

I have seen lots of "debunkers" who seem to only post on certain topics. I think it would make perfect sense for anyone who supports a certain agenda to bombard the internet with their information, or discredit information provided by others.

I have no proof that the US government is monitoring this site, but it would be a safe bet.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
For a full list of debunkers and disinformation agents, follow the link below:

Debunkers & Disinformation Agents

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
i just want to reiterate:

i don't mind the government being on the website, I just want some truth to get out .

(for those of you noticing I fear for my safety and refuse to say anything rebellious)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

Have you ever been treated for schizophrenia or any similar mental illnesses?

Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean that he is really a government agent trying to
"disinform" everyone.

If you think that the government has people on this site monitoring it ( the government could care less about people's opinions on these subjects and could not control opinion if they wanted to), then you are mistaken.

There is many things that the government does that you have absolutely no idea about, and you would never even guess. ATS never came close to touching on really sensitive things from what I've read.

My father is a retired government "disinfo" agent", as most of you people would call him that. If you ever get a chance to speak with one, I highly recommend you do. They will not denying the sketchiness of their jobs. Coming onto websites like this and spreading lies and chaos is not on their agenda, especially when there is a big messed up world out there nowadays to deal with.

Do they do questionable and immoral deeds sometimes? Yes.... but not in the context you are proposing.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by 9Cib27

I have seen lots of "debunkers" who seem to only post on certain topics. I think it would make perfect sense for anyone who supports a certain agenda to bombard the internet with their information, or discredit information provided by others.

I have no proof that the US government is monitoring this site, but it would be a safe bet.

Those would be the personalities I mentioned. Maybe they just want to be the wrench in the gears on a topic they are passionate about.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Apparently, John Lear thought so. That is why he left ATS years ago and never came back.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

you're clearly very narrow with your view. assuming the government would need to somehow be owners of the website.

this is a public website oh so not bright one. meaning anyone can for many number of accounts they want. you for example are probably a robot user. how can you overlook the fact that a government agent could make an account here and gather intelligence from user 2 user threads

I am a robot? Wow... and you call ME narrow minded and not so bright. Hey, feel free to check out my facebook page in my sig...

I really hope you were joking in suggesting I am a robot.... If you were serious... Please get help... Because thinking that people are actually robots... Not such a healthy way to think...

How can YOU ignore the fact that I worked behind the scenes at ATS for nearly 2 years? I know the ins and outs of this site far better than you. If you choose not to listen to the TRUTH and remain in the dark... Well.. What can I say? Deny Ignorance.... have fun in the dark though.

As I said before, this site is MEMBER DRIVEN. Meaning that the content of this website depends on YOU. Yes YOU. The members! And honestly, I must ask, why you think you are so special, that the government would even care what you think about Aliens or ghosts, or 9/11 or anything else? Seriously? Why are you so special that they would care? Why am I so special that they would care?

This is a private website and the content is member driven... If you think you see dis info. Post what you think the truth is and back it up with proof... Or not... That is up to you as a member.... One who likes to call names apparently... :/

have you even considered the security this site has set up in order to prevent hacking, spying etc? No, you clearly don't. The information posted on the public part of these forums are available for all to see... Sure, even some one who works for the government can come here and read... If you don't like the fact that anyone can read what you say, I suggest you don't post...

Yep, anyone can post here and anyone can read here. Is the government sticking their nose into the site and recording everything we write? no.... We are not that special... YOU are not that special... Unless you are currently breaking federal laws, I doubt they are spying on you....

Good day to you. I am off to recharge my robot batteries.

edit on 20-2-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
Does anyone notice that the first two posted completely tried to debunk my thus said statement?

That being said, obviously my statement is true that there is too many debunkers on ATS

Poster #2 is clearly government psyops. Post #1 may just be a jerk

I hope you are kidding when calling the posters those silly names. Sounds to me you don't like it when people don't agree with you.

What is it with you people on here who have a problem when someone doesn't agree with you. It seems to me that you would rather everyone just agree with you than not.

ATS is not a government site, get over it. Do government officials post on here? Probably so. Do I care? No.

We need debunkers otherwise the forum would be some silly joke full of 2012 Nibiru Reptilian shape shifting crap.

ATS mods and admin are people just like you or I posting on a forum they have an interest in. They aren't some super secret govt group hell bent on debunking everything that comes to the site. The problem is people want to believe EVERYTHING they read and well you shouldnt. Debunkers are here to help and if you don't like what they have to say then just ignore it and move along. There are many members on here who I don't agree with but am I gonna have a hissy fit over it? No.

I like having the CGI and photo experts on here. Their opinons are needed esp if that is their specialty. That is what I like about ATS. There are many wonderful minds on here all trying to do one thing...Get the truth out and well sometimes the truth hurts.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

All of those people joined at the same time end of june beginning of july you just cut out a section by date come on dude. Guarantee theres a fed here just waiting to profile someone.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by teotwawki77
reply to post by Aggie Man

All of those people joined at the same time end of june beginning of july you just cut out a section by date come on dude. Guarantee theres a fed here just waiting to profile someone.

Actually, that is just the first page of the entire ATS membership. I was being sarcastic...of course, sarcasm doesn't come across so well in the typewritten word.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I somehow skipped over this post!!

How am I a jerk??!!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join