It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Statue of Liberty the god Mithras?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I've seen and read that the Statue of Liberty has all kinds of historic symbolism: from general liberalism to manumission.
Often it is called the "goddess of liberty".
However, it appears the "goddess" is indeed a man!
The head is that of the Roman/Persian savior sun-deity Mithras.
For me there is no question about it - the 7 distinct rays are those of Mithras.
How many Americans know who Mithras is?
Why do they always flash this pagan head on so-called "Christian" TV?

Mithras was either associated with his seven rays, or the red cap that became the symbol of the French Revolution (and, apparently Santa Clause).

Anyways, here are some pictures of Mithras (Sol Invictus - the sun-god undefeated) and the Statue of Liberty.
It's undeniably Mithra - but why is it so hidden?
I mean so what?
Mithra and Jesus are solar saviors, so why the obfuscation?
(See especially pics 18-19)
www.cueni.ch...
edit on 20-2-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
That's an interesting point. I hadn't previously considered the Mithraic symbolism. The statue of liberty appears to be an amalgamation of several ancient deities. Isis quickly comes to mind, as well as Athena, and as you have shown, Mithras as well.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Wow, that's amazing. The Statue of Liberty really does look a lot like Mithras. Uncanny.

Not that I know anything about Mithras but I've bookmarked that link. I'll do a little reading later.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The "Statue of Liberty" has been labeled after several goddesses. Hera, Ishtar, Isis, Diana, etc.

But the reason for the obfuscation is quite clear to me. Many are still under the notion this country was founded on biblical and christian principles. And have some noble idea about America being the bastion of freedom and liberty.

So the statue of liberty, along with countless other works in, on, and around public buildings and properties in this country are either not mentioned at all, or are given sterile names to appease the masses, and keep the delusion intact.
edit on 20-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The main inspiration for the Statue of Liberty was the Colossus of Rhodes, a massive bronze statue of the Greek sun god Helios. Indeed, she was built to be about half-again as tall as the original Colossus is believed to have been and is most definitely designed to evoke the same sort of deity-like imagery, cultural memory and feelings that the Colossus and other images of ancient gods were meant to. She is a Goddess of Liberty for a new age where that is held as one of the highest ideals that mankind can aspire to. When the Chinese Tienanmen Square demonstrations happened they erected a papier-mache and foam statue called Goddess of Democracy, clearly inspired by the Statue of Liberty, though with other influences, as well.

Doing a little digging, there are apparently believed to be connections between Helios and Mithras, as they are gods from two different relatively near-by cultures that might have their origin in a shared cultural root, or might have been translated from one culture to the other at some early point. If this is so, then similarities between the Statue of Liberty, which is based on a very real and well documented statue of Helios, could easily show many connections to the god Mithras.
edit on 2/20/2011 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It is my understanding she is modeled after the sculptors mother.

Symbolically, she represents Lucifer. Not Lucifer as written in the Bible or known as Satan. Lucifer "The Light Bearer."

Brad Meltzer's Decoded did an episode devoted to the statue. It was one of the better episodes, if you ask me, with plenty of facts.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
what wiki has to say about Mithras: Mithra is also a judicial figure, an all-seeing protector of Truth, and the guardian of cattle

Guardian of cattle can be taken many ways.. my and your idea of guarding the cattle(us) would be to educate, inform, protect, etc.

Their meaning of "taking care of" might be wiping us out "for our own good"

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 20-2-2011 by Versalife because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versalife
what wiki has to say about Mithras: Mithra is also a judicial figure, an all-seeing protector of Truth, and the guardian of cattle

Guardian of cattle can be taken many ways.. my and your idea of guarding the cattle(us) would be to educate, inform, protect, etc.

I would take "guardian of cattle" to mean a guardian of wealth. In a lot of these ancient cultures, cattle was one of, if not THE most important forms of property and wealth. In ancient Celtic culture, cattle was central to their society and estimations of power, prestige and wealth. One of the most famous surviving ancient Celtic epic tales is called the "Táin Bó Cúailnge," which means "the driving-off of cows of Cooley" or "The Cattle Raid of Cooley," which is all about one Celtic Queen trying to steal a particularly potent stud bull owned by another Celtic ruler.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
wow that is crazy, what a resemblance, it definately is the god Mithras

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Guys, I've read a lot on Mithras the last couple years or so, and I never heard this one mentioned. All I have to say is WOW. I'm dead certain that the folks at the top (those %1 making 80% of the money) are trying to pattern the infrastructure of things after whatever it is they believe Mithras stood for. If they think he stood for truth, justice, and the Mithraian way, fine - I just hope that's what it is, and not some kind of oligarchic nightmare that'll descend upon us in the future.

The Statue of Mithras: rays of hope, or swords of Damocles?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RonPaulForPrez

This one's pretty good symbolism - it goes with all the other great ones, like the Federal Reserve building being patterned after a Mithraic temple, and of course, the bull on Wall Street (Mithraic followers used to slaughter bulls on the temple floor), the Bank of England being built ON TOP of a Mithraic temple... If you ask me, those top 1% are total Mithraic cultists. Whether they subscribe to the beliefs or not is besides the point, they want someone to *think* they subscribe to it, and that's enough. Question is, who do they consider to be the bull being brought to slaughter on their temple floors?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Sorry, I got a little off-topic on my last post, but I really do think that someone's onto something here with the Statue of Liberty. It's uncanny, and would stand to reason. Anyone know of any other little-known Mithraic symbols? Here are the ones I'm aware of:

- The Federal Reserve Building
- The Bank of England
- The 'Charging Bull' on Wall Street
- The Greek Parliament buildings

-J

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Anyone see this? Apparently the USPS put the wrong statue of Mithras on their stamps...

www.thestar.com...

Maybe there's a reason for it? Is the Vegas Mithras a better representation, or something?

-J

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If this is true, then this bloke's really got a hard-on for Mithras:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

join