It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.3 Arkansas Quake Awoke People From Their Sleep Over 100 Miles Away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There was just a 4.3 earthquake in Arkansas, and people over 100 miles away from the epicenter were awoken from their sleep by it.

I have extensive knowledge of the earthquakes in this region of the country. I advise anyone in the Ozarks Arkansas region to consider getting out of the area. New Madrid's pressure is being released at the Greenbrier, Arkansas area, as the fault line's pressure is moving towards the west, due to the imbalances and pressures caused by the BP oil spill.

This 4.3 earthquake might be an early fore shock of a soon to hit series of super shear mega quakes, magnitude 9.0-9.6 that could be about to hit the area. Anyone that lives in the Arkansas Ozarks is advised to consider getting out of the area.

edit on 18-2-2011 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Aren't earthquakes that size pretty much the norm over there? At least thats what us brits seem to hear everytime we panic about anything that size.

They never usualy lead to 9.0 quakes, any reason this one is any different?

CX.
edit on 18/2/11 by CX because: spelling

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak
There was just a 4.3 earthquake in Arkansas, and people over 100 miles away from the epicenter were awoken from their sleep by it.

I have extensive knowledge of the earthquakes in this region of the country. I strongly advise anyone in the Ozarks Arkansas region to get out of the area immediately. New Madrid's pressure is being released at the Greenbrier, Arkansas area, as the fault line's pressure is moving towards the west, due to the imbalances and pressures caused by the BP oil spill.

This 4.3 earthquake, was in all likelihood, an early fore shock of a soon to hit series of super shear mega quakes, magnitude 9.0-9.6 that are about to hit the area. Anyone that lives in the Arkansas Ozarks is strongly advised to get out of the area immediately.

Ok, so I am to heed your advise, and Ive got my supplies ready and packed. I kept a full tank of gas in my vehicle and have extra fuel in safe containers. The water is loaded and I told my family ok...cmon lets go!!! My wife says, "dear, are you sure about this"? I told her yes, i am "SURE" cause "some guy on the internet said so". You see where I am going with this?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

please show us your proof graphs ,charts, links to articles...something. If not this should be moved to the predictions/prophecy forums.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hmmm...I just checked some Arkansas traffic websites and it doesn't look like the highways are choked with cars fleeing on the advice of the OP.

I too would like to ask for proof of the impending doom.

We all know that the New Madrid fault will rupture sometime in the future, but I haven't seen anything posted that convinces me of something imminent.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Even though I am very worried about that region, without backing this stuff up with actual data, you are actually fearmongering.

The situation itself is scary enough, but throwing out predictions of richter 9 EQ's without data is not right. You must back up your data with more than claiming to be an expert.

And yes, I have studied the NMSZ quite a bit myself. I have seen you in other threads claim that it would require a 9 to change the direction of the Mississippi like it did in the 1800's.

Where's the beef?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Who is sleeping at this time of the day to be awoken by a quake...?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
where do you get this information from
that there will be a big one in short time

because it is something big to scare the people this much and to told them to run away

how long is short time for you?
1 hour
2 ?
1 day
1 week
1 year
1 lifetime?
be more specific and give us the way you come with your warning

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Get out of Arkansas? Heck, sounds exciting, I just might move there to get in on the epic destruction!

Sorry, living in Central Oregon gets kind of boring - no earthquakes, no tornadoes, no hurricanes, we have volcanoes but they are all asleep. Arkansas sounds like it just might be the hip place to hang out!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NateNute

Hey some of us old farts eat a couple o cookies and drink some milk and it's nappy poo time!

Seriously though back on topic, 4 point lol here in Kalifornia we sleep through 7 pointers.
Wake me up when the knob hits eleven!
There does seem to be alot of hype on the new mudr....made... madrid yada yada.
Earthquakes are one of those things you cannot fake, when they get big and frequent enough even the sheeple will talk about them.
Personal tip, just stay out of the big cities and off of bridges and you'll be fine.
If these 2 suggestions do not help, it was too big and you were doomed anyway.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Im not liking this at all . Im not saying it is , but I am saying it could be the start of this : www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would really like to hear what TheRedneck has to say about this.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
4.3......pfff.

I bet our Japanese members having had 10 over that magnitude in the last week are laughing at the thread title....

neic.usgs.gov...

Lets get into the 5's at least before telling people to abandon their state

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Im not liking this at all . Im not saying it is , but I am saying it could be the start of this : www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would really like to hear what TheRedneck has to say about this.

Now thats more like it...I think I'll move to this thread. Alot of pictures and links to back up thoughts. If what hes saying is true then the OP might be right

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Right,.
people are just gonna pack up and leave,.
I'd say the better advice would be
Make sure your earthquake insurance is paid and up to date.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Uuhmm....nope. I only live about 25-30mi away, and I didn't feel a thing. I've also got a sister about 15mi from that Guy/Greenbrier area and she didn't feel a thing. A four pointer would barely be felt as nothing more than kinda of a hard roll anyway, at least at the distance we're sittin at....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren
Uuhmm....nope. I only live about 25-30mi away, and I didn't feel a thing. I've also got a sister about 15mi from that Guy/Greenbrier area and she didn't feel a thing. A four pointer would barely be felt as nothing more than kinda of a hard roll anyway, at least at the distance we're sittin at....

There are numerous reports to local news media that people in Harrison Arkansas, Mountain Home Arkansas, Salem Arkansas, Gainesville Missouri, etc. were awoken from their sleep by the quake.
edit on 18-2-2011 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Dude, really? I freakin LIVE HERE. I was born & raised in southern California before we moved to Arkansas. I know earthquakes. Trust me...these news reports, I'm sure people closer to Guy/Greenbrier felt a lil something. But the majority of the time around here newscasters will have all manner of toothless hill folk who'll claim they felt & saw just about anything. I'm not sayin they didn't, but even us Arkansans roll our eyes when there's "eye witness" accounts of all the natural phenomena they experienced at 4:50am, "100mi away"... just sayin.
edit on 21-2-2011 by starsyren because: Clarification

top topics

join