It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A place to practice linking and embedding

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Old guy here, not into tech, never put a youtube in, guess I'll try...

Button next to it says vid google? Heck, didn't know they had that...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Whoa!

That was too easy.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get up the courage to try a pic or something.

Thanks OP, great thread!

JR

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I uploaded this pic, wonder if it will display...

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=193470

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Your avvy? There are different option for your photos. I haven't been to MATS in a while but option should say something like "imbed". That you would enter in the "image" button above an open reply box.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Another try:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c482e2d4b8f.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thanks intrepid, I finally saw that.

But how can I grab pics off Google images, and embed those?

The dumb one I got to work was already on my desktop.

(I'm not very technical.)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Pic deleted. It worked!

edit on 29-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

All you need to do is use the preview button on your posts to see what it would look like before you actually post, and then you can edit the text and code to your liking. You can preview a post as many times as you need before you post it. Also there is an edit button once you make the post where you can make any changes you may have missed. If you need to practice embedding all you need to do is use the preview feature until you get it right, and you won't actually make a post until you are ready.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Testing. Please ignore.

img861.imageshack.us...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MaskedDebater

Kinda hard to ignore a guy that I've been listening to for damn near 40 years.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Then you may enjoy this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But be forewarned, I'm not a big fan of his so please don't take it personally.

I had tried unsuccessfully to insert that image in the thread hence my test.

/MD

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I have a quick question (it may sound silly)...Is there a way to embed an image without sending it to ATS pictures first? I mean to actually embed the picture and not just a link to an external picture. For example: If I am on a web page that I would like to snatch a picture from...is there a way to do that without snipping it or saving it, and then having to upload it to my picture file here?

I don't mind all the uploading and everthing but there has got to be an easier way.

Oh...and while I'm asking...some youtue videos will embed and some won't. Other people seem to be able to get the video embedded while I am still fighting it like crazy. Why is this?

edit on 31-5-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

edit on 31-5-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

Edit: Youtube video problem soved...still can't figure out the an easier way to snag pictures though.
edit on 31-5-2011 by jerryznv because: playing around...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

As far as I know, there is no easier way to snag pictures. I believe they have to be uploaded to ATS media first. Don't quote me on that!

As other posters have mentioned on this thread, which has been invaluable to me, you can "quote" a post to see the mechanics of it, you can see which url, or which part of the url has been used and the "tags" used around the url to make it display correctly

Also, there has been some speak of using the "preview" button to check your post. Firstly, this doesn't always work. Secondly, sometimes a thread moves along quite quickly, whereas your post might not be relevant two hours from when you you first started it (as in it takes you forever to get it right, if at all, to the point where you are either weeping or screaming) This thread is to practice and perfect without disrupting other threads with garbled links and a bunch of replies like "your link isn't working" ....I know!, I'm trying!

Also, I am still looking for a little help with embedding maps. There is a code on the maps website that you can use to embed on other websites. Can this code be used on ATS, and what is the procedure? Mini-tutorial for the tech-inept? .......Anyone?

PS. Quote me to see how to make your posts more colorful!
edit on 1-6-2011 by mutantgenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

edit on 1-6-2011 by TransJenny because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2011 by TransJenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Thanks...by the way very nice colors...how did you do that?

I guess I will stick with uploading photos to ATS media then for now...although it is a pain.

I would rather just drag them strait from the software I am using (GIMP, Silver, etc...)...I'm going to keep playing with it though and see what I come up with. Pssst...share how you got the pretty colors!

Okay...lets give this color thing a go!

[color=DarkBlue]Testing one...two...three...

Testing text size...one...two...three...

[color=Pastel Green]Testing three...four...five...
edit on 1-6-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2011 by jerryznv because: color test is complete...please resume normal activities...

edit on 1-6-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

Testing text size...three...four...five...
edit on 1-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...text size text complete...please resume normal activities...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Guide to BB code

Try this thread out for color, size, fonts. Everything you need to know. Credit goes to Darilyn for giving me the link earlier in the thread. Its really quite easy.

I have had a few problems with it here and there. For example, when I posted my previous comment, I looked at the preview and everything was the way I wanted it, but when I hit reply and looked at the post, it wasn't the way it appeared in preview. I went back and edited the post, I removed some commas and periods and it turned out alright.

Also, I did tell you the secret already, just quote my post and you will see the code in there. Check out loams thread on BB code instead tho. It's very informative, user friendly and colorful!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Why is it, when I try to embed 2 different Youtube videos, one works while the other doesn't?

E.g.
works

doesn't work..

What's also weird is that for the first link, I didn't include the "v=" & it managed to link just fine, whereas the other video, I've tried different ways but still cant seem to embed the video..

edit on 9-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join