It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Davie paying officer to not work — for 7 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Davie paying officer to not work — for 7 years

www.orlandosentinel.com

The Davie Police Department hasn't let Officer Kevin Kilpatrick report to duty for seven years — but still pays him $80,275 annually.

He has made more than $550,000 for not working.

Kilpatrick, 41, has been investigated on accusations involving a domestic abuse call cover-up as well as a DUI charge. The department fired him twice, and twice he won his job back — once from an arbitrator, once from a federal judge.

"There was nothing wrong with him," said Romin Currier, Kilpatrick's attorney. "This guy was completely railroaded by the department."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is a really bizzare story, and one that leaves more questions than it does answers...

Has there been a conspiracy in this department to railroad this officer, and prevent him from returning to duty, as his attorney suggests? A vendetta from superiors who didn't like him?

Or, has he been a "problem" officer, who warrants being kept out of uniform? And if so, why is it that tax-payers are footing the bill, now going on SEVEN YEARS, and to the tune of EIGHTY thousand dollars per year, while this man is no longer performing his duties and sitting at home?

To me, this one sounds like the former---The guy was cleared, and it sounds like he wants to go back to work, and that perhaps there has been a vendetta by superiors carried out to keep him from coming back. So the department itself needs to get its head out of its arse and at least let the guy have a desk job if they are going to keep him on the salary, which ain't too shabby pay if I do say so myself. lol

www.orlandosentinel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Davie is notorious in South Florida as being a good ole boy bastion of conservatism and cronyism. It's a mostly upscale bedroom community with some ranches smattered about of property owners who don't take well to outsiders, interlopers or even people just passing through, who have been entrenched for generations. It's a little fiefdom within the bigger fiefdom of South Florida, and good luck getting those people to do anything other than they want too.

South Florida Politics is a very peculiar thing.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Definately worth a star and flag for this one. Yes, it sound slike he was screwed but only to a limit. Afterall he has been paid. This is strange and I would not be surprised if there was somehting else to this that neither side is telling. If not, then I envy him!!

After reading the article it does sound as if he was a target for some reason. Anyway, it sounds like he was the target of some a-hole supervisor or higher brass. Good for him I say!
edit on 16-2-2011 by Humint1 because: Add to my post

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I also want to know why is he being paid over 80K a year? That is an astoundingly high number. Especially for being an officer in an upscale ranch town.

new topics

top topics

join