It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wis Doctors Hand Out Fake Excuses to Protesters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Yes, I do.
The doctor in the o.p.'s video is Lou Sanner.
He is a doctor with U.W. Health.
His picture, from U.W.Health website, is in a post right above this one.

Feel free to see this Link
and this one.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Wisconsin's Real Doctors and Their Fake Sick Notes for Protesters

(The author)Ford Vox is a brain injury physician and journalist based in Boston. His writing on health care policy and medical science has appeared in diverse media outlets including Reuters, Newsweek, U.S. News & World Report, Salon and Slate.
www.theatlantic.com...

After viewing the videos at my request last night, Dr. Arthur Derse called me up exclaiming, "Holy mackerel! It's much worse than it looked in the paper. I'm stunned, absolutely stunned." Dr. Derse is the Director of Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities a the Medical College of Wisconsin. "When all's said and done, it's really the profession of medicine that has the black eye in this case," he says.

There is no question these doctors are masking political opinion in the white coat of the medical profession, Dr. Derse believes. "The videos are pretty damning."

It's sad, but what puzzles me most is how in the world three of the four physicians I can identify from these videos and other media reports are faculty members of UW's Family Medicine department, and one is a senior resident in that same department...What were they thinking?

Vox goes on to identify two of those doctors...

The videos, including an especially uncomfortable one featuring resident Dr. Patrick McKenna (son of a teacher!), make their intentions transparent and reveal they didn't think too far ahead...

Elsewhere in the tape UW faculty member Dr. James Shropshire signs a fake sick note for the MacIver videographer, who tells him he's from California and isn't tolerating the cold Wisconsin weather so well. Dr. Shropshire responds flatly, "So I'm concerned about that. I'd like you to take the rest of the day off today, get some rest, and try to stay healthy," and signs his excuse note...

And, it appears from this article, the Wisconsin Medical Society is aware that the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board is already looking into the issue...

I discussed what happens next with Dr. Tim Bartholow, Senior Vice President for policy, membership and professional development at the Wisconsin Medical Society. "We do know that our medical examining board is aware, and I think they need to be aware," he says. "I don't think our medical board will be reluctant to respond if they find misrepresentation."

And, this is confirmed here in a statement from Dr. Bartholow.

Vox ends his narrative with...

I've requested interviews with the four UW physicians I could identify and hope to share their side here with you.

There are four incriminating videos on Vox's page. Here is the last one. Check out that box full of blank excuse forms, at the 1:56 mark, then tell me it is a hoax and that there are only isolated incidents.

edit on 21-2-2011 by WTFover because: Added last paragraph and vid

edit on 21-2-2011 by WTFover because: spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Don't bring facts into it.......
Some people are already confused enough.
I think the point has been made by some that their agenda includes and acpets fraud and theft, if it enables their side.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

So true. I've always tried to maintain civility in my discussions here, but it is getting harder and harder. I think I'm turning a new leaf. Unfortunately, it may hasten my demise in the world of ATS.

Anyway, I'll return later and post more info I've found, including photos and identities of some of those quacks in the videos.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Specifically for those who believe themselves to be too intellectually superior to even follow a link to an article affiliated with Fox News, here is the statement on UW Health's site, regarding their initiation of an investigation.

Not a FOX News link

And, here is their facebook page, where they address a couple of posts

Not Fox again
edit on 22-2-2011 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
Yeah, you're right. Every moment Fox News broadcasts is lies.

That is not even remotely what I actually wrote but sarcastice misrepresentaion noted.

Thank you for enlightening me and showing me that I'm completely incompetent and unable to discern truth from lies. I have no idea how I've made it through 47 years of life without your guidance.

I am not sure either when you write things like this.

I will trust that the young lady has some level of journalistic integrity.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Yes he does. And, here's an apparent acknowledgement from UW Health, in an email response to Fox News, that "a few" of their doctors are "involved".

"He does?"

I am not sure how you think the WOMAN in your video looks like that man. I did ask about your video.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
reply to post by Sinnthia

Yes, I do.
The doctor in the o.p.'s video is Lou Sanner.

I was not addressing the OP but WTFover who posted a video of a female doctor.

He is a doctor with U.W. Health.
His picture, from U.W.Health website, is in a post right above this one.

Yeah, he looks nothing like the woman in the pink mittens in the video I asked about but thanks.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Doctors are sick of it as well. They are taking a stand and instead of protecting American job by Americans the entire GOP rejects want to do is to trash anyone for standing up to this draconian policy shift before us now goes through.

I am in NJ and stand with those brave souls in Madison as if you care about America you will care about these people. Anything less is UnAmerican.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

A Government workers union.... funny. The State isn't a company, Who is this Union Collective bargaining against? What are they bargaining to get more from? The TAXPAYER is who! Why is this Union entitled to taxpayer money in the form of mandatory dues from taxpayer funded salaries? And what are those dues used for? To support a "political party". As with "Corporate Welfare" recipients donating to their favorite politicians, this is the same thing and should be illegal. What "entitles" this Union to mandatory donations in the form of dues from Taxpayer funded salaries, thus taxpayer funded Union?

It is ridiculous.

So government employee's should have less rights than private sector workers? Is it anyone's business what government workers spend their wages on ? whether it be union due's,beer or carrots what has their money got to do with you?Once that money is paid to the employer it's non of your business,

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Yes he does. And, here's an apparent acknowledgement from UW Health, in an email response to Fox News, that "a few" of their doctors are "involved".

"He does?"

I am not sure how you think the WOMAN in your video looks like that man. I did ask about your video.

Wow! You're right again! When I said

Yes he does.

I wasn't addressing Oaktree's statement (which was plainly placed inside the appropriate ATS green "Quote" box)

He sure looks like the doctor in the video, now doesn't he?

You are so awesome! Maybe I should start sending all of my posts to you, for approval (censorship), before responding to others.

edit on 23-2-2011 by WTFover because: No edit

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join