It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former CIA analyst accosted during Clinton speech about tolerating free expression

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Former CIA analyst accosted during Clinton speech about tolerating free expression

Raw Story

The official position of the US Secretary of State is that countries around the world should respect their citizens' rights to free speech, free expression and free assembly -- and that's precisely what Sec. Hillary Clinton said during a Tuesday speech at George Washington University. Unfortunately, as she spoke, not 15 feet in front of her, a series of events unfolded that utterly undermined the message.

Former CIA agent Ray McGovern, an outspoken critic of US foreign policy, stood silently in the auditorium's center aisle, and turned his back on Clinton.

For his symbolic and otherwise non-disruptive protest, he was quickly accosted by security agents. As they struggled to pull him out of the room, a CNN news camera caught the tail end of the ordeal.

"SO THIS IS AMERICA?!? This is America? Who are you?" the 71-year-old McGovern shouted as he was hauled away. He claims to have been "bloodied" and "bruised" (photo) by one man in uniform and an unnamed, plain-clothes security worker.

Clinton didn't even skip a beat.

I'm almost flabbergasted! Clinton is basically proselytizing about the importance of freedom of expression and speech while a man is being thrown out of the room for expressing his views silently. I absolutely love the last sentence, "Clinton didn't even skip a beat." She just kept reading from the teleprompter as if nothing was happening. As if there wasn't utter hypocrisy going on right in front of her face.

To make matters even worse, McGovern was basically assaulted during the ordeal!! Here's a picture from after the incident:

Press TV

As U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton spoke on issues of free speech at George Washington University on Tuesday, former CIA analyst Ray McGovern was assaulted, dragged from the room and double handcuffed with metal cuffs causing profuse bleeding.

So not only was he removed, it was a forcible removal, AND they threw two set of handcuffs on him!

The lies are being exposed more and more everyday.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
well done that man.

its about time someone said...did, something, I have never been one to support violent protest since it only furthers the point that they believe, control is needed, which to the extent that has been issued it isn't. of course to a point, but not that far.

I can not imagine what would go through these peoples minds if a million people stood utterly silent outside of some rally or something, unless tptb literally have no souls then I guess we're out of ideas.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Here is what McGovern had to say about why he was protesting:

Antiwar.com

“Hillary is the driving force, together with a few others, behind the wars in Afghanistan. She’s one of the big hawks in Iran. When I look at her and her husband that they don’t know the first thing about war. I do and so do my fellow Veterans for Peace. I have to make clear that we Veterans for Peace think that her policies are an abomination to the nation, that they are at cross purposes to the country and not everybody should applaud and give her the idea that she’s doing the right thing.”

“I knew that Hillary knew, at the beginning of the war, that Hillary knew how things would go. There was a young lady who was working as Hillary Clinton’s personal staff chief, when she was a senator in 2002 and 2003, was in a class I taught in DC and I’d ask her to give her boss articles I wrote. And she did give them to her. So I know that. She made a political calculation that she needed to be strong because she was a woman even though she knew from us that the unintended consequences would be catastrophic. She knew all that and made that calculation.”

“The height of irony, of course, is that was her tragic flaw that let Obama beat her. She supported the war and Obama didn’t. She is the height of hypocrisy. When people die because we have hypocrites at the top of our government, that compels me to make a statement in whatever way I can. It was not the theme of her speech that I was protesting. It was her war policies and support of Mubarak.”

This same article also goes into more detail about what happened to McGovern. He was held in jail for three hours and the doctors told him he should press charges against those who assaulted him!! HA! What a laugh! If they only knew!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by madscientistintraining

In a strange way, I'm glad this happened to him. I would be willing to wager that he feels the same way. This incident, partially caught on camera, highlights the hypocrisies of our government. We can't trust anything they say anymore. Whether it be some measly press conference, the State of the Union, a White House news brief, or a cabinet member such as Hillary taking the time to denounce the violence perpetrated against protesters by their own government to shut them up. I still can't get over the irony of the whole situation!

He goes on to say:

As bad as Donald Rumsfeld was, he let me speak. He let me speak and engaged me in dialog.”

“At the same [Rumsfeld] speech, there was a courageous guy who stood with his back to Rumsfeld the entire speech. They left him completely alone and he walked out at the end, unbothered. Four years later, things have changed.

antiwar.com

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

My heart sank and I got sickened when I saw that Hillary starts grinning when the security forces come in to censure the fellow who is peacefully protesting.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Wow, thanks for posting that video. It's one thing to read his account of what happened, but completely another to SEE it happen. Worse yet, we don't really know what it looked like after they were out of the view of the camera.
edit on 17-2-2011 by nunya13 because: typo

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I'm surprised to hear this. I actually wanted to vote for her but the government only let me vote for Obama as a Democrat.

What it sounds like to me is that these are some of those overly serious security agents and they went over board, then Hillary Clinton either did not see it, or she is does not have her priorities straight and felt that continuing the speech was more important. If this is the case then she is probably a little bit of a stereo typer and she dose not like Ron Paul supporter type people. If this is the case then I would not want her in charge, well unless the other choice was worse, and she probably needs to grow up a bit.

I would like to see a video of this. I will search for it my self also.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Oh... She's stuck up that's what's going on. In her head she must have went back to the days of being little Lisa Simpson and thought to her self "I must ignore the bad students". That's one reason I never liked her, she's too much like Lisa Simpson. If she was president I would expect she would make school more serial. That's probably all she cares about.

She probably still thinks she is in school, when this is the real world and the real world and school are two different things. If this is the case she does not have what it takes to be in charge with the real world because she would get run over by the trouble causing element of our population. I bet if some one threw a ball of paper or something at her she would react in a nerdy way like "Geezz, stop it!". (Kip Dynamite). Please no one go and do this, but if you do I don't care because it's not like a piece of paper is going to be the end of the world.

You know I hate this argument, but now that I think of it the Democrat polotitians are all kind of a bit too nerdy.
edit on 17-2-2011 by canofnothing because: I added more

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by canofnothing

Another poster posted a video just a couple posts above yours. You can see that he is directly in line-sight of her, she starts smiling as it is going on, and continues her speech.

It really doesn't matter if she thought her speech was more important. In America, you stand up for people's rights. That man had a right to do what he did. If she was leadership material and not the same old status quo she would have spoken up for that man. I'm certain there is a reason she didn't.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Just thought I'd give this important thread a little bump-aroonie

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by canofnothing

It really doesn't matter if she thought her speech was more important. In America, you stand up for people's rights. That man had a right to do what he did. If she was leadership material and not the same old status quo she would have spoken up for that man. I'm certain there is a reason she didn't.

Absolutely 100% right. She should have stopped her speech and stopped her security forces and told them to let him stay there. What gets me is that if she did that, his story would NEVER HAVE BEEN HEARD.

By letting it happen and be videoed, she gave the guy a platform to stand on.

Besides, imagine how she could have used him as a prop. "We support peaceful protest in the US. Just like our friend here in the aisle who is standing peacfully to make his point"

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What blistering irony and how telling about the state of things. Condemning Egyptian attempts to block freedom of expression, then continuing to smile while a seventy-one-year-old zero aggressive, non-disruptive dissenter is brutally dragged away.

She should and would have halted her speech immediately to decry what was happening were she not a complete hypocrite.

Reminds me of the University of Florida incident where Senator John Kerry watches a student protester tasered multiple times and claims the following day, "I was not aware that a taser was used until after I left the building."

Thanks to the internet, once in a while Americans get to see quite explicitly how their "representatives" are wilfully deaf and blind to an encroaching police state.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilAxis

I'd say not just deaf and blind to it, but actively trying to bring it about. Even non-violent protest is a threat to them and their control of us.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I always thought that cow was a ruthless, lying, self interested scumsucker..now i know it is.

All those who are intending to vote for that thing again, all say "Yay Clinton! you're my humanitarian Hero!"

Any takers?

edit on 18/2/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What would be nice is if we had a large group of people attending one of these events say, the entire front row for example, doing exactly what Mr. McGovern did. Let's see Hillary verbally condemn police state actions while a large number of protestors are assaulted. Maybe then she'll have to acknowledge the hypocricy of her words....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I always thought that cow was a ruthless, lying, self interested scumsucker....

Unfortunately she is also terrifyingly intelligent. I am very much afraid she will be our next president, may the Deity help us all.

She reminds me very much of Ted Kennedy. He had an entire flight crew fired when they caught the SOB sitting in a first class seat with a cattle class ticket. It came up on a radio talk show, in Massachusetts, a 95% democrat state. The show was swamped by shop clerks, waitresses and others of the "servant class" with complaints about his nasty behavior to his "inferiors" - A MAFIA princeling showing his true colors.

Hillary strikes me as the same an intelligent and very ruthless B.... She is also very much in the Globalist camp as her traitor of a husband. Bill Clinton with Ronald Reagan's help is responsible for bring this country to its knees. And that is based on the laws they signed and their policies. FACTS not feelings.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Anyone else find it intriguing that, a whole day later, not one single American media outlet has even acknowledged this occurrence's existence? The only place I can find it that's considered "mainstream" is Huffpo. So what does it mean, that the media ignores a story solely because it embarrasses Hillary Clinton? What does that say about freedom in this country? Both the event itself and the total lack of coverage of said event indicate some seriously-bad things. By now, all 300 million of us should be yelling on the White House lawn. What, you think they can drag us ALL away?

And WHY have none of them mentioned that today is the one-year anniversary of Joe Stack's plane attack on that IRS office in Austin that I drive past every day? Why did the media program us to forget about that, huh? I challenge you. Go to cnn.com and foxnews.com and just search for "Joe Stack", ordering by date. Also try "austin irs attack" or "joseph stack" or any other combination you can think of. Ten million internets to anyone who can find any mention of it...

WHY?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

The way to force it is to force it. They want to use the social networks against the American people.. use their tools against them. I have already posted on this on my facebook. I aim to do so again today.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
When I watched the video the first thing that pooped into my mind was that Hillary was not there at all!

Any video editing people out there should CHECK this out. I think she was a hologram! Or a video overlay of some sort! I felt that she smiled due to her statement of Mubarek shutting down the internet! Which is scary enough! She made no reaction to the silent protester the whole time because she wasn't there and didn't know what was going on! It was a pre made hologram speech or video overlay!

I'm not an editor but, that's how it looked to me! Watch the video again to see for yourself!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

quote "then the government pulled the plug" Big smile, seems really happy about this

quote "cell phone service was cut off" Smiles very smugly about this fact.

quote " did not want the PRESS to communicate with the public" Small grin from her when she says press

Seems to me like Hillary is very happy with these statements, almost like this would be GREAT if it happened here!

Just my thoughts on the video!

She also made sure to look away from the protester the ENTIRE time!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join