It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in Egypt was Planned..by US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Alright ATS, I had an Idea. However, I need help shedding light on motive. All threads here are interactive, however, the end portion of this one is entirely to be written by YOU.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I think of change, and when I think about governments and change, I can only think of a couple of words right off the top of my head.

Waiting.
Time.

It often takes quite a bit of planning, and quite a bit of time to make any type of impact in the workings of a government. Obama actually says this a lot : "Things cannot change overnight". They cant. I understand that. There is red-tape, motions, laws, hearings, writings, signings, changes, amendments, disagreements.....

What about two weeks? Thats not over night!

Seems like a pretty short period of time, however? I think so.

I understand that thousands of people in the streets tends to speed things up just a bit. I also understand that as an average citizen and foreigner, I dont particularly "get" all of the details when it comes to Egypt's government and their operations. Nor the recent history.

So, of course...I looked it up.

Some Backstory

Egypt, since the fifties are "technically" a Republic.

republic is a state under a form of government in which the people, or some significant portion of them, retain supreme control over the government.[1][2] The term is generally also understood to describe a state where most decisions are made with reference to established laws, rather than the discretion of a head of state, and therefore monarchy is today generally considered to be incompatible with being a republic. One common modern definition of a republic is a state without a monarch.[

This is a lose term when considering the events of earlier. And especially considering their 2005 Elections.

After the 2005 presidential elections observers alleged government interference in the election process through fraud and vote-rigging, and police brutality and violence by pro-Mubarak supporters against opposition demonstrators.[50] After the election, Mubarak imprisoned Ayman Nour, and the U.S. government stated the "conviction of Mr. Nour, the runner-up in Egypt's 2005 presidential elections, calls into question Egypt's commitment to democracy, freedom, and the rule of law."

So just in case you havent been hit over the head with this information already ( I wasnt ) then at least we are somewhat up to speed with why people would be on edge in this country. And also, how long have had to plan an uprising.

The American mainstream media seemed to think that Twitter, and Facebook helped to organize the events. But what if this was something else was set into motion, a long time ago?

The Info
Maybe..
Obama met with the Muslim brotherhood members here in the U.S., according to an article in Worldnetdaily.

Who are the Muslim brotherhood?
The CIA seem to think this:

Muslim Brotherhood (technically illegal) note: despite a constitutional ban against religious-based parties and political activity, the technically illegal Muslim Brotherhood constitutes Egypt's most potentially significant political opposition; President MUBARAK has alternated between tolerating limited political activity by the Brotherhood and blocking its influence (its members compete as independents in elections but do not currently hold any seats in the legislature); civic society groups are sanctioned, but constrained in practical terms; only trade unions and professional associations affiliated with the government are officially sanctioned; Internet social networking groups and bloggers

CIA.gov

Sounds kinda shady, huh?
To make things shadier, the content of this meeting was to be kept secret, per request of the meeting attendees.

The Muslim Brotherhood is considered a Sunni-dominated fundamentalist Islamic organization that has spawned numerous factions across the Arab world that have engaged in terrorist activity, including the Palestinian rejectionist group Hamas. It was also the main opposition bloc to Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, whose regime is viewed favorably in the West due to its adherence to the thirty-year-old peace treaty between Israel and Egypt.

The brotherhood was invited to Obama's speech in Cairo.

Feb. 4th, 2011 :

Obama fundraiser group Code Pink issued an emergency appeal on Thursday for thousands of dollars to help the group overthrow the Egyptian government of Hosni Mubarak. Code Pink, which has a history of working with enemies of the Egyptian government Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood, said in the appeal it wanted to raise $5,000 to fund "the next big uprising" against the Egyptian government on Friday. The group has made nine trips to Egypt in the past two years as part of a campaign to undermine the Egyptian government and the blockade against Hamas-controlled Gaza. The headline for the appeal published at the Web site of Code Pink's fundraising partner Democracy in Action reads: "Help us raise $5,000 in emergency funds today to support the Egyptian revolution!" Code Pink co-founder Medea Benjamin posted on Twitter from Egypt at 3:19 a.m. Cairo time on Friday that more than $10,000 had already been raised.

Code Pink- Obama, Hamas, Muslim brotherhood link

Apparently, also...Obama received a generous amount of campaign donations from the Gaza strip? Link

The Theory

Basically...I guess Im saying, that is the USA sticks his nose in the business of other countries pretty much out of sheer habit these days, why not Egypt?
We systematically raid other countries, at the cost of the taxpayers. What if we could make a move on a nation WITHOUT invasion? What if we could arrange the disarming of a government by setting some wheels in motion behind the scenes? What a cheap infiltration!

What if after they gained their freedom, we could work a permanant way into their functions?

Your Job, ATS

What is the motive? What do we have to gain from Egypt?

Is there any other info pointing to the United States being responsible?

Am I stating the obvious?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Also, to add:

If anyone has the wikileak cable about the USA causing the uprising, please post. I cant seem to find it.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero

Is there any other info pointing to the United States being responsible?

Am I stating the obvious?

Cool thread. A revolution is what the U.S has to gain from watching these uprisings. I could be wrong but just maybe they are trying to shield us from watching things like this so we stay docile and not get any ideas. $&F

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

So, using it as sort of a "training bra" for revolution?

Sure, why not?

It had the opposite effect on me however. It made me think : "Wow, with technology, the eyes of the world are upon this nation...no way they will hurt the people revolting!"

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

Good point. The media always had a way of hiding the truth like the invasion of Iraq. I remember they told us to answer questions in a way that wouldn't reveal certain facts. Only true way to learn about a country is to be there and experience it for yourself. This I learned the hard way.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Here's more for you. I just posted this in my other thread (Why Was the CIA Blind in Egypt?) but it applies here as well....

"American globalization is worse than military dictatorship, because it rots the soul."

"Color Coded" Egypt; Did US-backed NGOs Help to Topple Mubarak

Mike Whitney----Do we know whether foreign agents or US-backed NGOs participated in the demonstrations in Tahrir Square? Could they have played a part in toppling Mubarak?

K R Bolton--The revolts in Tunisia, Egypt and as they are spreading further afield have all the hallmarks of the NED/Soros “color revolutions” that were fomented in the former Soviet bloc states and in Myanmar and elsewhere. They all follow the same pattern and many years of planning, training and funding have gone into the ridiculously called “spontaneous” (sic) revolts.

The organizations that have spent years and much money creating revolutionary organizations in Tunisia, Egypt and elsewhere include the National Endowment for Democracy, USAID, International Republican Institute, Freedom House, Open Society Institute, and an array of fronts stemming therefrom, including: National Democratic Institute for International Affairs, Center for International Private Enterprise, and the American Center for International Labor Solidarity.

Google's Revolution Factory - Alliance of Youth Movements: Color Revolution 2.0

It is hard, considering these men's affiliations, to believe that the change they want to see is anything less than a generation that drinks more Pepsi, buys more consumerist junk, and believes the United States government every time they purvey their lies to us via their corporate owned media.

While the activists attending the Movements.org summit adhere to the philosophies of "left-leaning" liberalism, the very men behind the summit, funding it, and prodding the agenda of these activists are America's mega-corporate combine. These are the very big-businesses that have violated human rights worldwide, destroyed the environment, sell shoddy, overseas manufactured goods produced by workers living in slave conditions, and pursue an agenda of greed and perpetual expansion at any cost. The hypocrisy is astounding unless of course you understand that their nefarious, self-serving agenda could only be accomplished under the guise of genuine concern for humanity, buried under mountains of feel-good rhetoric, and helped along by an army of exploited, naive youth.

The Arab Revolutions and Us: Start Quaking in Your Boots!

In his latest debate on the France 2 TV channel, discussion show anchor Yves Calvi expressed alarm about the possible rise of Islamism in Egypt and Tunisia. However, here we will consider how, if we leave the emotionally-charged media coverage to one side and attempt to analyse the contradictions between the West and the Arab world rationally, these revolutions are less of a threat than an example for us Westerners to follow. We have the opportunity to create a fairer world. Why be afraid?

edit on 2/20/2011 by ~Lucidity because: fixed parens

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Awesome stuff!!! Thanks!!

Just more pieces of the puzzle....

Why wouldnt we want to be the biggest influence on the world? Everyone likes to get their name out there!

edit on 20-2-2011 by InertiaZero because: to edit stuff, duh.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero

My posts from another thread:

The CIA and Mossad orchestrated the whole thing.

The 80+ year old President was going to be on his way out, the protests were not only allowed it was all orchestrated, The Military was always in control and was going to be in control afterward.

The plan was to inspire similar protests in other Arab nations, especially in Iran, and so far it has worked.

The illusion of democracy can provide many advantages for Israel and the West... When "the people" affect real change in these nations opportunities become available for covert operations and especially infiltration as well as implementation of more desirable agendas.

Egypt has always been an ally of the US, bought and paid for, and though things seem to have changed, it is all a show.

Enjoy the sequels , coming to news broadcasts everywhere, and live on twitter, Facebook.. etc.

The Iranians believe the US was behind the last protests there, and that the CIA was attempting to infiltrate their government....

Their paranoia was justified.

That plan failed, so they have stepped up the production, bigger budget, broader objectives.

So far, its working flawlessly.

Of course this is not only about Iran, they would like to see this happen in many ME countries, though after one failed attempt already in Iran, this plan has a better chance, the people may be less willing to give up this time.

It's been a great show so far.

Better for them to continue these covert operations in the ME, than to be dropping bombs... Though it's tough to figure out which is more sinister.

Fear what can happen when some of these regimes lose what little restraint they have left.

We are throwing gasoline into the fires over there, in the hope that the right people get burnt along with the collateral victims in these elaborate productions. So which really is the lesser evil?

I suppose we will see soon enough.

You underestimate the CIA, and the time, efforts and costs that has gone into orchestrating all of this.

Worse yet, many will fail to see this as a last all out effort to change these nations before there is no other option but all out ME war.

It hasn't been easy holding the Israeli military back, but if they can bring about change this way without war, despite the costs it is worth while.

The mother of all secret, covert ops.

I suppose it is easier for people to believe that this is all coincidence, or that it is some divine hand of God making all of this happen.

Misinformation, and disinformation are critical at this point, very high up on the list of priorities. Propaganda, and news media restrictions, internet controls, and spreading a new manufactured "popular" public opinion through the region is essential.

This may well be the most elaborate covert war in history, when all is said and done... Failure this time will make a broad ME war virtually certain.

From here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Need I say more?

I can't.

edit on 20-2-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I would hate to discredit the efforts of the people, should assumptions be wrong, but I certainly see your point. If it was orchestrated, then the cover-up being so...emotional and inspiring-was brilliant.

The invisible war idea was exactly what I was getting at. Why fight if you dont have to? Why waste money and resources?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
reply to post by InertiaZero

Good point. The media always had a way of hiding the truth like the invasion of Iraq. I remember they told us to answer questions in a way that wouldn't reveal certain facts. Only true way to learn about a country is to be there and experience it for yourself. This I learned the hard way.

My fiancee' served in Iraq, and has told me alot about being over there. I believe it.
I certainly enjoyed your posts from your time over there.

I believe the same thing with this Egypt deal. I think the media is herding us away from the truth, but a little digging will show us there is something else going on.

new topics

top topics

join