It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bahrain Protesters Shot and Killed (Warning: Graphic)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
A video of peaceful protesters in Bahrain being shot and killed.

Taken from: Live Updates

Just some of the carnage and violence committed on protesters who want Change in their system.

Best of luck to them.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I know you have a warning of graphics scenes but the thumbnail for the video in your post pretty much has the worst still frame of the video already

As for the video itself, I cannot conjure the words to condemn such an attack. I mean, I genuinely question the moral compass of the "security forces" that have just committed mindless murder. Atrocious, absolutely atrocious....S+F
edit on 18-2-2011 by FermiFlux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Does anyone know what they were chanting at the beginning?

And why would they only take out a few of them? A warning? They shot off so many rounds. The fact that these 'soldiers' would do such a thing upsets me and makes me wonder just how many of these mindless compliant 'soldiers' there are out there.

I hope this does not come to the United States anytime soon but I do not have a good feeling about it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
That's the worst shooting I've ever seen.

A large number tightly grouped, and only a handful are down. I'd be more inclined to think that of all who were shooting, only one guy was actually aiming into the crowd.

The first rule of a gunfight, is to bring a gun.

And lots of friends with long guns.

Otherwise, you're all potential targets.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Cold blooded lizards...

We once again are reminded in horrible detail what blood lines will do to keep their petty egos stoked.

My heart goes out to the people of Bahrain.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
CNN and FOXyNEWS both said they were chanting "we march in peace" or something to that effect. And i don't think this is anything compared to what we will see in the coming weeks! (Not to bring down the atrocity of this event)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
All this worldwide talk about CHANGE esp here in Obamaland. Change is great but has anyone asked CHaNgE to what?!!?!? A globally dominant govt? A third world war starting from Iran? I'm all about freedom and Democracy (the kind Washington and Jefferson and the founding fathers envisioned) but all of these world events smell of DUMBocracy to me. Govt's influencing social media to influence the masses to usurp other govts all the while not risking a soldier but risking the innocent like "lambs to the slaughter"! GOD SAVE THEM PLEASE!
And whats up with these revolutions using children to march with them! REALLY?!! I have seen infants and small children in a lot of the vids on these uprisings and even school children marching in our own country brought by there teachers to rallies in Wisc. When asked what they were there for several school kids had no clue several saying things like "I dunno I guess we are protesting today" protesting what? "whatever the teachers are protesting"

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I don't know what all else to say than this is disgusting and sad.

People rising up against oppression, I suppose. They die. Who started all this? Who has worked to change the status quo to where so many people are willing to be killed for change?

Is it people awakening? Is it some sort of massive influence so that people will eventually just want to go back home and be quiet and just continue to live their meager existance and shut up?

Is it the birth of a new world order?

Enquring minds want to know....

What the hell is going on and what or who started it all?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I wonder if this will bolster the demonstrators, or scare them into submission?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I'd say any rational, sane, prudent person would avoid any marching in the near future.

In fact, I'd stay far away from any crowds for a while.

In fact, had I been there, I think I'd stick close to the house for a while.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Depopulation............ TPTB must be real proud of this....

2nd line

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Some information.

The kingdom has a small but well equipped military called the Bahrain Defence Force (BDF). The BDF is primarily equipped with United States equipment, such as the F16 Fighting Falcon, F5 Freedom Fighter, UH60 Blackhawk, M60A3 tanks, and the ex-USS Jack Williams, an Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate renamed the RBNS Sabha.

It's a really small island (Bahrain) though so these assets are close by.

The Government of Bahrain has a cooperative agreement with the United States Military and has provided the United States a base in Juffair since the early 1990s. This is the home of the headquarters for Commander, United States Naval Forces Central Command (COMUSNAVCENT) / United States Fifth Fleet (COMFIFTHFLT), and about 1500 United States and coalition military personnel.

Bahrain

So there are some political issues there.

edit on 19-2-2011 by muzzleflash because: link

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This video was horrible; but I did notice something amiss about it. Most interesting were the number of rounds fired and the small number of dead or injured. Obviously, there were numerous rounds fired, so that leads me to believe that some of the rounds were either blanks or rubber bullets, while a few fired real ammo. From the ducking motion of the cameraman behind the tree, they thought real ammo was being used, but unless the Bahrain militia are terrible shots, something else must be at work here.

The terror the crowd would feel wondering if the bullets are real or not could be used as an additional deterrent. Which makes this horrible event even more dehumanizing; the Bahrainian militia knew full well who or who didn't have real ammo, if this indeed is the case.

They should use non-lethal ammo or not at all. How well we see the value placed on a human life from tyrannical dictators, no matter what "tag" of royalty they profess to be. They are still just fascists and dictators.

I grieve for the fallen who are protesting their lack of civil rights to a free and democratic country in which to live.

Never forget...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
7.62 mm "attitude adjustments"...

did you people expect anything better from arabs?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
That was weird for me since I've walked down those streets before, I guess things have changed a lot over the last 10 or so years. I didn't see that many poor people there then, it was like a desert beverly hills. Now I wonder when Dubai and Jebel Ali are going to flash.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
well its time to bring democracy. go go usa kill em all.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by notofdahsheeple

Yes that is what I heard on CNN too...also the prince said they were NOT using live ammunition??? Hummm, from the looks of that guy in the street with his skull missing...I'm pretty sure they weren't using the sand bags.

This is awful..those people had no weapons. WHY did the military fire on them?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
wow but i think the egypt run overs are more hardcore because shooting down protestors is "normal"

www.youtube.com... or www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
well listening to the way the gunfire sounds it kinda sounds like there might have been an automatic weapon used. listen after the first shot is fired its like a 3-5 round burst but it is more distinctive then the other semi-automatic fire. the automatic weapon might have been the one shooting live rounds because rubber bullets aren't suppose to penetrate are they?

the way the victims are somewhat grouped, leads me to believe that there was only one weapon firing real ammunition.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
K now Egypt has approved Iran's request to bring a coupla big ass ships into the Suez Canal so they can do some war exercises. Warming up for something Ahmedinejad?! Additionally has anyone noticed that China has been extremely quiet the past months that's a little more then scary.
edit on 19-2-2011 by notofdahsheeple because: forgot some words!

edit on 19-2-2011 by notofdahsheeple because: ^^

top topics

<<   2 >>

join