It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 year old boy interviews john lennon in 1969.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
In 1969, a 14-year-old Beatle fanatic named Jerry Levitan snuck into John Lennon's hotel room in Toronto and convinced him to do an interview. 38 years later, Levitan, director Josh Raskin and illustrators James Braithwaite and Alex Kurina have collaborated to create an animated short film using the original interview recording as the soundtrack. A spellbinding vessel for Lennon's boundless wit and timeless message, I Met the Walrus was nominated for the 2008 Academy Award for Animated Short and won the 2009 Emmy for 'New Approaches' (making it the first film to win an Emmy on behalf of the internet).

well i knew he was an activist, but a lot of what he says, matches what a lot of us think.

i always dismissed John Lennon out of hand as a hippy, but what he says here about the establishment really struck a chord.

what do you think?

while i dont believe in non violent revolution, he clearly did, and said some really great things.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This is a man who's phone was tapped, was stalked by government agent's, and was almost deported for a pot charge where the marijuana was planted by the officer who ran the drug squad that busted him. He knew what was wrong with the government lol

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
excellent I really appreciate this post as it reveals J L simple approach, what a target he made himself. Also a great replacement job has been done with regards to a change in the expected script.So many people were disappointing with what came after the 60"s and 70"s, I wonder if the same will happen with us? I suppose that is the benefit to evolving individually, one is not so goal orientated globally.
Many thanks

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Ahh, that was nice, i don't think i have heard that before. I love the kids audacity to slip in with recording equipment, and i love that John allowed him to proceed. John's message and demeaner could not be simpler. He speaks with such a straight tone that it is impossible to misinterpret his message. (Even though it often was, or at least misrepresented to those who wouldn't dare listen to his words directly)

His message never changed. I still love the Beatle's music and their individual stories, They all knew that the message of peace was way more important than the music.

a reply to: okamitengu

join