It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wis Doctors Hand Out Fake Excuses to Protesters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Now this is really getting out of hand. So now Dr.s pass out fraudulent notes to union workers and it's o.k.? I guess Obamacare really does cover everything. The one Dr seemed like he wanted to throw down when he was asked about it....kind of a very telling video. I guess this is more change we can believe in.......

www.youtube.com...=49

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Left and Right supporters "rally" around a political party like a "Sports Team". If you tolerate corruption because it is "your team" then you are an idiot. If you tolerate deceit and lies if it is "Your Team" then you are unprincipled.

Too many people think of political parties like "Sports" teams..... doesn't matter if the refs are dirty or your team cheats as long as your team wins.... and both of these "sports teams" are robbing the bank but that doesn't matter as long as they "say" they want to do something "good"..... and most of you are OK with that?

If you are OK with winning at any cost...

Code: ID 10 T

Corruption and theft are the two biggest problems in this country but most do not recognize the game.

A Government workers union.... funny. The State isn't a company, Who is this Union Collective bargaining against? What are they bargaining to get more from? The TAXPAYER is who! Why is this Union entitled to taxpayer money in the form of mandatory dues from taxpayer funded salaries? And what are those dues used for? To support a "political party". As with "Corporate Welfare" recipients donating to their favorite politicians, this is the same thing and should be illegal. What "entitles" this Union to mandatory donations in the form of dues from Taxpayer funded salaries, thus taxpayer funded Union?

It is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If those are real doctors, those would be real notes, not fake notes. Oh the drama. Oh the indignation. This went viral really fast. The truth is they don't need notes.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Ummmm, o.k., so you see nothing wrong with it? The whole thing to me is a sham, the union members are grandstanding, the Tea Party is taking a hit, for what reason I still don't understand. And as usual depending upon your leanings the media is playing it one of two ways. In other words, typical US political BS. However, if those are really doctors handing out notes for sick days................then it just furthers my belief that our once great countries time really is short.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I'm not in the habit of going off the deep end of indignancy or making snap value judgments until all the quantifiable facts are in and the situation is thoroughly assessed. I am also not in the habit of judging an entire group of people based on the actions of a few individuals. To write a thorough analysis of this situation with all the variables and possibilities taken into account and considered from all angles would take far more time than I'm willing to give it at the moment, particularly when it would take far more information than is available to me. But I do find it fascinating to watch how these kinds of things go viral.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
If those are real doctors, those would be real notes, not fake notes. Oh the drama. Oh the indignation. This went viral really fast. The truth is they don't need notes.

I gather it's OK for a real doctor to make a real prescription/note for "whatever" if the prescription/note isn't really required for the malady? As long as it's a real doctor, it's a real note so they can say and do whatever as long as it fits the political agenda of those who adhere to said agenda?

I had a college roommate who was hooked on pills as was his father AND his physician. They had quite a little thing going since the real doctor prescribed the real meds and they all shared them thanks to the real doctor.

Your response is pathetic at best.

I guess it would behoove anyone with disability insurance to have their real doctor write a real note to the insurance company allowing said individual to collect?

I'm in. Can you provide me the name of a real doctor who will write me a real note? Based on your "logic" I would be doing nothing wrong.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

My response is pathetic? Okay.

Shall we discuss how many assumptions and straw people are in yours?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

reply to post by bozzchem

My response is pathetic? Okay.

Shall we discuss how many assumptions and straw people are in yours?

Ah, so if I don't name names, I'm a liar? Why not take a step back and look the premise I presented rather than attempting to be intelligent?

Break it down and we'll go point by point.

edit on 20-2-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Good god, this is the most insane and lame, limp-wristed attempt to tear down a popular movement that I have ever seen on ATS.

The protests are bad because... the protesters got doctor's notes!!

This is a fraud on the same order as getting a note so you can skip your tenth grade math exam

This is not a crime

This is not a problem

You are a madman for thinking that this really undermines the credibility of anybody involved.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Um, thanks for your input I guess?
Please let the adults continue their discussion on illegal acts commited by a not so popular group.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Who is the not so popular group? Educators? They have 75,000 people coming to their aid, do they still count as unpopular? Or did you mean doctors? Are doctors unpopular? Are doctors who give out notes for psychologically sick patients unpopular and criminal?

What crime has been committed here? Fraud? The doctors are free agents, unless I am mistaken and they are all public servants as they are in Canada, just across the lake. Doctors in America are free to give out notes for whatever reason they see fit and they are banking on their own authority as doctors. They do not represent the establishment. There is no system being defrauded here.

Unless you mean the lost hours of labour that these protesters would have put in; is this the loss? Is this the great crime of fraud? I don't see how the doctors are responsible for this lack of productivity. The teachers and their associates would be protesting with or without doctors notes. It's called a strike and it is a cornerstone of democracy to allow the people to assemble freely, with whomever they choose, to fight for whatever cause they choose.

Of course the only counter-argument to this is fascism. "Democracy is good, BUT... you shouldn't exercise your rights unless you belong to a group that I like." Or, the addendum; "this strike is against the law, therefore it is unjust because the law is always just."

There is no limit to how low the enemies of democratic action will stoop. This thread is evidence of that fact.

That is my contribution to this thread; a criticism and a denial of the main premises.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Educators? I'm ure all of the protestors are teachers........not. Thanks for your input and justifying their unethical actions, I knew the leftists on here wouldn't let me down. More of the hope and change you guys seem to love.....if this is the right thing for the teachers, what exactly are they teaching the children (the ones they are so so c ncerned about) about ethics? Seems it's just another introduction on how the left participates in the world.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Don't sidestep the issue. It doesn't matter what their occupation is. You made a stupid and meaningless claim, that they are an 'unpopular crowd,' a claim that is plainly contradicted by their vast numbers. A claim that deserved absolutely no response, yet I still gave you one.

Don't avoid the issue at hand. Tell me; what is the crime here? Can you answer that? Can you answer that at all, or do you only have partisan invectives to hurl?

But, I already know that you will not respond to me. I know this because you think that for teachers to go on strike means that they are teaching their students bad ethics. Well, apparently it is unethical to teach students that they have certain rights when they enter the workforce, rights that have been fought for and won over the decades by previous democratic (of the people, i.e. the vast number of labourers who fought and died for their right) movements.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I'm not in the habit of going off the deep end of indignancy or making snap value judgments until all the quantifiable facts are in and the situation is thoroughly assessed. I am also not in the habit of judging an entire group of people based on the actions of a few individuals. To write a thorough analysis of this situation with all the variables and possibilities taken into account and considered from all angles would take far more time than I'm willing to give it at the moment, particularly when it would take far more information than is available to me. But I do find it fascinating to watch how these kinds of things go viral.

You may be very wise to stand back and wait until all facts have surfaced about this situation. This report was also on Crook's and Liar's website. It looks like Breitbart may be up to his old tricks again.

biggovernment.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

Thanks for that link.

You know, in watching the videos, my first reaction was that this has to be a joke. Some of the "doctors" were smirking. And they're acting sort of strange. Then there's the thing where all the stories keep repeating "fake?" I almost said, what is this, some kind of silly souvenir? My second suspicion was "planted" people. I wish I had continued on with my post here and documented that.

But I guess we'll need to wait a bit longer. The school districts already know what's going on and have plans. These teachers don't need notes. They're going to take their sanctions. They knew this going in. However, I'm sure many were worried and fearful about standing up, so it would be a really horrible thing and a big shame if someone played them. I mean who would be the "thugs" here?

Edit to Add: Wow@the Crooks and Liars thing. I'm still reading but wanted to come back and say that.

edit on 2/20/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
A polically left blog?
Color me surprised.......

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

We shall see.

Perfectly fine that you posted from the right, but anything from the left in response is immediately evil? Very interesting.
edit on 2/20/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Given the medical disclosure laws and patient privacy rights, how would anyone know of these "fake doctor's notes"?

Another day, another low in the smear campaign against protesters.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Here's more from News Hounds...

Fox News Gets Punked By Breitbart Pal?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the link Lucidity.

Mods should take note, and remove this post to the HOAX forums.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join