It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Progressives" Not Toning Down Rhetoric Over Thomas Debacle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Demonstrators at "progressive" rally in Palm Springs call for Clarence Thomas be hanged, stringed up, tortured, sent back to the fields, etc.

"Uncloaking the Kochs" rally sponsored by Common Cause, AFFCE, The Ruckus Society, 350, Greenpeace, Code Pink, the Progessive Democrats of America, and others. Staged outside venue of Koch Brothers conference in Palm Springs.

It seems the same political faction that just last month was asking us all to "tone down the rhetoric" seems to have toned it up to full volume. Video features a woman using the term "racist Tea Party", then features racist "progressives" proudly muttering truly offensive racist and violent rhetoric over the current Clarence Thomas debacle.

I am disgusted with the political climate and everyone on both sides: conservatives and republicans as well as liberals and democrats. However, this video illuminates the repulsiveness of the "progressives". There will be no progress in any way with attitudes and beliefs such as this.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Well luckily they appeared to be some of the lesser mentally functional members of society. I love the quote "I am all about peace, but we should torture him!" I am sure that same person was out in the street railing against waterboarding.. You are right though, I too am tired of all sides of this garbage.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Endure because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endure
You are right though, I too am tired of all sides of this garbage.

Indeed. I'm not really a conservative or a liberal and don't belong to the republicans, democrats or "tea party". One thing of note which struck me is the constant allegations of the "tea party" being racist. I've never really heard any racism from the "tea party" (though surely there must be some[?]), but this video is chock full of open racism from "progressives". Disgusting.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Is everyone in this video high?
No wait they can't be people that are high are peaceful, inbreeding that's has to be it.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The only hateful rhetoric came from the camera operator asking a random guy in the crowd - and the camera operator seemed to be the one asking the leading questions. Could they have been plants? You know by now how this works.

None of the speakers at the podium said anything disrespectful OR hateful.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The only hateful rhetoric came from the camera operator asking a random guy in the crowd - and the camera operator seemed to be the one asking the leading questions. Could they have been plants? You know by now how this works.

Agreed. The interviewer probably was a conservative plant and likely the editing featured the worst of the bunch. But the comments from the crowd apparently were unscripted and spontaneous.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Nothing like Hypocrisy in action.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You can't hold a movement responsible for comments made by random people in a crowd. Without knowing who this guy is, you can only assume it has no official connection to the event organizers. It would by no different than if a Rand Paul supporter showed up at a rally with a "Lynch Obama" sign.

The speakers at this event had a civil tone, and said nothing that could be construed as inciting violence.

The camera operator was walking around asking some fairly leading questions about "what should be done with ..." or "should we do this..." leading questions designed to bait the interviewee. And there is no way to know that any of these people weren't connected to the videographer, it only takes a subtle commentary from a plant to skew everything to the viewpoint the camera operator wished to present.

Obviously the video went straight to the Web with a political slant, so to me, that indicates the camera operator was a political troll who did his best to bait and extoll "violent" commentary that he then rushed to put on the web, it looks like an attempt to demonize "progressives" speaking out about the corrupting influence of the billionaire Koch brothers on our government (there's some political trolling on my part!).

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Ahhhhh, peaceful demonstrators. And these are the same folks that join in with Napolitano who call returning vets, "domestic terrorists".

Since I am in the Tea Party and have been associated with EVERY sign, statement, uttered at Tea Party events around the country, might I use the same approach?

I guess all you liberals feel the same way since some said some things.

Not very fair and balanced
is it?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

What these people said was stupid and deplorable, but don't act like this doesn't happen at conservative rallies. There are loudmouth jackasses on both sides, but they don't represent the beliefs and actions of the majority for either side. Just Youtube Tea Party Rally, and you'll see dozens of videos filled with people you would be ashamed to have associated with your side, just like I am when I see idiots like in the OP's post.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Ahhhhh, peaceful demonstrators. And these are the same folks that join in with Napolitano who call returning vets, "domestic terrorists".

Since I am in the Tea Party and have been associated with EVERY sign, statement, uttered at Tea Party events around the country, might I use the same approach?

I guess all you liberals feel the same way since some said some things.

Not very fair and balanced
is it?

The usual do as I say not as I do by the left.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
It seems the same political faction that just last month was asking us all to "tone down the rhetoric" seems to have toned it up to full volume.

I think the message is clear, the rhetoric needs to be toned down on both sides. I watched the video, saw some of these individuals make violent calls (although I doubt they'd go through with it) and then I saw others call for impeachment which i don't think is inappropriate. I get the point in the OP, these are many liberals acting in the same manner with violent rhetoric as tea partiers are, so maybe this should be an indication that this a problem spanning groups of people?

It was not acceptable when many tea partiers called for violence, it is not acceptable when progressives do it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
~Sigh...

Is this really what we've come to as a country? Tit for tat idiocy?

Wrong is wrong, regardless of political leanings. And yet we seem to have entered into a pattern of rationalizing our own continued trespasses with the petty excuse of "Well, they did it too!"

I can understand kindergarten kids using this logic to explain why they were eating paste. But accepting it from adults, who are engaged in the discussion of issues that may well save, or damn our nation?

We can do better than mud slinging and paste eating. Can't we?

Can't we???

~Heff

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by willie9696

That second to last chick, the one who sounds like Betty Boop after a carton of marlboros? She's definitely drunk or something.

Put Clarence Thomas out in the field? Given his judicial record, one gets the feeling that's exactly where he wants to be. I say put him in a soup kitchen, with a ladel in hand. It'd be like the worst torture for him.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Luckily everyone is paying attention to the really important issues at hand. Who cares if a couple of Billionaires bought the supreme court. Why would that bother anyone? Some strangers in a crowd with no discernable affiliation to anyone anywhere said some stuff. Clearly the point here is that random strangers put on a youtube video are the same as elected officials on the national stage in front of cameras and reporters from the world over and they are all saying bad things. Now please, do not look at the Koch brothers or Clarence Thomas, CONCENTRATE on the random strangers in the youtube video saying stuff. This is important for a our future. Think of the children. There is also no way there people could be plants. I have learned on ATS that only liberals use plants to make conservatives look bad. Conspiracies like that only exist on one side.

new topics

top topics

join