It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And more FOX "News" bias

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Who cares about the truth, right? For once a real conservative (RP) and not some lunatic like Palin wins...but FOX obviously prefers pushing their own agenda. And it wasn't even close, Palin got like 3%

This goes along well with their other dirty tactics:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a300883d42c2.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/644506b67b1c.jpg[/atsimg]

And the CPAC video was in their "NEWS" segment, an absolute disgrace...they should be forced to remove the "news" part from their name. It's a propaganda machine for the dumb and gullible, nothing more.

I don't care if they do it in opinion shows like Beck, it's just as ridiculous of course, but at least people with a brain will realize it's an opinion show not based on facts. But doing it in their news shows is beyond wrong. They are misleading the people ON PURPOSE!!
edit on 16-2-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
S&F! i'm sure a lot of the members already know my views on the dirty, corrupt, corporation,.. they call FOX

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Thread already here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Ups, sorry...and even made by Blue Jay. And I agree with him, the world is coming to an end!!!

@Mods: Sry guys, pls lock

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Alright I am not a big gambler into corporate news, but you posted a video that has been cut and pieced together to further an agenda that puts down another agenda? Am I the only one that sees the irony in this?

This post isn't defending FOX, nor is it supporting Congressman Ron Paul. It is, just an objective view on the information you have presented and as such, it is biased in its own way....

Now, if this is what you are refering to, then here is a pretty objective view upon the matter of fact
Fox News under fire...

Basing your opinion upon hearsay and false truth does not make them right; albeit, popular, they require some backing.

Can anyone confirm that Fox News, within their actual news segment (very small window) did such as the link I presented claimed they did?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Why is everyone focused on one news site? they are all biased. its like a big game. several news outlets pretend to be on the side of a certain segment of the populace. MSNBC, CNN FOX, etc they are all corrupt.
I find it amusing to see all these threads charging at the windmill.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Can anyone confirm that Fox News, within their actual news segment (very small window) did such as the link I presented claimed they did?

Well, given that it's a FACT that they manipulated pictures and sound in the past to fit their agenda, I think it's pretty safe to say it wasn't an honest mistake. Remember the footage where they showed attendants of a rally in summer and pretended they were attendants of a less popular rally in summer? Or when they manipulated photos of politicians they don't like? It's not as if you can switch a photo by accident if the one you post is photoshopped from an original!

But all this is already being discussed in the other thread, you might wanna post there

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Nope cannot recall since I don't own a TV nor subscribe to cable.

The crux of my post was to ask a simple question: How is claiming a news agency has an agenda by using a spliced together video to promote an agenda any better than the accused news agency? Again, am I the only one that sees the irony of that?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by MrXYZ

Nope cannot recall since I don't own a TV nor subscribe to cable.

The crux of my post was to ask a simple question: How is claiming a news agency has an agenda by using a spliced together video to promote an agenda any better than the accused news agency? Again, am I the only one that sees the irony of that?

Yes. So are you seriously claiming taking offense at them manipulating the gullible viewers is wrong? I am not claiming they manipulate the truth, I KNOW they do

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

So using a video spliced together to paint one in a certain light is okay, but if that agency does nearly the same it is bad? Am I following?

A bit of disclaimer is I really don't care because I don't follow network news, but the claims made here, based upon the video that is obviously biased in one direction just smacks irony.

What FOX does is their business. I don't agree with it, among the numerous outlets. But to rebut their reporting with an equally biased video seems a bit lacking.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by MrXYZ

So using a video spliced together to paint one in a certain light is okay, but if that agency does nearly the same it is bad? Am I following?

A bit of disclaimer is I really don't care because I don't follow network news, but the claims made here, based upon the video that is obviously biased in one direction just smacks irony.

What FOX does is their business. I don't agree with it, among the numerous outlets. But to rebut their reporting with an equally biased video seems a bit lacking.

How is the other video biased??? It does nothing but tell facts and the truth, it doesn't manipulate anything.

Only the FOX video blatantly covers up the truth...yet you believe they're both the same??? That doesn't make any sense!

edit on 20-2-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'm sure no one here will be swayed by this, but at least they did retract it:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by VortiganX
Why is everyone focused on one news site? they are all biased. its like a big game. several news outlets pretend to be on the side of a certain segment of the populace. MSNBC, CNN FOX, etc they are all corrupt.
I find it amusing to see all these threads charging at the windmill.

there's a big difference between bias and lying...i like my 49'rs and thought they played the best they could with what they had last year...that's bias...but if i said they were one of the best teams last year, but got cheated out of games they should have won...i would be lying.
same goes for this particular FOX spot...this wasn't "bias"...they lied about the time of the event shown, by blatantly trying to cover up the lie that it was 2011 instead of the truth that it was 2010. that is "lying" not being "biased". and still there are people on this very website that are trying to show equivalentcy, as if MSNBC, and CNN do this too...they do not, and anyone with a modicum of crictical-thinking skills knows the difference. this is classic neo- conservative jargon, that works to this day. don't think so?...look at the backtracking on lies told to the public by bush's senior advisors about a "mushroom cloud" over america, if we did not "take out" saddam in iraq...this wasn't ancient history and the video and audio recordings can easily verify it.
edit on 20-2-2011 by jimmyx because: syntax error

edit on 20-2-2011 by jimmyx because: supporting arguement

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

Ahahaha, yeah...but look at how they did it

They spent a few second saying they made a mistake, and then spent the large majority of the clip showing the wrong footage AGAIN! That's not a real apology, that's a convenient way of showing your bogus clip again. You don't see it in this clip because whoever uploaded this clip to Youtube edited out the part where they showed the wrong footage again for minutes.

Seriously, after this, anyone watching FOX is completely gullible and dumb in my opinion because you obviously don't care about facts. Of course if you watch it as a way to laugh at their comedy, that's a different story...just don't take anything they say as fact

edit on 20-2-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is nothing new, and Fox is by far not the only media outlet guilty of such shenanigans.Do you guys remember a few years back when Dan Rather/CBS got busted on some bogus story? And I loved Rather's response:" Well, the story was unfactual but true..." HUH???

CX

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I won't be swayed by it as long as Fox have the wrong video up on thier site...the video they are so sorry for "mixing up", yet after that 40 second video slip you show there, they feel it right to keep the offending video up.

I highlighted this in another thread here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Heres the link to the video they still have on thier site...

video.foxnews.com...

Sorry, but in my opinion it's only a serious redation if you don't keep doing it, or in this case, displaying the offending video, just incase the loyal Fox supporters missed it the first time.

The correct way of dealing with this should have been....

1. A public apology to Ron Paul...on TV and on the home page pf the website.
2. That video to be confined to the archives and removed from the site. It's old and has no need on the current news.

CX.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

video.foxnews.com...

Guess you didn't notice your link now points to the apology video.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

video.foxnews.com...

Guess you didn't notice your link now points to the apology video.

Yes, an "apology video" that contained 40sec of apologies, and then over 6 minutes showing that bogus clip again!!

You'd have to be a completely brainwashed sheep to claim that was an honest apology. It takes a DELIBERATE effort to mix up archived clips like that, it WASN'T an accident. And their half-baked apology certainly didn't seem honest given that they spent most of that clip showing their doctored clip once more.

Only gullible, dumb people still watch that nonsense channel

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Yes, an "apology video" that contained 40sec of apologies, and then over 6 minutes showing that bogus clip again!!

You apparently didn't watch the whole clip or your hate blinds you. It appears they stuck their apology to the front of the original video but otherwise left it unchanged and that was probably not the best way to handle it.. Still, there's only about 30 seconds of the 2010 announcement and then there's 5:30 minutes of Ron Paul interview. It seemed to me to be a fair and cordial interview too, at least Ron Paul was smiling at the end of it. I like a lot of what Ron Paul says but I have to agree with Trump, Ron Paul has 0% chance of being nominated or elected.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

It's not a matter of whether RP is good or bad...like I said, I agree with him on some issues, but totally disagree with him on others. The fact remains, FOX doctored a video on purpose to push their agenda...just like they did when they manipulated those photos I posted above, or when they tried to misrepresent rally attendances (multiple times).

The "apology" doesn't really change anything. They claim it was an honest mistake, but people working in the industry know old footage gets archived in a way that makes it very clear a "mistake" like that only happens when someone is trying to do it on purpose. So my point still stands, only the dumb and gullible would still watch FOX as their source of information...and their "fair and balanced" slogan is beyond ridiculous.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join